dcsimg

V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 706 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Went and bought these recip scraper blades at PA. Didn’t do the job I was hoping to accomplish with them, but for $20 I think I’ll find something else they will be useful for down the road.

A lot cheaper than name brand ones out there too like the Spyder ones who came out with these types of recip scraper blades. The Milwaukee ones are going back for sure, they were just a potential back up if the PA ones worked but would maybe break because of cheapnis.

We use the scrapers like that for removing glue on walls when we run into it replacing pads in gyms. I can usually find the 3 pack of the Spyder’s for $9.99. It takes the right touch to not push the blade to hard and break them, but even with that they only last so long before the tip that fits in the recip saw breaks.

I have also used the Milwaukee, they are a much better blade than even the Spyder’s, but at a much greater cost also.

Doobie

Went and bought these recip scraper blades at PA. Didn’t do the job I was hoping to accomplish with them, but for $20 I think I’ll find something else they will be useful for down the road.

A lot cheaper than name brand ones out there too like the Spyder ones who came out with these types of recip scraper blades. The Milwaukee ones are going back for sure, they were just a potential back up if the PA ones worked but would maybe break because of cheapnis.

We use the scrapers like that for removing glue on walls when we run into it replacing pads in gyms. I can usually find the 3 pack of the Spyder’s for $9.99. It takes the right touch to not push the blade to hard and break them, but even with that they only last so long before the tip that fits in the recip saw breaks.

I have also used the Milwaukee, they are a much better blade than even the Spyder’s, but at a much greater cost also.

What about stuck on carpeting or underpad Kurt? Ever use it for that?

The packaging says it can be used for tile removal, but I magine that must be for smallish/thin wall tiles only.

The only places I can the actually find Spyder blades here in Canada are for stupid prices compared to what you guys pay in the US. The individual Milwaukee ones I found at HD were like 12-14 dollars each.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It is good you found these scraper blades. But to bad they didn’t work for the job you bought them for.

Edit

Greg

Doobie

It is good you found these scraper blades. But to bad they work for the job you bought them for.

They didn’t work…or is that another typo?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It is good you found these scraper blades. But to bad they work for the job you bought them for.

They didn’t work…or is that another typo?

Yeah it was a typo. It is hard to multi task when I on the computer and dealing kids problems. Also trying to get my morning coffee in me.
    Sorry about that. Me bad!

Greg

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

What about stuck on carpeting or underpad Kurt? Ever use it for that?

The packaging says it can be used for tile removal, but I magine that must be for smallish/thin wall tiles only.

The only places I can the actually find Spyder blades here in Canada are for stupid prices compared to what you guys pay in the US. The individual Milwaukee ones I found at HD were like 12-14 dollars each.

In small areas where the pad is stuck to the floor they would be fine, but I would pass on a glue down carpet. There are better options for that.

It would probably work on VCT on floors but small areas only. I could see it working for wall tiles on drywall but not floor tile set with thinset.

The three packs of Spyder blades are a special sale that comes up a couple times a year. I buy 3 or 4 packs each time I find them, otherwise they are around 10 bucks each.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    Doobie

Aruguably a tool, I just received my first ever issue of FHB. Already just looking at the articles outlined on its cover on leakproof showers, fireplace building, and a buyers guide to exterior doors, I’m already happy I subscribed.

Haven’t had a subscription to any build type mags in probably over ten years now. I mostly subscribed to get at its online content, which I haven’t even started to explore yet.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Picked up my first 72” level today. Seems like a good one and it worked great for the little deck I’m building 🙂

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Picked up my first 72” level today. Seems like a good one and it worked great for the little deck I’m building

Looks like a nice level. Enjoy

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

yesterday I did a small pad job by myself. installing the wall angle for the pads without someone to hold one end is a PITA. My festool Wings came in handy.

I used my new Bosch cordless vac to provide the suction. It was kind of a Bosch day as I was using my Bosch laser to level in the pads in addition to my Cordless rotary hammer with integral dust collection and the IDH182 impact to install the tapcons.

Picked up my first 72” level today. Seems like a good one and it worked great for the little deck I’m building 🙂

Congratulations Charlie , did you buy it from HD
    That’s one size I still need to buy also.

yesterday I did a small pad job by myself. installing the wall angle for the pads without someone to hold one end is a PITA. My festool Wings came in handy.

I used my new Bosch cordless vac to provide the suction. It was kind of a Bosch day as I was using my Bosch laser to level in the pads in addition to my Cordless rotary hammer with integral dust collection and the IDH182 impact to install the tapcons.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Festool wings” width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/_8Y3-EaU5mI?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Nice Kurt , what amp batteries did you use for the vac.
    How are you liking the rotary hammer , it’s still on my long list.
    I’m not sure if I will buy the new bulldog , or save up for the one that you are using.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Aruguably a tool, I just received my first ever issue of FHB. Already just looking at the articles outlined on its cover on leakproof showers, fireplace building, and a buyers guide to exterior doors, I’m already happy I subscribed.

Haven’t had a subscription to any build type mags in probably over ten years now. I mostly subscribed to get at its online content, which I haven’t even started to explore yet.

I thought about subscribing to this magazine too. I thought about just grabbing a magazine from a store to see how I liked.
    I just got my FWW magazine today after resubscribe when the Father’s Day deal came out.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Will We Ever Have to Stop Buying Replacement Fasteners?

https://toolguyd.com/will-we-ever-have-to-stop-buying-replacement-fasteners/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Will We Ever Have to Stop Buying Replacement Fasteners?

https://toolguyd.com/will-we-ever-have-to-stop-buying-replacement-fasteners/

I guess I’m extremely lucky , I have access to plenty of different types of hardware /gaskets ,/ plumbing fittings , electrical parts , tool parts , plus numerous different types of rubber and metal extrusions

I have a few friends that also have 3d printers.
    Now if only I knew someone who could print up some $$$$$ 🤣😂

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I got it from a Builders Alliance when I was picking up decking material the other day. $85 after tax, so not too bad for that size.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

I thought about subscribing to this magazine too. I thought about just grabbing a magazine from a store to see how I liked.
    I just got my FWW magazine today after resubscribe when the Father’s Day deal came out.

Have you used the online access yet? I’m confused by what I have access to, still need to figure that out.

I got it from a Builders Alliance when I was picking up decking material the other day. $85 after tax, so not too bad for that size.

Thanks Charlie , yeah not to bad.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Have you used the online access yet? I’m confused by what I have access to, still need to figure that out.

No I haven’t used the online access yet. I am sure if I have with my subscription. I will have too look into more.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 706 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.733 seconds