dcsimg

V-27.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author

Anybody bought the half price Bosch Core 4.0Ah batteries off eBay? They come in the clamshell package. Are they legit or knockoffs?

I haven’t bought anything off E Bay for a few years. I just bought two of them from a usual supplier. No issue for me.

Do they look like the typical Bosch batteries. Do you have a link to the batteries

Doobie

Anybody bought the half price Bosch Core 4.0Ah batteries off eBay? They come in the clamshell package. Are they legit or knockoffs?

I bought a pair a couple years ago with charger for 129. Someone else on the forum had also. I have not had any issues with them, they seem legit.

But who knows now. EBay stuff scares me somewhat.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I have a bunch of Bosch LED lights with the popular FL12 leading the pack. Bosch makes great LED lights. It appears they have come out with a new one, at least it is new to me. I received an email from Bosch today about the
    GLI18V-1200CN. See this link: https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/new-products-gli18v-1200cn-199133-p/?campaign_source=newsletter&campaign_medium=email&campaign_id=20190723GLI18V1200CN&spMailingID=59988619&spUserID=Mzg4Mjg1NDI1NzAS1&spJobID=1683139226&spReportId=MTY4MzEzOTIyNgS2

It sells for $99 on a popular internet retailer.

I too have a few Bosch lights and the FL12 is my favorite. This new light looks a good light. I like the bluetooth feature on it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I buy stuff from ebay quite frequently. It depends on the sellers. Many ebay sellers are also on Amazon markets. Often time it’s the same seller will list the same item on ebay slightly lower than Amazon.

But I am not sure about tool batteries, as ebay’s “NEW”, “NEW WITH TAG”, “NEW WITHOUT TAG”, “NEW OTHER” can be a bit vague. So I would be careful. Not sure if there is a real good way to tell apart a genuine new battery vs something someone obtained in a pallet of liquidated store RTV items. Does it come with the manufacturer’s warranty? Sometimes a manufacturer will only do warranty service on stuff bought from authorized retailers.

For example, Ridgid power tools are sold at Home Depot exclusively. If you buy one off ebay, even if brand new never opened, I am not sure you can register it for their life time service agreement as I believe they are looking for a HD original receipt. Where Milwaukee you may get by with it as Milwaukee does not require registration at all they decide what’s under warranty based on the tool serial number & date so you may get warranty service even if it’s a hand me down.

Doobie

I have a bunch of Bosch LED lights with the popular FL12 leading the pack. Bosch makes great LED lights. It appears they have come out with a new one, at least it is new to me. I received an email from Bosch today about the
    GLI18V-1200CN. See this link: https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/new-products-gli18v-1200cn-199133-p/?campaign_source=newsletter&campaign_medium=email&campaign_id=20190723GLI18V1200CN&spMailingID=59988619&spUserID=Mzg4Mjg1NDI1NzAS1&spJobID=1683139226&spReportId=MTY4MzEzOTIyNgS2

It sells for $99 on a popular internet retailer.

I too have a few Bosch lights and the FL12 is my favorite. This new light looks a good light. I like the bluetooth feature on it.

More importantly, finally offering an IP64 rated light. I see one retailer taking what are likely pre-orders at $129 CAD.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I buy stuff from ebay quite frequently. It depends on the sellers. Many ebay sellers are also on Amazon markets. Often time it’s the same seller will list the same item on ebay slightly lower than Amazon.

But I am not sure about tool batteries, as ebay’s “NEW”, “NEW WITH TAG”, “NEW WITHOUT TAG”, “NEW OTHER” can be a bit vague. So I would be careful. Not sure if there is a real good way to tell apart a genuine new battery vs something someone obtained in a pallet of liquidated store RTV items. Does it come with the manufacturer’s warranty? Sometimes a manufacturer will only do warranty service on stuff bought from authorized retailers.

For example, Ridgid power tools are sold at Home Depot exclusively. If you buy one off ebay, even if brand new never opened, I am not sure you can register it for their life time service agreement as I believe they are looking for a HD original receipt. Where Milwaukee you may get by with it as Milwaukee does not require registration at all they decide what’s under warranty based on the tool serial number & date so you may get warranty service even if it’s a hand me down.

The warranty issue is a good point, but I don’t know that it holds up for Bosch batteries. I’ve never been able to register mine regardless of how I got them, so I don’t think it would matter too much if you got it off EBay or not. I’m not 100% sure on that, and I’ve never had to call in a warranty defect for a battery before so I could definitely be wrong.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Klein LED Cap Visor Light Review (if you wear a ball cap on the job)

https://homefixated.com/klein-led-cap-visor-light-review/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dremel Multi-Max MM50 – The Tool for All Occasions

https://homefixated.com/dremel-multi-max-mm50/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I bought a Wera 074710 2.5 – 11.5 in-lbs Adjustable Torque Screwdriver (think a torque wrench but a screwdriver) It was on sale yesterday and I just had to have it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I bought a Wera 074710 2.5 – 11.5 in-lbs Adjustable Torque Screwdriver (think a torque wrench but a screwdriver) It was on sale yesterday and I just had to have it.

Congrats , I didn’t know that they made one , how big or should I say small is it.
    Should be handy for you

Doobie

Just wondering how it compares to other OMTs. Dremels are not typically powerful tools.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Klein LED Cap Visor Light Review (if you wear a ball cap on the job)

https://homefixated.com/klein-led-cap-visor-light-review/

That looks like a nice light. I have for got about these cap lights. I used a head lamp some times. I am really not a big fan of them. As I do wear a cap all the time. I might have to try this.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I still have the first generation multimax from Dremel from years ago. Haven’t touched it for a long time.

Interesting that they have a hands free blade change mechanism that is not Starlock. Since Dremel is owned by Bosch it would seem logical to have some synergy in their tool design. If Dremel is doing a tool free blade change design seems Bosch would say hey look at this Starlock standards we have instead of hey go make your own LOL. It would be an interesting conversation to listen to, if this conversation ever happened.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The warranty issue is a good point, but I don’t know that it holds up for Bosch batteries. I’ve never been able to register mine regardless of how I got them, so I don’t think it would matter too much if you got it off EBay or not. I’m not 100% sure on that, and I’ve never had to call in a warranty defect for a battery before so I could definitely be wrong.

I don’t know about batteries, but a few months ago I called in to Bosch because I suspected the cordless grinder was defective due to shorter then expected battery life on multiple core 6.3ah batteries.

I called in and mentioned I already have registered the tool in preventing, yet the lady on the phone wanted the tool model and date code over the phone. She also asked for the purchase receipt so I emailed her my Lowe’s receipt. Others have reported smoother process. So I don’t know, seems a hit n miss depending on who picks up the phone.

Doobie

I called in and mentioned I already have registered the tool in preventing, yet the lady on the phone wanted the tool model and date code over the phone. She also asked for the purchase receipt so I emailed her my Lowe’s receipt. Others have reported smoother process. So I don’t know, seems a hit n miss depending on who picks up the phone

I think they changed their procedures from sometime maybe last fall. For years, I was never being asked for a receipt when registering Bosch tools I bought but now, the last few tools I’ve tried registering since maybe last fall or winter, I have to scan the person on the phone with whom I’m dealing with my receipt.

I asked the person not that long ago as to why is it I’ve registered dozens of tools over the years and never had to do that why I suddenly I had to do this all the time now, and was told they changed their procedures. Whether that’s in fact true, I can’t say for sure, but that’s what has been my experience of late calling in to register my tools although on two other occasions, I was told it was because the manufacturing date was too old that forced me to send in a receipt. I dunno, could be for both reasons now. The first number of the serial number denotes the year of manufacture, in my case the two tools in question were made in 2013 and 2015.

Can’t recall if I’ve encountered this when trying to register a BTP redemption though. I don’t think I did when I went to register my cordless SDS Plus drill earlier this year, but it was made a lot more recently in 2018.

I’m about to receive a table saw BTP redemption soon. Let’s see how that goes.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Kevin,

I didn’t have any problem when registering tools on Provantage. I did it online. I had to answer a few questions, model number, serial number date code, and who I bought it from, data of purchase etc…

But once it’s on Provantage, in my case it was registered in January 2019. I called them in May 2019 for warranty service. They asked for the receipt then, not when I registered, when I called for warranty service. Took me a while to find the receipt.

Kevin,

I didn’t have any problem when registering tools on Provantage. I did it online. I had to answer a few questions, model number, serial number date code, and who I bought it from, data of purchase etc…

But once it’s on Provantage, in my case it was registered in January 2019. I called them in May 2019 for warranty service. They asked for the receipt then, not when I registered, when I called for warranty service. Took me a while to find the receipt.

Same here , lately I’ve been registering all my tools on line
    I don’t think you can do separate batteries though ?

Doobie

Kevin,

Not entirely sure if you can’t register batteries, but I have a whole bunch of batteries on mine with out-of-warranty dates, but have never registered a battery. I assume they are all from kits I registered historically over the phone with them.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Yes and no. I think it depends on what you choose when you registered.

It seems Bosch has MANY MANY models of the same tool but different packaging. When I won the Freak I couldn’t find the exact tool that matched the kit I received. I found one kit combination with a drill driver and battery and charger and registered it and with that kit there was a “battery management option” where I can put in a battery. But when I bought the cordless grinder it was a bare tool and that’s all I registered, the extra battery I bought was not registered.

I did call the Provantage department once and asked about it, and I was told what I did was fine, and the extra battery would be under warranty if I ever need it.

It seems to me the verification of purchase is done at the time of warranty service requests, which kind of means the data you entered into Provantage is not really used except for your own book keeping. Which is counter intuitive to me because I thought the verification is done when you register your tools, once done, you can throw the receipt away.

Yes and no. I think it depends on what you choose when you registered.

It seems Bosch has MANY MANY models of the same tool but different packaging. When I won the Freak I couldn’t find the exact tool that matched the kit I received. I found one kit combination with a drill driver and battery and charger and registered it and with that kit there was a “battery management option” where I can put in a battery. But when I bought the cordless grinder it was a bare tool and that’s all I registered, the extra battery I bought was not registered.

I did call the Provantage department once and asked about it, and I was told what I did was fine, and the extra battery would be under warranty if I ever need it.

It seems to me the verification of purchase is done at the time of warranty service requests, which kind of means the data you entered into Provantage is not really used except for your own book keeping. Which is counter intuitive to me because I thought the verification is done when you register your tools, once done, you can throw the receipt away.

Yes and no for batteries , I don’t think I’ve seen that option.

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,013 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.061 seconds