dcsimg

V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 663 total)
  • Author
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Don’t know if anyone posted this before , I just saw this , looks like they are trying to get a 🥧 of the market , and from the video , they look okay , I’ve actually never used or seen them yet

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Lowes Kobalt 24V First Look – New Tools for 2020″ width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ji8u_2yX9N8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I thought Kobalt was being phased out for craftsman at Lowe’s?

Doobie

Don’t know if anyone posted this before , I just saw this , looks like they are trying to get a 🥧 of the market , and from the video , they look okay , I’ve actually never used or seen them yet

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Lowes Kobalt 24V First Look – New Tools for 2020″ width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ji8u_2yX9N8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Kobalt is the Lowes’ in-house brand.

Yeah that I knew , just never tried them , I imagine it’s gotta be similar to the Ryobi ? Not sure if anyone knows.

I don’t have any of their power tools, but I have bought the odd hand tool type things they make on clearance in the past. I have two stainless steel tape measures of theirs that I really like using for when there is water conditions around. Not as bright reading than your standard yellow tapes, but plenty good unless it’s in poor light conditions.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Lowes Kobalt 24V First Look – New Tools for 2020″ width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ji8u_2yX9N8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I didn’t know that , I hear good things about the kobalt ,
    Just not sure of the reliability long term or on a daily use
    I know that the top 4 brands are used regularly in the shop ,
    Lately the company has been putting in lots of$$$ in the Milwaukee , just because they have the 22 volt tools like that ratchet and other smaller tools that are practical for our needs.

Decades ago I liked my Craftsman 12 volt professional series
    Was great
    Nowadays I can’t comment about them

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

New Craftsman VersaStack Mechanics Tool Set

https://toolguyd.com/craftsman-versastack-mechanics-tool-set-cmmt99206/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

New Craftsman VersaStack Mechanics Tool Set

https://toolguyd.com/craftsman-versastack-mechanics-tool-set-cmmt99206/

Looks like a nice little set up ,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Lately the company has been putting in lots of$$$ in the Milwaukee , just because they have the 22 volt tools like that ratchet and other smaller tools that are practical for our needs.

Was great

My local Lowes have dedicated A LOT of space for Craftsman stuff, and Kobalt stuff have been moved to some back shelves. Not sure if it will go away, but I did noticed a lot of cheap clearance Kobalt tool batteries recently.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Was great

My local Lowes have dedicated A LOT of space for Craftsman stuff, and Kobalt stuff have been moved to some back shelves. Not sure if it will go away, but I did noticed a lot of cheap clearance Kobalt tool batteries recently.

Same thing here only the store is different: Reno Depot allotted a lot of space for Craftsman.

I only have one 1/2″ shank router (Bosch 1617 EVS) so when I was doing some dovetailing with my Leigh jig, I wanted a a straight bit for one of my 1/4″ shank routers, keeping the dovetail but in the Bosch but the Leigh is only in an 8mm shank. So I bought this Freud 5/16″ straight bit with 1/4″ shank to using in my old Makita router with a collar that is near enough to the Leigh.

Will

Doobie

I only have one 1/2″ shank router (Bosch 1617 EVS) so when I was doing some dovetailing with my Leigh jig, I wanted a a straight bit for one of my 1/4″ shank routers, keeping the dovetail but in the Bosch but the Leigh is only in an 8mm shank. So I bought this Freud 5/16″ straight bit with 1/4″ shank to using in my old Makita router with a collar that is near enough to the Leigh.

That’s the dillema. Why don’t the vast majority of NA sold routers offer 8mm collets, even as an add-on accessory? I try to stick with everything half inch or 8mm. Some of my routers are Festool, so I’m good for 8mm.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I was going through some boxes in a storage unit of my Grandparents stuff and found this. Barely used and still works.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I was going through some boxes in a storage unit of my Grandparents stuff and found this. Barely used and still works.

I guess it is yours now?
    It does look like hasn’t been used very much. It is one of those tools that is have when you need it.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

That’s the dillema. Why don’t the vast majority of NA sold routers offer 8mm collets, even as an add-on accessory? I try to stick with everything half inch or 8mm. Some of my routers are Festool, so I’m good for 8mm.

What’s the catch with 8 mm shank?
    All my 1/4″ bits are between 6.24mm and 6.27mm.
    I don’t have any 8mm.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I guess it is yours now?
    It does look like hasn’t been used very much. It is one of those tools that is have when you need it.

Absolutely. It’s also variable speed. My cordless doesn’t have that.

Oh nice. Congrats I’m sure it’s going to come in handy eventually.
    And it’s definitely sentimental value to the saw.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I don’t think that model is more than 10-12 years old.

Cool find! As long as it was kept dry, it should work. Personally, I so seldom use a recip saw. You have a reno project in mind?

I was cleaning up some old hardware for a new project and ended up buying a wire wheel for the bench grinder.

Will

I was cleaning up some old hardware for a new project and ended up buying a wire wheel for the bench grinder.

A brass one too. I have one on my bench grinder and I use it enough to make it worth while. I chose brass because it is a softer metal.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

There was some Kobalt stuff and some big honkin’ hold downs in the clearance area at a Lowes I spent a few hours in late today.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I don’t think that model is more than 10-12 years old.

I have 2 blades that were never used that say skil on them. I’m happy with it.

Cool find! As long as it was kept dry, it should work. Personally, I so seldom use a recip saw. You have a reno project in mind?

Not at this time, but it’s nice to have this handy in case I have to have one to use.

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 663 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.106 seconds