dcsimg

V-27 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am sheathing the walls with OSB so I can hang things on the wall anywhere I like.

That is a good idea. Wish I had done that years ago instead of using drywall.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Got that corner of the shop almost done. I tell you, I have great respect for those guys who can lay down a schedule of screws in sheet goods without using guide lines. I miss sometimes. Not a perfect job, but it is acceptable.

That is coming along very nicely, Jim. Your shop is going to be such a great place to work. Lots of light, river right outside.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Waiting for my hot work permit from security, then I can start using the torches
    More glass work today, install the Cesium capsule on the manifold system, and start another run

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Got that corner of the shop almost done. I tell you, I have great respect for those guys who can lay down a schedule of screws in sheet goods without using guide lines. I miss sometimes. Not a perfect job, but it is acceptable.

What r- value are you using in your shop ?

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Got to days off. We are waiting for the deed to the next house to start.
    Actually happy to have a couple days to do some things for myself.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Working on the water mains at the jobsite today. Yesterday we got off to a pretty good start, a couple hundred feet of pipe installed already. I’ll try to get some pictures up later today.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Still working on the temporary separation wall in the basement, hope to complete it tonight.

All tightly fitted and not one screw into any of the existing surroundings.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Still working on the temporary separation wall in the basement, hope to complete it tonight.

As long as it’s cat proof!

As long as it’s cat proof!

make it out of metal and electrify it

Unless you like cats (I say as someone who has had a few, and who loves his old fat arthritic cat)

2 x 4 studs for the walls, so R 14 with Roxul. Less than you would want for a house, but for my little shop it’s a huge improvement over nothing. Overhead, where I have more room I am putting in R 22.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

2 x 4 studs for the walls, so R 14 with Roxul. Less than you would want for a house, but for my little shop it’s a huge improvement over nothing. Overhead, where I have more room I am putting in R 22.

What do you have for heating? R14 isnt terrible. Better than my old 1950s house was built with

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Picture from work today, getting ready to run some more pipe

Better run some duck tape along the top and bottom, just in case someone decides to lean on the wall lol
    Just kidding, temporary, I guess Aaron didn’t tell you, he told me he was staying with you guys all year till they get their house all renovated, he said it’s gonna be at least till Christmas lol 😉

Well. It took me all day to do the next 4 feet or so on the end wall. I had to move some of my temporary wiring, make some nailing ledges so everything lines up, insulated, vapour barrier and used up some left over OSB to get over the doors done. It is ready for paint tomorrow though. I even vacuumed up afterwards. Most of the day I had some ribs going low and slow on the grill. They take about 5 hours after I put my own dry rub on them and they taste as good as they look.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

All the 90 year old windows in the house I am working on get taken out and restored. I had to catalog and tag them.

What do you have for heating? R14 isnt terrible. Better than my old 1950s house was built with

Right now I have a portable propane tank top heater for when I am in there. That means I have to have the windows cracked so I don’t die. I plan on putting in a small furnace of some sort in the future. That way all my paints and stains and such can stay out there all winter. I have not decided on what yet. Since it is a small space I don’t need a huge amount of BTU’s so I have thought a vented furnace from an RV/large trailer/5th wheel type of unit. I don’t know if they can be converted to NG. I have that available, so better than propane. When the time comes I will research it further. The only thing for sure is it won’t be electric heat. That would be too expensive here in Ontario. My first choice would be NG if I can find a unit small enough.

I am not sure what the BTU requirement would be. Say 240 sq ft area, about a 9′ ceiling, insulated as stated, and I hope to keep it at +10C in winters that could get to -20C or lower some days. Any HVAC guys have an estimate on size?

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I did a bunch of running around today and then I finished rebuilding my birdhouse wagon .I added foam filled tires so no more flats and I scraped the wagon down and give it a coat of Tremclad paint .

Also had to extend and replace the axels to fit the new tires .

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Well. It took me all day to do the next 4 feet or so on the end wall. I had to move some of my temporary wiring, make some nailing ledges so everything lines up, insulated, vapour barrier and used up some left over OSB to get over the doors done. It is ready for paint tomorrow though. I even vacuumed up afterwards. Most of the day I had some ribs going low and slow on the grill. They take about 5 hours after I put my own dry rub on them and they taste as good as they look.

Man, those ribs look good!

I did a bunch of running around today and then I finished rebuilding my birdhouse wagon .I added foam filled tires so no more flats and I scraped the wagon down and give it a coat of Tremclad paint .

Also had to extend and replace the axels to fit the new tires .

Is that just for moving the birdhouses around the property? Really nice work!

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Started another window replacement job today. The house was built in the 1940’s, still has the original Andersen casement windows.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Sorry about all the sideways pictures. The door we are not replacing, I just thought the door latch was cool! Works perfectly too, guess they made stuff better back then!

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-27 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.471 seconds