dcsimg

V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 710 total)
  • Author

I was cleaning up a bunch of old hardware that generations of people have painted over so I bought a wire wheel for one of my grinders.

Be careful of age old paint under newer paint if it may kick up lead dust.

Good point Sami 👊

Doobie

I was cleaning up a bunch of old hardware that generations of people have painted over so I bought a wire wheel for one of my grinders.

Be careful of age old paint under newer paint if it may kick up lead dust.

Even sanding with an extractor can be an issue.

Maybe stripper is best with nitrile gloves on.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Bought meself a new toy 😀
    I wanted for a long time this model but it was pricey so I waited. No rush. It will come. And it came.
    Heavy duty mortiser General 75-075 M-1. Barely used.

I wanted for a long time this model but it was pricey so I waited. No rush. It will come. And it came.

😮😮😮👍 Wow congrats Sorin , must have been a beatch to take down off your truck ?
    Looks like it’s in great shape.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I took it off the stand and put it in the trunk of my car.
    The top weighs 250 pounds. I had no idea that it’s that heavy and I tried to lift it by myself. The old guy who sold it to me was perplexed when he realized what I was trying to do. 😀

The top weighs 250 pounds. I had no idea that it’s that heavy and I tried to lift it by myself. The old guy who sold it to me was perplexed when he realized what I was trying to do. 😀

Lmao. I could have just imagined. Did you have any help.
    If not , guess your tool of the day will be Advil and A535 LoL.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

3 people total: me, meself and I 😀

3 people total: me, meself and I 😀

Haha that’s funny , great sense of humor Sorin 👍

Doobie

Oh man, that’s a serious mortiser. Congratz Sorin!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dewalt Revamps ToughSystem Modular Tool Boxes, Says ToughSystem 2.0 on the Way

https://toolguyd.com/dewalt-toughsystem-modular-tool-boxes-2020-update/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I wonder if Bosch will ever put out another style or even do a drastic update on the L boxes.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I wonder if Bosch will ever put out another style or even do a drastic update on the L boxes.

Not sure. The L-Boxxx are actually made by Sortimo and there are other Bosch cases made by another case maker out there, don’t remember their name but there is a whole thread discussing this somewhere. Personally I don’t think Bosch did a good job designing their storage solutions, to allow versatile usages like wall mounting, roof mounting, rack mounting, as well as easy mobile transport, with integrated radio/charger integration, as well as considerations for their larger tools such as recip saws and rotary hammers still requiring their own larger hard cases totally incompatible with their LBs unless you want to lay them tilted diagonally at an angle into the deepest box.

Not sure. The L-Boxxx are actually made by Sortimo and there are other Bosch cases made by another case maker out there, don’t remember their name but there is a whole thread discussing this somewhere. Personally I don’t think Bosch did a good job designing their storage solutions, to allow versatile usages like wall mounting, roof mounting, rack mounting, as well as easy mobile transport, with integrated radio/charger integration, as well as considerations for their larger tools such as recip saws and rotary hammers still requiring their own larger hard cases totally incompatible with their LBs unless you want to lay them tilted diagonally at an angle into the deepest box.

Exactly why I was wondering if they were thinking about coming out with a new design to compete with the other manufacturers that have some pretty cool design and features. The l boxes are great for loading and transportation but as for function , they are pretty bad , it’s annoying when you have to remove a stack just to get what you need out of the lower box.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Made an impulse buy. Just got is so haven’t used it yet. First impressions…. looks to be well built, comes with rip guide, blade, belt hook, dust connector that attaches to dust port and can be used with bag or vac, on board wrench and freebie batt.
    For a compact saw it’s on the heavy side, not sure I would want to spend much time with it hanging on my belt. The screw that tightens down on the rip guide comes in on an angle, so unless you crank down on it the guide seems to be easy to move

Attachments:

I am willing to bet that is faster and more accurate than me with a chisel and mallet. Enjoy your toy!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I am willing to bet that is faster and more accurate than me with a chisel and mallet. Enjoy your toy!

Count me in with the accuracy.
    I still didn’t try it in my shop because I have to change the 220V plug from the twist lock plug to nema 6-30p plug that I have the socket for.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Made an impulse buy. Just got is so haven’t used it yet. First impressions…. looks to be well built, comes with rip guide, blade, belt hook, dust connector that attaches to dust port and can be used with bag or vac, on board wrench and freebie batt.
    For a compact saw it’s on the heavy side, not sure I would want to spend much time with it hanging on my belt. The screw that tightens down on the rip guide comes in on an angle, so unless you crank down on it the guide seems to be easy to move

I was looking at that saw the other day. Thought it might be handy for flooring and renos through the winter.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My 18V Makita die grinder arrived. Look forward to giving it a try.

Greg

Congrats , they definitely look like they have a spot in the tool box , looks like a pretty decent design , I’ve seen some people love how it’s easy to control from some IG posts.

Doobie

My 18V Makita die grinder arrived. Look forward to giving it a try.

So where do you buy attachments for it? I don’t recall ever seeing them for sale in BB stores, nor the die grinders themselves for that matter.

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 710 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.787 seconds