dcsimg

V-27 What did you do in the shop site today

• This topic has 1,001 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by RonW.
Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    KeeganC
    Pro
    Bloomington, IN

I started a deck job today…did all of the demo before noon! Tomorrow morning, I will set up a few string lines and mark pier locations and dig the holes.

Nice work Jon, way to hustle! Looks like rain is pretty well guaranteed tomorrow though, might want to make a plan B.

I’ve been working on a deck the last two days myself. It surrounds a pool and connects to the house, the pool isn’t close to parallel with the house unfortunately. The deck has a couple of levels so the upper one has an s curve to conceal the difference.

I needed to rip a bunch of thin strips so I built a jig for it using a router bit bearing, a magnet switch I use on several jigs, a scrap of ply and a mitre slot slider. It worked really well and I can disassemble it any time.

Will

Clev08
    Pro

Lots of baseboard today, which meant lots of coping and mitering today. Also cleaned up a bit and cased some doors.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Painted/stained a porch today.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Attachments:
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I finished up some 8″ vinyl siding with drop in backer board around the sliding door I installed.

Inside my floor guys sanded and prepped the hardwood floors for stain.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Doobie

I needed to rip a bunch of thin strips so I built a jig for it using a router bit bearing, a magnet switch I use on several jigs, a scrap of ply and a mitre slot slider. It worked really well and I can disassemble it any time.

Neat jig. Took me a while to figure out what it was doing, but I get it now. Thanks for sharing!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I hand dug holes and poured concrete piers for my deck job….man do I hate digging! Thankfully, the fun part starts tomorrow!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

LBBuilders
    Pro
    VENTURA, CA

A bunch more demo on this house Reno I started. Then I got home and got to unwind by hanging and getting a coat of stain on my gate door I built. Looks like you’re going to have a fun day tomorrow Jon!

Attachments:
    Doobie

I hand dug holes and poured concrete piers for my deck job….man do I hate digging! Thankfully, the fun part starts tomorrow!

Nasty fun. How deep do you have to go where you are?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Painted/stained a porch today.

Wow Ron that came out really nice. Looks very nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Can’t seem to kick this sick bug I got. Just couldn’t make myself go in today. Felt a little better this afternoon and pressure washed my deck then did the neighbors .
    Bought 2 gal of sealer for the deck . It had $10 a gal rebate and dummy me can’t find the receipt now!

That bug still not going away,
    Could it be allergy related?
    I’m starting to take allergy control pills
    Have had a cough for a while, my doctor said try this for a few days, he’s thinking it could be that

@RonW
    that came out looking nice Ron,

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Good little jig, Will. My favourite things; simple and effective.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Thanks man. I made my own custom scribe with a compass and a mechanical pencil. So I transferred my detail to my piece. I went over my mark wth a razor so I didn’t chip or splinter my detail. I then snuck up on it with my Bosch cordless jig saw. And finished the detail with my Bosch grinder with a sanding disc on it.

Good system. Came out really nicely!

LBBuilders
    Pro
    VENTURA, CA

Thank you. Yeah years ago when my buddy showed me the sanding disc on his grinder my mind was blown. And that’s one of my go to tricks for a lot of things. Especially scribing my base to the floor if the floor is really uneven.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

I finished up some box gutters and K-style too.
    Material is ready for new metal fascia board, some parapet caps during the afternoon.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Today was a gardening day. Some new flower beds were needed so I took advantage of the cooler weather and spent a few hours digging.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Today was day two of a kitchen remodel. So far it’s been demo and reframing. We took down some walls, put up some walls, added a window.

LBBuilders
    Pro
    VENTURA, CA

Demo demo and more demo…house remodel is going pretty good. Then I had to cut out of there early and help my buddy with his windows from the 50’s. Had to cut through all the layers of paint and pry them open. Then since they had swelled pretty bad I had to take my door planer to them and then re-mortise in my hinges to get them swinging again. Once the painters are done I will apply a peel and stick style smoke seal to give them a little more weather proofing. Since the house was on the beach it made a kind of a pain job a lot less painful!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

finished up relocating 6 basketball hoop structures in a gym, three days so it went pretty well. The worst part was drilling holes with the mag drill 30 feet in the air on a push around man lift. Any movement made it move at least 6″. it was just swinging and swaying. glad to have that job done.

LBBuilders
    Pro
    VENTURA, CA

finished up relocating 6 basketball hoop structures in a gym, three days so it went pretty well. The worst part was drilling holes with the mag drill 30 feet in the air on a push around man lift. Any movement made it move at least 6″. it was just swinging and swaying. glad to have that job done.

Whoa that sounds like a gnarly job. Glad it went well and you’re on to next one 👍🏻

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-27 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.622 seconds