dcsimg

V-27 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@asevereid it machines real nice. The exposed core is no problem at all. It solid all the way through and not really different.

@boschmanbrian
    life span should be a lot longer than anybody here. Maintenance should just be a fresh coat of paint when it looks like it’s needed.

@jponto07
    it’s 120 a sheet

@doobie
    holes in the bottom for draining and a mesh sits in the very bottom. They are windo boxes so they will attach right to the building under the window. They are mostly screwed together. First I made a box all butt joints and screwed into the face. Then pocket screwed the styles and rails together and screwed them on from the inside of the box and when I did that it encapsulated the panels. Only some stainless brads in the miters and everything was glued well

@madman_us
    yes all pvc. And since it’s a potrolium product it basically ment I was making boxes out of dinosaurs

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

It was a low energy day for me today but I did manage to get started on fabricating a replacement leg for a broken daycare table. I had some ply wood pieces lying around so I decided to glue them all together and fashion a new leg. I wanted the layers to be oriented so that the bolts that pull the leg into the support under the table top would be perpendicular to them, so I cut them all into 45* trapezoid, layered them up and now they’re all in clamps. Tomorrow I’ll trim them to their final size and shape, fill any gaps, and paint them to match.

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Nothing spectacular today – stripped some shingles off around a chimney so I can re-flash it.

Man that’s always fun. Hopefully no rot below the shingles. I did one about a month ago. What a mess that was.

Luckily no rot below the shingles. It hasn’t been leaking long – the chimney never leaked until they had their roof replaced about a month ago…the roofer they used never returned their calls about the leak…so we took care of it.

Its always those first and last flashings around dormers and chimneys where a lazy effort results in leaks. I dont know about you but we have been getting pounded by rain a few days a week on a regular basis. Roof leaks are good, fast money.

@austin
    I love the flower boxes, nice work. Im wondering if you had any melting turning those panel bits with a router?

Also all pocket screws or other backing for nailers?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Remove the pump heating jacket today,
    I need to have an extra person here today for safety reasons, when I do the filling up the pumps with liquid nitrogen, it reduces the oxygen. Could be dangerous and need a security guard to watch the oxygen sensors, and in case I passed out, he can drag my but out of the room lol

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

It is going to be a nice day today so ill be working outside all day on my birdhouse . Tools are all out and ready to go 🙂

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

at the moment im keeping a close watch on the house across the street… its directly next door and close proximety to the house i use to own with my brother.. he still owns it…

the thing is that house is being torn down with a excavator, the contractor didnt bother cutting the roof off first just simply started ripping into it.. im a litle concerned sections of the house may collapse and fall into my brothers place

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

It was a low energy day for me today but I did manage to get started on fabricating a replacement leg for a broken daycare table. I had some ply wood pieces lying around so I decided to glue them all together and fashion a new leg. I wanted the layers to be oriented so that the bolts that pull the leg into the support under the table top would be perpendicular to them, so I cut them all into 45* trapezoid, layered them up and now they’re all in clamps. Tomorrow I’ll trim them to their final size and shape, fill any gaps, and paint them to match.

Its always an interesting challenge to repair stuff, if you want your repair/replacement to not be obvious. I look forward to pics of the end result

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Just doing my morning reading, so I have not made it out yet. Looks like a nice day so I am planning on giving the car a clay bar treatment and wax job. That will take all day. I do have a picture frame to build and a lamp to wire up for the wife. I knocked the picture off the wall in the dark. The frame broke but the glass didn’t.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Nailing off plywood sheeting in and out of the rain we have been getting last few days . Sun hasn’t been out in for ever .

Always willing to learn .

Attachments:

More picture frames, matting, glass and framing, this time I included some pictures of the matting & glass cutter.

Will

at the moment im keeping a close watch on the house across the street… its directly next door and close proximety to the house i use to own with my brother.. he still owns it…

the thing is that house is being torn down with a excavator, the contractor didnt bother cutting the roof off first just simply started ripping into it.. im a litle concerned sections of the house may collapse and fall into my brothers place

So Jeff was there any mess up with the demo by excavator hitting next door homes. .

Always willing to learn .

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Well….it took 4 or 5 hours, but the car got done. Washed, clay bar, waxed, most of the vinyl/plastic/rubber done. I am bushed. I expect I will be the cause of the next rain because of it.

Gotta keep it up, it’s 10 years old and is the “shop truck”. Starting to show signs of it’s age though. I wish I could afford a new paint job on it.

Well….it took 4 or 5 hours, but the car got done. Washed, clay bar, waxed, most of the vinyl/plastic/rubber done. I am bushed. I expect I will be the cause of the next rain because of it.

Gotta keep it up, it’s 10 years old and is the “shop truck”. Starting to show signs of it’s age though. I wish I could afford a new paint job on it.

Do you polish/compound after the bar?

I also find good results with a black glaze, like Poorboy’s Black Hole, under the wax/sealer. Without a seal, it will just wash off of course

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am down to the roof and railings and then its done 🙂 Then on to the next house maybe .

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Do you polish/compound after the bar?

I also find good results with a black glaze, like Poorboy’s Black Hole, under the wax/sealer. Without a seal, it will just wash off of course

No, just wax it, seems to work fine.

Hangman
    Pro

Last couple of days I worked aboard the U.S.S. Intrepid. Was real fun loading gear on and off with the winch!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Last couple of days I worked aboard the U.S.S. Intrepid. Was real fun loading gear on and off with the winch!

It surely looks like a fun location to work. I can see lots of rust on that boat.
    Let me guess you uploaded the pictures via your phone? In most cases they appear sideways.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

So Jeff was there any mess up with the demo by excavator hitting next door homes. .

everything looks ok,, they even braced teh fence. there were super duty trucks hauling dump trailers coming and going non stop all morning.. the house was pretty much gone by 2pm, i think the old rotten garage was even taken down at the back of the lot

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I did some grout and put the saddle in

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Had to rip the top off of my outside workbench. Water had damaged the plywood and now I will replace it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-27 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.016 seconds