dcsimg

V-27.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

This topic contains 1,007 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

It will be interesting what the craftsman brand do to Lowe’s own in house tool brand kobalt. Seems a lot of the craftsman shelf space came at the expense of kobalt.

It Will also be interesting to see how much re-branding of other SBD tools get integrated into craftsman. I personally like to see more Dewalt stuff in craftsman logo. The TSTAK cases are good examples

I suggest SBD and Sears settle their disputes.

I award Sears to use:

Craftsman, the original home of Craftsman, the tools your grandfather used and trusted.

I award SBD to use:

Craftsman, the new home of craftsman, re-engineered and re-imagined, leveraging technology your grandfather is too old to appreciate.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well ,, big sale at the local WoodCraft store today.. I really dislike that store and don’t think I’ll get anything. They ask your name at every sale and it is in their computer. If you need to return a never used tool and don’t have your receipt no can. They will tell you the computer record is for their use if you need warranty work. I have a new Makita screwgun coming in the mail because the one I bought at WoodCrap was the wrong one. I will now have 2 of them.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie
    Pro

Well ,, big sale at the local WoodCraft store today.. I really dislike that store and don’t think I’ll get anything. They ask your name at every sale and it is in their computer. If you need to return a never used tool and don’t have your receipt no can. They will tell you the computer record is for their use if you need warranty work.

Costco does that and I also think it’s unfair they just can’t look up what we paid for something.

Princess Auto or Lee Valley do allow to see what we paid and get properly refunded. HD and Lowes are somewhat similar if you use a credit card, they pull the info. Better is having a Pro card. I already have a Lowes card and just last week I was prompted by HD to get their Pro Card now too. Seems they’ve relaxed the Pro Card eligibility rules recently to compete with Lowes in that regard.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DeWALT Bluetooth LED Light

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

DeWALT Bluetooth LED Light

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bvc9UWdwpQQ?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I looks like a nice light. I like the bluetooth feature. I am just wondering is it a feature someone would use all the time. But I am sure it would be nice to have as feature.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Well ,, big sale at the local WoodCraft store today.. I really dislike that store and don’t think I’ll get anything. They ask your name at every sale and it is in their computer. If you need to return a never used tool and don’t have your receipt no can. They will tell you the computer record is for their use if you need warranty work.

Costco does that and I also think it’s unfair they just can’t look up what we paid for something.

Princess Auto or Lee Valley do allow to see what we paid and get properly refunded. HD and Lowes are somewhat similar if you use a credit card, they pull the info. Better is having a Pro card. I already have a Lowes card and just last week I was prompted by HD to get their Pro Card now too. Seems they’ve relaxed the Pro Card eligibility rules recently to compete with Lowes in that regard.

I’ve never had an issue returning anything at Costco – their policy here at least is to always take things back and they will look up a transaction for you based off your member number.

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I’ve never had an issue returning anything at Costco – their policy here at least is to always take things back and they will look up a transaction for you based off your member number.

Same here never had any issues , I actually think they are one of the better places to bring items back
    Even without the original packaging.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Our Costco here’s the same way they just asked for your Costco card and bang,,💥,, give you your money💵 back. No questions asked 🤐

Dirty

Doobie
    Pro

Same here never had any issues , I actually think they are one of the better places to bring items back

Our Costco here’s the same way they just asked for your Costco card and bang,,💥,, give you your money💵 back. No questions asked 🤐

That’s different from the ones around me I’ve gone to for almost 3 decades now. If you don’t have a receipt, they will only give you the last price it was sold at or a price that was reflective of it being on special for some period in the past.

Not long ago, I was bringing back almost the entire contents of some food item we had bought but didn’t like but for which the expiry/best before date had passed. In the past, I never had a problem doing this with bringing back at least 50% of what was left on an item. Now they are telling me if it is about to expire I need to call the store prior to the expiry date if I can’t bring it in before it expires, tell them what the item is along with my membership ID number and they will ‘note’ my account so that I can return it. Load of BS if you ask me.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My new Gecko siding clamps came today – I got them for siding the shed this week.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s different from the ones around me I’ve gone to for almost 3 decades now. If you don’t have a receipt, they will only give you the last price it was sold at or a price that was reflective of it being on special for some period in the past.

Not long ago, I was bringing back almost the entire contents of some food item we had bought but didn’t like but for which the expiry/best before date had passed. In the past, I never had a problem doing this with bringing back at least 50% of what was left on an item. Now they are telling me if it is about to expire I need to call the store prior to the expiry date if I can’t bring it in before it expires, tell them what the item is along with my membership ID number and they will ‘note’ my account so that I can return it. Load of BS if you ask me.

wait a minute,,,,🤔 you are trying to return food that you have opened. That is unheard of who does that kind of thing???🤯🧐.when that kind of thing happens in our household and we don’t like the food we bought we simply throw it away. We then learn that we don’t like that food and we don’t buy it anymore 😀

Dirty

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

.when that kind of thing happens in our household and we don’t like the food we bought we simply throw it away. We then learn that we don’t like that food and we don’t buy it anymore

Our dog would get first crack at it, or depending on what it is it may just go into the compost for my garden. Like you, we simply won’t buy it again…. lesson learned

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

wait a minute,,,,🤔 you are trying to return food that you have opened. That is unheard of who does that kind of thing???🤯🧐.when that kind of thing happens in our household and we don’t like the food we bought we simply throw it away. We then learn that we don’t like that food and we don’t buy it anymore 😀

Our Trader Joe’s will take back for you didn’t like – they are all about letting you try things in the store too! They’ve encouraged us in the past to ask if they can open boxed foods for us to try, mostly if it’s something new (cookies, snack foods, etc) but they are really easy going about it. And they’ll take back or refund you for just about anything if you ask them to. We once had some dog food from there that our little poodle just wouldn’t even look at, and we told them about it (didn’t even bring it back, just mentioned it!) and they offered to refund us!

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie
    Pro

wait a minute,,,, you are trying to return food that you have opened. That is unheard of who does that kind of thing???.when that kind of thing happens in our household and we don’t like the food we bought we simply throw it away. We then learn that we don’t like that food and we don’t buy it anymore

Costco actually wants you to return food you didn’t like rather than toss them in the garbage yourself. How else are they to know you didn’t like it? With what is very limited selection in any single food type, they just simply don’t know for sure if you just don’t re-buy it again as they may otherwise assume you are just buying it elsewhere in a non army sized container that they typically would only offer it in at Costco.

They also clearly indicate that in every store with a big huge placard that if you don’t like what you’ve bought, you can just get your money refunded. So why not?

I have no qualms in doing this with Costco especially also because they charge an annual membership fee unlike other food stores. I hardly would ever return food at a normal grocery store unless I bought something that I opened long before an expiry date and it was clearly already bad once opened, typically this occasionally happens with something from the ‘fresh’ packaged meats section. Having worked in a grocery store when I was younger, you should see the things they will do with meats that have gone old to try and resell them under cover of being ‘pre-marinated’ typically amongst other tricks they do so they don’t toss things themselves in the garbage. Why should I pay for bad food? But for regular foods bought in traditional grocery stores we simply ‘don’t like’, yes, we just toss them in the garbage like everyone else.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

How else are they to know you didn’t like it?

Here they know by how well it sells. I could go on and on this as one that has always been in the tipping industry but I just deleted it instead.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here they know by how well it sells.

That seems obvious to me. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I bought a new live center for the lathe that I can’t even use until the new belt arrives.

Will

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I got this in the mail today. I had done a survey tor Tapcon a while back with one of their engineers. I got a $200 gift card for doing it. Last week, I was notified that I had been selected from their survey participants to receive a goody box of their products. An additional bonus.

Attachments:

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I got this in the mail today. I had done a survey tor Tapcon a while back with one of their engineers. I got a $200 gift card for doing it. Last week, I was notified that I had been selected from their survey participants to receive a goody box of their products. An additional bonus.

Man Kurt you did well.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Congrats on the GC and the goodies. That’s a nice selection for sure.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,008 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.981 seconds