dcsimg

V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

This topic contains 522 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 13 hours, 50 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 523 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hey @dirtywhiteboy This one has broken.

Thanks RonW,, Here it is,, post em up you new tool pics and let us know what you about them…

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I picked up this DeWalt 735x planer recently. Got a stand build for it. Still need some casters just haven’t been to town to get them. For now I can use a dolly under the extra 4×4 in the middle.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Saw these at Lowes today.

bi-metal hole saw bits from Bosch. Marked down to $12.

I didn’t get it, I have a set of MADE IN USA MILWAUKEE hole saws that’s probably 30 years old that works really well. But I like the space saving design of these.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Picked up a new shop vac today to collect dust from my table saw when I’m working inside (like for this current job).

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I picked up this DeWalt 735x planer recently. Got a stand build for it. Still need some casters just haven’t been to town to get them. For now I can use a dolly under the extra 4×4 in the middle.

That’s a nice stand – and good idea for how to move it around too! Congrats on the new planer!

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I picked up this DeWalt 735x planer recently

Ron congrats on your new planer, Enjoy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Congrats Ron , nice job with the stand

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That will be a good addition to the shop; give you a lot more flexibility in buying lumber.

The Dewalt stand is a nice one but overpriced IMO. I like yours better.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Picked up a new shop vac today to collect dust from my table saw when I’m working inside (like for this current job).

Nice Charlie. That’s a Craftsman right. I’m on my phone , what is the size. How do you like it , and how noisy is it comparison to the original shop vac model. Are you using bags?

That is an awesome planer Ron. I upgraded mine with a Shellix helical cutter head assembly and absolutely love to use it. Noise went way down and the results are next to perfect. I was happy before but highly recommend the upgrade some day.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

That is an awesome planer Ron. I upgraded mine with a Shellix helical cutter head assembly and absolutely love to use it. Noise went way down and the results are next to perfect. I was happy before but highly recommend the upgrade some day.

That is in the near future. I have seen posts from many happy users.
    Did you go with the undersized head in yours Lon? Not sure how much difference the size makes in performance, but looks like installing the smaller one would be a little faster.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Did you go with the undersized head in yours Lon? Not sure how much difference the size makes in performance, but looks like installing the smaller one would be a little faster.

I also have the 735. I really like it and use it a fair bit. I do really need to look at the helical head . I know there is a thread on it here somewhere, but what do you recommend Lon.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Congrats on your planer Ron. That planer stand is a nice touch.

I also have the 735. I really like it and use it a fair bit. I do really need to look at the helical head . I know there is a thread on it here somewhere, but what do you recommend Lon.

There is a few You Tube videos about people installing a helical head in there Dewalt 735 planers.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Nice Charlie. That’s a Craftsman right. I’m on my phone , what is the size. How do you like it , and how noisy is it comparison to the original shop vac model. Are you using bags?

It’s a Shop Vac brand and it’s fairly loud, but it works 🙂 And I’m just using it for interior clean up with my table saw so the noise isn’t a problem. I am using bags since I don’t want to have to mess with the filter and I figure I can charge a bag to the job no problem.

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I picked up a couple more things today – I finally jumped on the bandwagon and got myself a Kref pocket hole jig for some pocket holes I’ll be drilling here for my display shelves, and then I picked up a metal cutting blade for some metal roofing I need to cut for some inside sheeting.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Best 12 Volt Cordless Impact Driver 2019

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here’s a neat one

Isometric Graph Paper

https://toolguyd.com/isometric-graph-paper/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I picked up a couple more things today – I finally jumped on the bandwagon and got myself a Kref pocket hole jig for some pocket holes I’ll be drilling here for my display shelves, and then I picked up a metal cutting blade for some metal roofing I need to cut for some inside sheeting.

Congrats Charlie , that’s something I want to pick up also is a kreg jig kit.
    Will you be using the blade in the Bosch saw. To bad you don’t have the metal saw from Bosch , it’s actually on the list. I was thinking about it eventually.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Best 12 Volt Cordless Impact Driver 2019

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Best 12 Volt Impact Driver – Head To Head Test” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/m9EJewxX5Qk?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Good article , I can see why DeWalt and Makita faired well , I’ve tried the 18 volts here in the shop , and They definitely do have nice grip and powerful , that being said , the Bosch did pretty good for the battery it was using.
    I will definitely be adding the Bosch to my 12 volt line up.

Here’s a neat one

Isometric Graph Paper

https://toolguyd.com/isometric-graph-paper/

If you want graph paper of any sort, plus a whole bunch more. More than you will ever need, and have a printer, you can print your own.

https://www.printablepaper.net/

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 523 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.035 seconds