dcsimg

V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 735 total)
  • Author
    CB
    Pro

From time to time I have repurposed a drywall cutout tool as a die grinder… including the Makita spiral cutting cut out tool, which has a 1/8″ collet not unlike a Dremel.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

From time to time I have repurposed a drywall cutout tool as a die grinder… including the Makita spiral cutting cut out tool, which has a 1/8″ collet not unlike a Dremel.

Good idea, thank you.

Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Not a super exciting day for purchases but I couldn’t walk out of HD and Lowe’s without some new circula and reciprocating saw blades.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

An online guy I know put this one out. The tool isn’t his but he thought it was pretty neat. I do too.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Milwaukee Force Logic Pro Press Tool | IN ACTION | EVERY PLUMBER NEEDS THIS TOOL !!” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/xw7B55vXh5A?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

We had plumbers come into the plant and do some work. They installed the same type of fittings. I have been wondering how they did that.
    Now I know.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

2.2-Cup Built-In Fully Automatic Stainless Steel Drip Coffee Maker with Built-In Grinder

…for $3299.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-2-2-Cup-Built-In-Fully-Automatic-Stainless-Steel-Drip-Coffee-Maker-with-Built-In-Grinder-BCM8450UC/304820642?irgwc=1&cm_mmc=afl-ir-10451-483420-&clickid=QI73joQLnxyJULGwUx0Mo3YyUklX%3AtQdRTVa080

I got confused when first reading it. I thought Bosch came out with an 18v coffee maker (like Makita’s) and it has an x-lock grinder inside of it LOL.

CB
    Pro

An online guy I know put this one out. The tool isn’t his but he thought it was pretty neat. I do too.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Milwaukee Force Logic Pro Press Tool | IN ACTION | EVERY PLUMBER NEEDS THIS TOOL !!” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/xw7B55vXh5A?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

We had plumbers come into the plant and do some work. They installed the same type of fittings. I have been wondering how they did that.
    Now I know.

Milwaukee nudged their way up to the top of every newer, younger plumber that I’ve ever met within the last 5 or 6 years… due to Milwaukee’s electro hydraulic offerings in PEX and in ProPress (as seen above) crimping tools.

But Milwaukee wasn’t the first. Ridgid (not the Ridgid brand that Techtronic Industries licenses, but the real Ridgid from yesteryear, that eventually became owned by Textron, and now Emerson) was likely one of the earliest players in battery operated propress crimpers, and those earlier versions were powered by Makita batteries.

Greenlee (search “Gator” sub-brand), also owned by Textron and now Emerson, still uses Makita batteries for their propress crimpers, and for those on the other side of the pond, the Klauke brand of propress crimp tools uses Makita batteries as well.

A number of other battery operated electro hydraulic press tools and cutter manufacturers/brands include, but might not be limited to:

Rothenberger
    Burundy
    Eclipse
    Zupper
    Sede
    Huanyu

All of the foregoing brands of hydraulic propress crimpers use the Makita battery system.

Ridgid has since moved on to first their own proprietary battery system, and then most recently adopted the TTI Ridgid brand’s 12V handle battery.

Dewalt offers a crimper in their 20V portfolio of tools as well… so there are other choices of colors to achieve this power assisted, close quarters capability.

And, there is still the all manual bolt cutter style of crimper… but these can be awkward to use in most residential plumbing retrofits and repairs. New construction before the rock is up is much easier.

I was surprised to discover the number of manufactures of these types of tools who use Makita batteries, and still find it somewhat ironic that Makita has yet to offer this tool under their own branding.

I still solder, but if I had to get a ProPress tool, it would most likely be Greenlee, with Klauke as a second choice.

Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

2.2-Cup Built-In Fully Automatic Stainless Steel Drip Coffee Maker with Built-In Grinder

…for $3299.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-2-2-Cup-Built-In-Fully-Automatic-Stainless-Steel-Drip-Coffee-Maker-with-Built-In-Grinder-BCM8450UC/304820642?irgwc=1&cm_mmc=afl-ir-10451-483420-&clickid=QI73joQLnxyJULGwUx0Mo3YyUklX%3AtQdRTVa080

I got confused when first reading it. I thought Bosch came out with an 18v coffee maker (like Makita’s) and it has an x-lock grinder inside of it LOL.

For that price I’ll take 2 of those machines , can I control it with my drone 🤣😂🤣😂

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Milwaukee Force Logic Pro Press Tool | IN ACTION | EVERY PLUMBER NEEDS THIS TOOL !!” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/xw7B55vXh5A?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Now I know.

Milwaukee nudged their way up to the top of every newer, younger plumber that I’ve ever met within the last 5 or 6 years… due to Milwaukee’s electro hydraulic offerings in PEX and in ProPress (as seen above) crimping tools.

But Milwaukee wasn’t the first. Ridgid (not the Ridgid brand that Techtronic Industries licenses, but the real Ridgid from yesteryear, that eventually became owned by Textron, and now Emerson) was likely one of the earliest players in battery operated propress crimpers, and those earlier versions were powered by Makita batteries.

Greenlee (search “Gator” sub-brand), also owned by Textron and now Emerson, still uses Makita batteries for their propress crimpers, and for those on the other side of the pond, the Klauke brand of propress crimp tools uses Makita batteries as well.

A number of other battery operated electro hydraulic press tools and cutter manufacturers/brands include, but might not be limited to:

Rothenberger
    Burundy
    Eclipse
    Zupper
    Sede
    Huanyu

All of the foregoing brands of hydraulic propress crimpers use the Makita battery system.

Ridgid has since moved on to first their own proprietary battery system, and then most recently adopted the TTI Ridgid brand’s 12V handle battery.

Dewalt offers a crimper in their 20V portfolio of tools as well… so there are other choices of colors to achieve this power assisted, close quarters capability.

And, there is still the all manual bolt cutter style of crimper… but these can be awkward to use in most residential plumbing retrofits and repairs. New construction before the rock is up is much easier.

I was surprised to discover the number of manufactures of these types of tools who use Makita batteries, and still find it somewhat ironic that Makita has yet to offer this tool under their own branding.

I still solder, but if I had to get a ProPress tool, it would most likely be Greenlee, with Klauke as a second choice.

I did not know this. Interesting information. Thanks for sharing.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Milwaukee’s electro hydraulic offerings in PEX and in ProPress (as seen above) crimping tools.

Those different size jaws are crazy expensive.

I have not used ProPress. I guess I am old school and still prefer soldering or brazing.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Bought some Milwaukee bits from HD because I heard only good things about them and the price was good: $1 per bit.

Attachments:

Bought some Milwaukee bits from HD because I heard only good things about them and the price was good: $1 per bit.

Congrats , I prefer those longer bits as apposed to the 1 inch ones. I might have to try to get out to HD later today

Just came back from HD didn’t end up buying them , I thought it would have been a different selection , I have plenty of the Bosch impact bits already.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have those shock wave bits. Honestly I do not find them better in any way but I like the box so I have many other bits in that box where you can tilt out the bits for removal.

Mostly I use star bits.

Picked up a Freud 1/4″ round over bit today from HD. Put my order in at the big A for a Woodpeckers Drill Press table Kit 2. Looking forward to the added dimension it will give my drill press.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Nice! Good price.

Greg

Doobie

Congrats , I prefer those longer bits as apposed to the 1 inch ones. I might have to try to get out to HD later today

Just came back from HD didn’t end up buying them , I thought it would have been a different selection , I have plenty of the Bosch impact bits already.

I mostly buy Bosch or Wera bits. Milwaukees didn’t impress me.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is one of those ideas that makes you go Why didn’t i think of that.

Empire Unveils New Extendable eXT Levels

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/hand/measuring-levels/empire-ext-extendable-levels/48936/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=makita_cordless_miter_saw_bulks_up_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2019-09-02

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

EGO Peak Power Self-Propelled Lawn Mower Outperforms Gas Engines

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/outdoor-equipment/ego-peak-power-self-propelled-lawn-mower-review/48329/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=makita_cordless_miter_saw_bulks_up_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2019-09-02

I’m liking my Ego 21 inch also , i can get almost 3 regular maintenance (weekly) cuts per charge on the 5.0 amp battery and it’s not self propelled , I am definitely impressed with the Ego mower.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 735 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.477 seconds