dcsimg

V-27 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Worked on some drainage piping today at work.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

finished up relocating 6 basketball hoop structures in a gym, three days so it went pretty well. The worst part was drilling holes with the mag drill 30 feet in the air on a push around man lift. Any movement made it move at least 6″. it was just swinging and swaying. glad to have that job done.

Whoa that sounds like a gnarly job. Glad it went well and you’re on to next one 👍🏻

We also got awarded another job to remove 2 old basketball structures and install of 2 new basketball structures from the same company and 2 more jobs to bid for them.

LBBuilders
    Pro
    VENTURA, CA

Oh man that’s always a bonus! Sounds like that company likes and appreciates your work. Always nice to keep doing jobs for the same companies that trust your work, drop materials/plans off and get the hell out of your way so you can do your thing…total win win for everybody.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Oh man that’s always a bonus! Sounds like that company likes and appreciates your work. Always nice to keep doing jobs for the same companies that trust your work, drop materials/plans off and get the hell out of your way so you can do your thing…total win win for everybody.

We have done about 10 or 15 installs for them and have at least another half dozen on the schedule. It is a nice addition to the home construction we do.

LBBuilders
    Pro
    VENTURA, CA

Right on: I don’t know about your area but here in Southern California it really seems like construction is booming! Like tons of people are wanting to put money into their houses. I specialize in finish work and doors but will do all general construction to lay the bills but lately I have been able to stick to finish. Sounds like things are reallly steady for you too

@kswiss great picture, what’s the height of the ceiling, is that in the parking / basement

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

On the weekend went to scope out a cottage that I plan to rent in August, through a friend of the family.
    Little did I know that I would end up helping her Son-In-Law rip out part of the
    old dock.
    With only a couple of crow bars and a $4 hammer, we took a good two to three hours ripping it apart.

If there was more time they wanted the rest of the dock gone also.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I went and did a small drywall repair this morning. Got that finished up and now I am back in the office getting ready to work on an estimate.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Hoping to split some landscaping blocks. Oh fun lol

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

@kswiss great picture, what’s the height of the ceiling, is that in the parking / basement

It’s a 15 foot ceiling, this is the main floor/commercial space in the building

It’s a 15 foot ceiling, this is the main floor/commercial space in the building

So you guys are working on some sort of scissors lift?
    Or just on step ladders

I was just playing with fire today, using the torches to heat chase the Cesium into the Gas cells.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Ended up with a short day due to the rain, still managed to finish up a bunch of odds and ends. Tomorrow if it’s cleared up we should be able to finish this one completely.

LBBuilders
    Pro
    VENTURA, CA

Holy smokes I had a heck of a day. Had to spend 5 hours under a house installing 2 lvl’s and one tji to support a huge beam that ran through the kitchen above me. The client had some gnarly settling issues going. Took care of it for them no problem!

Attachments:
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

More pictures of today’s work

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

payed a visit to the jobsite today as its only down the street, the boys are ready to lay hardwood. i was asked if i wanted to lay flooring maybe monday… i gotta do something as my disability has run out…

i was also asked by someone else if i would start working on cedar shingling a massive house he framed…. problem is my foot isnt strong enough to climb ladders or scaffold safely yet

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I went wrap up a 3×3 drywall patch and taped joint I did yesterday. I laid two heavy coats yesterday with hot mud.

Apparently it still had enough moisture to break my bond when I sanded and started to prime.

What a time killer to have it peel and bubble at this point all because I was rushing.

Maybe I need a great volume heat gun. Sucks

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

LBBuilders
    Pro
    VENTURA, CA

Man that looks killer, great work!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Worked on my deck job today…while trudging through the mud. I framed about 80% of the deck today and will hopefully finish tomorrow and get the handrail posts set as well.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Man that looks killer, great work!

Thanks I enjoy your work as well

Doobie

Worked on my deck job today…while trudging through the mud. I framed about 80% of the deck today and will hopefully finish tomorrow and get the handrail posts set as well.

Ya shoulda wore your booties Jon! 👢

What were you thinkin?

😉

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-27 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.861 seconds