dcsimg

V-27 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author

You are getting there Jeff. Almost to the finish line. Good luck with the job and the healing tendon.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Can say I’m finished with this one. Got the remaining windows painted this afternoon. Ready to do some building.

Attachments:

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RyanF
    Pro

I put my new Fuji Q4 to work yesterday. I sprayed some primer then BM Advance on one of the two bookshelves I’m working on. Weather permitting, I’ll finish up today.

@jponto07

What tip size, and how much did you thin?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I put my new Fuji Q4 to work yesterday. I sprayed some primer then BM Advance on one of the two bookshelves I’m working on. Weather permitting, I’ll finish up today.

jponto07

@ryanf

I started with the 1.8 tip and quickly switched to the 1.3…too much paint flowing IMHO. I thinned the paint about 20% if I recall.

From what I could tell, its probably better to over thin than keep the paint too thick. If its too thin, you will need more coats, but if its too thick you’ll get orange peel issues and splatter, etc.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

jponto07

@ryanf

I started with the 1.8 tip and quickly switched to the 1.3…too much paint flowing IMHO. I thinned the paint about 20% if I recall.

From what I could tell, its probably better to over thin than keep the paint too thick. If its too thin, you will need more coats, but if its too thick you’ll get orange peel issues and splatter, etc.

I think that’s a wise decision/approach Jon.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

showed up at a new job this morning. found the septic tank in no time. cleared up the top soil and remove the lids for the septic pump truck.
    after that I demo’ed the tank and kept digging with the excavator towards the lateral. layed the pipe and install a back water valve. demo’ed the seapage pit and filled with sand. called in for inspection.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

CB
    Blocked

Got that corner of the shop almost done. I tell you, I have great respect for those guys who can lay down a schedule of screws in sheet goods without using guide lines. I miss sometimes. Not a perfect job, but it is acceptable.

They should call OSB something like DSB instead… Disorienting Strand Board. With chips running every which way but loose (unless the board is wet and delaminating), it is a lot easier to get lost lining up mid field than it is on grained or grooved panels.

As for linear alignment down a stud, I’ve missed my fair share with nails skirting the edge of the stud instead of being centered within it.

But as far as nail scheduling, it is easier to stay on schedule shooting from bottom to top, and lining up the idiosyncratic indentations the nail gun’s ammo rail with the nail previously shot, to precisely space the on center distance of the next nail to be shot when moving upward. Different dents in the nail rail denote different schedules, whether edge panel, shear panel, pony wall, portal wall, etc.

That all being said, I’ve been using an NR83 with an independent remote pressure regulator as well as a stand off collar on the claw for flush mount nail head depth control (my ancient NR83 is older than all the revisions in similar models made since that help control the trigger and depth), so the 21 degree nail rail has a lot of reference area for gauging nail placement.

However, I’ve been thinking about getting a 15 degree wire collated coil siding nailer, to eliminate the plastic litter in the planters and paint related concerns (the painters sure the heck aren’t about to knife off all the plastic collation “chad” trapped under the flush mounted nails). In fact, I’m shopping for one right now, if anyone has any recommendations. Currently considering the CN565s or the AN611.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You can always put more paint on but it is harder to fix orange peel and splatter. Thinner is better. If you can adjust your thinner (fast, medium or slow dry) you can get the paint to flow a bit longer and get a smoother finish.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

@58Chev haha yeah three years,
    Hopefully you put the door lock reversed so you can keep them locked inside lol
    Nice job on the temporary wall and door

@jkirk coming along Jeff,
    Take the time it needs to heel. Don’t want any relapse

@JimDaddyO looking good Jim, definitely going to brighten the shop up a little.

@RonW place looks good, you just painted out the window trim, or did you have to paint more of the siding.

Doobie

Got that corner of the shop almost done. I tell you, I have great respect for those guys who can lay down a schedule of screws in sheet goods without using guide lines. I miss sometimes. Not a perfect job, but it is acceptable.

They should call OSB something like DSB instead… Disorienting Strand Board. With chips running every which way but loose (unless the board is wet and delaminating), it is a lot easier to get lost lining up mid field than it is on grained or grooved panels.

As for linear alignment down a stud, I’ve missed my fair share with nails skirting the edge of the stud instead of being centered within it.

But as far as nail scheduling, it is easier to stay on schedule shooting from bottom to top, and lining up the idiosyncratic indentations the nail gun’s ammo rail with the nail previously shot, to precisely space the on center distance of the next nail to be shot when moving upward. Different dents in the nail rail denote different schedules, whether edge panel, shear panel, pony wall, portal wall, etc.

That all being said, I’ve been using an NR83 with an independent remote pressure regulator as well as a stand off collar on the claw for flush mount nail head depth control (my ancient NR83 is older than all the revisions in similar models made since that help control the trigger and depth), so the 21 degree nail rail has a lot of reference area for gauging nail placement.

However, I’ve been thinking about getting a 15 degree wire collated coil siding nailer, to eliminate the plastic litter in the planters and paint related concerns (the painters sure the heck aren’t about to knife off all the plastic collation “chad” trapped under the flush mounted nails). In fact, I’m shopping for one right now, if anyone has any recommendations. Currently considering the CN565s or the AN611.

He’s using screws.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I didn’t know that! Thanks for taking the time to explain.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

ronw place looks good, you just painted out the window trim, or did you have to paint more of the siding

Thanks Brian. I painted the trim work then trimed in the windows. I had just finished painting the home two weeks before the windows came in.

Ron

ronw place looks good, you just painted out the window trim, or did you have to paint more of the siding

Thanks Brian. I painted the trim work then trimed in the windows. I had just finished painting the home two weeks before the windows came in.

No problem, yeah yeah now I remember you painting that one, rain on an off I think.
    A neighbor had their house painted last year, the crew came in put up plastic and tarps all over, then sprayed the houses siding, came out really nice.

Amazing what paint can do.
    What’s next on the schedule.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

No problem, yeah yeah now I remember you painting that one, rain on an off I think.
    A neighbor had their house painted last year, the crew came in put up plastic and tarps all over, then sprayed the houses siding, came out really nice.

I’m heading to a buddy’s house to remove some windows and replace with sliding glass doors. Run some 6/3 wire for a hot tub. And what ever else his wife cam come up with. lol

Ron

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

It finally stopped raining long enough for me to do a little roof repair…The roof needs a lot more repair than what I did to it…the company that put the roof on 2 years ago only used 3/4″ nails on the shingles. I patched the area that shingles had blown off on (about a 10’x10′ area) then nailed down some really loose areas. I let the HO know that roof probably would not hold up after another good wind storm or two…They kind of knew – from what they said they started having issues with the roof the week after it was laid….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Got the second coat of paint on today. Tomorrow I start straightening up, moving things around and getting it organised again.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Heading to a buddy’s house next week to remove some big windows and replace them with sliding doors. Not sure how much fun it will be. But his wife is a great cook and they feed me well when working for them.

Ron

It finally stopped raining long enough for me to do a little roof repair…The roof needs a lot more repair than what I did to it…the company that put the roof on 2 years ago only used 3/4″ nails on the shingles. I patched the area that shingles had blown off on (about a 10’x10′ area) then nailed down some really loose areas. I let the HO know that roof probably would not hold up after another good wind storm or two…They kind of knew – from what they said they started having issues with the roof the week after it was laid….

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe class=”instagram-media instagram-media-rendered” id=”instagram-embed-0″ src=”https://www.instagram.com/p/BT_zPrfgUTj/embed/captioned/?cr=1&v=7#%7B%22ci%22%3A0%2C%22os%22%3A2348.5%7D&#8221; allowtransparency=”true” frameborder=”0″ height=”542″ data-instgrm-payload-id=”instagram-media-payload-0″ scrolling=”no” style=”background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border: 1px solid rgb(219, 219, 219); margin: 1px 1px 12px; max-width: 658px; width: calc(100% – 2px); border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; box-shadow: none; display: block; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” defer=”” src=”//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js”></script>
    </figure>

Man that poor homeowner . Was it reparable roofing company in town Chad that did the work . They really should no sell them that size just for this reason someone trying to buy cheap nails or just didn’t know what size to use

Always willing to learn .

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

drilled footings for an upcoming deck. 9 footings between 18″ diameter and 24″ diameter. The deck will be 16 x 24 with Azek decking and Westbury aluminum rails. All decking will be installed with concealed fasteners.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

running the loader for half a day, back filling two jobs which got signed off by the inspector.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-27 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.792 seconds