dcsimg

V-27.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,013 total)
  • Author

I got this in the mail today. I had done a survey tor Tapcon a while back with one of their engineers. I got a $200 gift card for doing it. Last week, I was notified that I had been selected from their survey participants to receive a goody box of their products. An additional bonus.

That’s a nice little haul Kurt
    Congrats on the gift card and accessories

Doobie

How else are they to know you didn’t like it?

Here they know by how well it sells. I could go on and on this as one that has always been in the tipping industry but I just deleted it instead.

No need. Let’s just leave it alone. 🙂

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I got this in the mail today. I had done a survey tor Tapcon a while back with one of their engineers. I got a $200 gift card for doing it. Last week, I was notified that I had been selected from their survey participants to receive a goody box of their products. An additional bonus.

Nice Kurt, but Tapcon really needs to improve their SDS+ drill bits.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

If you have a Fry’s Electronics near by, you might be interested to know that the Bosch GWS18V-45 angle grinder is on sale for $51.99. No shipping only local pick up.

https://www.frys.com/product/9620733?site=sr%3ASEARCH%3AMAIN_RSLT_PG&clickid=0XdQ79wzAxyJT3J08T289QkFUkl0YvylRTVa080

If Fry’s makes a profit selling this at $52, I wonder what their cost is…$40? So how much does it cost Bosch to make it…$28?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

If you have a Fry’s Electronics near by, you might be interested to know that the Bosch GWS18V-45 angle grinder is on sale for $51.99. No shipping only local pick up.

https://www.frys.com/product/9620733?site=sr%3ASEARCH%3AMAIN_RSLT_PG&clickid=0XdQ79wzAxyJT3J08T289QkFUkl0YvylRTVa080

If Fry’s makes a profit selling this at $52, I wonder what their cost is…$40? So how much does it cost Bosch to make it…$28?

No my guess is a LOT less. The most expensive thing about that tool is the import tariffs.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

That is a nice price. Probably unloading them to make room for those new ones with the easy disc locking mechanisms.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Power Tool Manufacturers and Who Really Owns Them

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hot Deal: Stabila 4pc Level Set Promo

https://toolguyd.com/stabila-4pc-level-set-promo-032019/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Some cool new products for post frame builders and steel roofers

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It will be interesting to try them out. I remember you saying that their Bits were significantly inferior to Bosch and the life was significantly less that Bosch also. It will be interesting to see what our experience with them will be.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

They are also clearing out the CORE 6.3ah battery with a charger for $49.99 but all sold out.

https://www.frys.com/product/9633013

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

If Fry’s makes a profit selling this at $52, I wonder what their cost is…$40? <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>So how much does it cost Bosch to make it…$28?

No my guess is a LOT less. The most expensive thing about that tool is the import tariffs.

Could be. HF sells a drill I think at $19.99 so it makes you wonder what their cost is. I bet the batteries are especially cheap to make regardless of brands.

They are also clearing out the CORE 6.3ah battery with a charger for $49.99 but all sold out.

Damn that is a good price ,
    Even for the grinder
    Guess they must be trying to make room for the new line of batteries and grinders +++ other new Bosch coming out this year

Doobie

It will be interesting to try them out. I remember you saying that their Bits were significantly inferior to Bosch and the life was significantly less that Bosch also. It will be interesting to see what our experience with them will be.

I’ve also found the Bosch bits better than even individually bought Tapcon bits.

I wonder who really makes the Tapcon drill bits. I doubt it’s Tapcon themselves.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Even for the grinder
    Guess they must be trying to make room for the new line of batteries and grinders +++ other new Bosch coming out this year

Could be but not necessarily. Fry’s electronics go on these sales all the time I think they had the same offering back around black Friday 2018. Even Lowe’s had the grinder down to $99 over the holidays and then they had a 20% off Bosch tool day so I think I got my grinder for under $80.

Too bad they don’t ship I might get a spare one at that price.

I will only switch to xlock grinders when and if a good cutting shroud is available for it.

Even for the grinder

Could be but not necessarily. Fry’s electronics go on these sales all the time I think they had the same offering back around black Friday 2018. Even Lowe’s had the grinder down to $99 over the holidays and then they had a 20% off Bosch tool day so I think I got my grinder for under $80.

Too bad they don’t ship I might get a spare one at that price.

I will only switch to xlock grinders when and if a good cutting shroud is available for it.

Right about shipping I’d even think about a second one for that price 😬

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Tapcons has come a long way, For concrete I may still shoot in with my Hilti but on hollow cmu I screw. Just did a lot of 5/4 treated furring with glue and screws. Solid attachment!

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ordered some socket rails…and what is the chance these socket rails happen to be 1/8″ longer than the TSTAK drawers I had planned on putting them in?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

these socket rails happen to be 1/8″ longer than the TSTAK drawers I had planned on putting them in?

Looks like you’ll need to make an adjustment.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,013 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.061 seconds