dcsimg

V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 664 total)
  • Author
    hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Just ordered the Bosch 18v blower. A tool vendor had a Bosch sale for 15% off so I got it at a good price. I was going to use points but at that price and free shipping it was a done deal. Now what am I am going to use my points for?

Congrats. When will you see it?

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I was at Grizzley’s customer appreciation sale today and picked up five new Starlock compatible OMT blades for under $15. If they work well they’ll be a much better option for OMT blades. Typically I haven’t seen a price better than $7/ blade.

I buy my blades from a chinese website and with shipping I end up paying around $1.50CAD for each blade.

Doobie

I was at Grizzley’s customer appreciation sale today and picked up five new Starlock compatible OMT blades for under $15. If they work well they’ll be a much better option for OMT blades. Typically I haven’t seen a price better than $7/ blade.

I buy my blades from a chinese website and with shipping I end up paying around $1.50CAD for each blade.

Do they last and how are they for blueing?

You have a link for them?

Congrats. When will you see it?

On its way. It should arrive Wednesday. I will post my impressions.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’d love to see that link too – I’ve only ever gotten the Bosch blades. Once I tried another brand but they just weren’t as good. I haven’t tried the newest ones I got yet, so maybe they’ll be good, but I’m not holding my breath that they’ll be better than the Bosch blades.

Charlie

Instagram

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

That’s the first time I have heard of the proprietary Starlock blades being available from third party sources besides Bosch and Fein.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Found some on ebay.

for example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Newone-Carbide-Technology-oscillating-multitool-saw-blades-fit-for-starlock/183537335272?hash=item2abbad7be8:m:mrL7xI7Y7_ny-aDnBcDTaUA

However I think these are the first gen Starlock compatible and not StarlockPlus or StarlockMax compatible.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That’s the first time I have heard of the proprietary Starlock blades being available from third party sources besides Bosch and Fein.

I know Imperial makes some too – but they’re about $10/ blade…and they don’t work as well in my experience. Even the Fein blades aren’t as good on the Bosch OMT as the Bosch blades.

Charlie

Instagram

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I know Imperial makes some too – but they’re about $10/ blade…and they don’t work as well in my experience. Even the Fein blades aren’t as good on the Bosch OMT as the Bosch blades.

I have considered switching to the Bosch cordless OMT but decided against doing so for several reasons, proprietary blades at higher price was one reason.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Do they last and how are they for blueing?

You have a link for them?

At that price I really don’t care about how long they last.
    One per day and I’m happy. But they last more than that.
    Here you have it

https://www.banggood.com/

Doobie

I have considered switching to the Bosch cordless OMT but decided against doing so for several reasons, proprietary blades at higher price was one reason.

But that Starlock is so nice. Click the blades and off in an instant.

Man, it’s come a long way from when I bought my first Fein MultiMaster nearly 20 years ago with the allen key screw on. I still have that kit that cost me stupid money back then, but I hated how sometimes the blades would come loose in the middle of a task. Drove me nuts at times.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

New Southwire Hand Tools

https://www.toolboxbuzz.com/hand-tools/new-southwire-hand-tools/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DeWALT Cordless 20V Polishers

Interesting although they look bigger than the ones from FLEX Tools

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Man, it’s come a long way from when I bought my first Fein MultiMaster nearly 20 years ago with the allen key screw on.

Was it around $500?

DeWALT Cordless 20V Polishers

Interesting although they look bigger than the ones from FLEX Tools

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”DeWALT Cordless 20V Polishers” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/s4uSkGv5qsE?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I eventually would like to get a cordless polisher , I find less cord’s the better ,
    They have come a long way , especially with the battery technology , now if only I could find the time to actually take care of my car LoL

Doobie

Man, it’s come a long way from when I bought my first Fein MultiMaster nearly 20 years ago with the allen key screw on.

Was it around $500?

It was normally around $450, but I bought it at a woodworking show in Toronto for $379 on ‘show special’ pricing. It has served me well though. Back then, spending that kind of money on a power hand tool was a pill. They had patent rights back then and there was a big job I needed it for. But my eyes really opened over time when I discovered how much of a time and frustration saver this tool was. OMTs are still in my top ten list of favorite tools to own.

I only have one 1/2″ shank router (Bosch 1617 EVS) so when I was doing some dovetailing with my Leigh jig, I wanted a a straight bit for one of my 1/4″ shank routers, keeping the dovetail but in the Bosch but the Leigh is only in an 8mm shank. So I bought this Freud 5/16″ straight bit with 1/4″ shank to using in my old Makita router with a collar that is near enough to the Leigh.

That’s the dillema. Why don’t the vast majority of NA sold routers offer 8mm collets, even as an add-on accessory? I try to stick with everything half inch or 8mm. Some of my routers are Festool, so I’m good for 8mm.

What’s the catch with 8 mm shank?
    All my 1/4″ bits are between 6.24mm and 6.27mm.
    I don’t have any 8mm.

The Leigh jig comes with 8mm shanks, I do have a 8mm collet for my Bosch 1617 1/2 router, but Europe offers 8mm collets for a lot of routers. I have seen 8mm collets for the Makita cordless “1/4” trim routers.

Will

I was cleaning up a bunch of old hardware that generations of people have painted over so I bought a wire wheel for one of my grinders.

Will

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I was cleaning up a bunch of old hardware that generations of people have painted over so I bought a wire wheel for one of my grinders.

Be careful of age old paint under newer paint if it may kick up lead dust.

Doobie

I only have one 1/2″ shank router (Bosch 1617 EVS) so when I was doing some dovetailing with my Leigh jig, I wanted a a straight bit for one of my 1/4″ shank routers, keeping the dovetail but in the Bosch but the Leigh is only in an 8mm shank. So I bought this Freud 5/16″ straight bit with 1/4″ shank to using in my old Makita router with a collar that is near enough to the Leigh.

That’s the dillema. Why don’t the vast majority of NA sold routers offer 8mm collets, even as an add-on accessory? I try to stick with everything half inch or 8mm. Some of my routers are Festool, so I’m good for 8mm.

What’s the catch with 8 mm shank?
    All my 1/4″ bits are between 6.24mm and 6.27mm.
    I don’t have any 8mm.

The Leigh jig comes with 8mm shanks, I do have a 8mm collet for my Bosch 1617 1/2 router, but Europe offers 8mm collets for a lot of routers. I have seen 8mm collets for the Makita cordless “1/4” trim routers.

Missed your question from earlier Sorin. Sorry.

Europe has 8mm as a standard. With Festool a lot of their stuff is made or designed around 8 mm bits. But ever since LV became a Festool dealer here in Canada, which wasn’t long after Festool stopped offering most of their 8mm router bits for sale in NA, LV’s own line of router bits are now mostly all available in 8mm shafts as well.

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 664 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.712 seconds