dcsimg

V-27 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I did a bunch of running around today and then I finished rebuilding my birdhouse wagon .I added foam filled tires so no more flats and I scraped the wagon down and give it a coat of Tremclad paint .

Also had to extend and replace the axels to fit the new tires .

That should roll much better John! Nice job. Next you will probably be buying a semi-truck to haul the big bird houses.

I did a bunch of running around today and then I finished rebuilding my birdhouse wagon .I added foam filled tires so no more flats and I scraped the wagon down and give it a coat of Tremclad paint .

You sure spruced that up John! How long a distance does it go? With the size houses you have been building, I would expect a semi-trailer is next. 🙂

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Here’s a picture of today’s install

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Well. It took me all day to do the next 4 feet or so on the end wall. I had to move some of my temporary wiring, make some nailing ledges so everything lines up, insulated, vapour barrier and used up some left over OSB to get over the doors done. It is ready for paint tomorrow though. I even vacuumed up afterwards. Most of the day I had some ribs going low and slow on the grill. They take about 5 hours after I put my own dry rub on them and they taste as good as they look.

Dinner looks good. I am sure you earned today after all that hard work.

Well no shop time yet this busy week for me. Seems like there is some sort flu bug going around. My one daughter had it. My wife has got now. We see what tomorrow brings. As I was hoping for a shop day tomorrow after work.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

that’s some serious plumbing you do there Kyle @kswiss
    do you build/install those based on some plans? if yes, how do those plans look like?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Here’s what the blueprints look like for that section of the parkade

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Got the last window in today and started paint. Hope to finish up tomorrow.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

You sure spruced that up John! How long a distance does it go? With the size houses you have been building, I would expect a semi-trailer is next. 🙂

I have a good size trailer for my truck behind my shop 12 x 8 ft but it is full of lumber .I also ordered another 10 ft trailer but it is just for around my yard like this 6 ft trailer .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Here’s what the blueprints look like for that section of the parkade

thanks for posting that kyle. that definitely takes some experience and knowledge to read 😀 I can decipher a little bit tho haha

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Painting your favorite job. It can get tedious especially when it is all trim.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Painting your favorite job. It can get tedious especially when it is all trim.

Yea I’ll be happy when I’m finished with this one. But there is more to come in the next few weeks.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Still working on the temporary separation wall in the basement, hope to complete it tonight.

All tightly fitted and not one screw into any of the existing surroundings.

Better run some duck tape along the top and bottom, just in case someone decides to lean on the wall lol
    Just kidding, temporary, I guess Aaron didn’t tell you, he told me he was staying with you guys all year till they get their house all renovated, he said it’s gonna be at least till Christmas lol 😉

@boschmanbrian,
    The neighbours have started a pool, one of them has chosen 3 years. LOL

Anyways, the wall is done, the door is on. Can’t believe how cheap these hollow doors are made today. When I installed hollow doors 17 years ago, they at least had laminated wood for interior supports especially for the bottom. I had to shorten this door by an inch & a half. The bottom support is not even a medium density sawdust board. It still had to be glued back in though.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@JimDaddyO wow that looks great,
    Still not fair posting that up, now I’m starving

@cranbrook2 wow John that cart looks brand new great job.

@kswiss nice progress,
    Do you do the pressure testing of the pipes afterwards,

@jimdaddyo wow that looks great,

@kswiss nice progress,

They were great! Well worth the effort. Want the rub recipe? Oh, a charcoal grill is a must.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

@jimdaddyo wow that looks great,

@kswiss nice progress,

They were great! Well worth the effort. Want the rub recipe? Oh, a charcoal grill is a must.

Sure, unfortunately I only have a propane BBQ 🙁 I guess either in P M or the food thread?

RyanF
    Pro

A whole lot of sanding.

A whole lot of sanding.

Yeah but you have the right setup with the dustless collection and the build clean unit right on .

Kyle do you know what pressure that pipe is rated for .

Always willing to learn .

It finally got warm enough to put the first coat on the shop walls.

Attachments:

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Took off old window hardware all day.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i came out of the walking boot on tuesday though not completely.. the tendon is still very weak and can re rupture easily so depening on what im doing i wear the boot…

theres a neoprene type brace im supposed to be in however,,, the store directly in the hospital which sells them didnt have my size . they had to order it in they said one or two days to get it however its been a week… in the meantime i wear a athletic compression sock with a lower end brand brace.. i have to pay alot of attention where im stepping do the ankle being extremely weak still

other than that, i had a interview with IMP aerospace for a maintenance carpenter position.. its a full time spot with benefits out at the airport. dont get me wrong i love the finished product i can produce in high end renos and custom new homes however the industry is really really slow locally and there seems to be more and more competition . i wont know til next week where i stand with the interview not to mention when i can start working do to the leg

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-27 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.807 seconds