dcsimg

V-26 What did you do in the shop site today

This topic contains 1,007 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Lets see what your doing on the job site or in the shop.
    Pics are a big plus.
    Here is a link to the old one. https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-25-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I am setting out to finish another wine rack, this one for my adult step daughter, however since she lives across the country I am redesigning it to be a flat pack style since it will likely have to fit in a suitcase. I have decided to try and use some recessed Chicago brass bolts for the side stretchers (from LeeValley http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p=40051&cat=3,41306,41311 ) . Also does anyone have an opinion on the stain that will contrast best with the birdseye center panel (see picture).

I also have included a picture of my original one for comparison / context.

Will

William, I just made 4 pieces of furniture out of birds eye. Love the look and you have some beautiful wood there. We experimented with stain and found that the darker you go the subtle birds eye turns into a dark brown spot. We settled on a light brown – a dark honey look and we are very pleased. A lighter gold colored stain looks good too.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Going over to my friends place to get a bit more work done on the bathroom renovations. Should have everything wrapped up this week sometime.

I am about to head out to check 2 new jobs, after that buying material for the monday job so I don’t have to do it early in the morning.
    less people on sunday at the hardware store than monday morning.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Here’s the project I have on the go now..

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of enthusiasm.
    ...... Winston Churchill

@smallerstick
    You might forgot to upload your pictures/video. There’s nothing to see 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Nothing special, just clearing out some junk in the garage, and will pick up slightly wood to try and make a little desk for our daughter just so she can play school at home lol

Put a coat of soft wax on the inside of the tool cabinet I am building. Then I started measuring it up and trying to figure out what I have to buy for wood. Then I realised that I have a bunch of PT fence boards that I got for free. I didn’t start sawing them up. They are older boards and I didn’t feel like breathing in a bunch of wood dust treated with copper arsenic.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Nothing but shoveling snow today. Did the walk/driveway twice so far, got about 8 to 10″ so far.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Was back at the river working on a float house. Got all the siding on it today. Sure glad this one is finished for now. New owners want a deck added to it at a later date. Not sure how much fun that will be. lol

Ron

Did some milling of some thin walnut and thin box elder pieces I had today in preparation for making some boxes for and with the grandson. Also sorted and cut some scrap pieces to make cheese cutting boards (Woodcraft has a kit with the metal parts). Spent the rest of the day driving home from the cabin.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Other than shovelling snow, I took the day off to rest. Busy week coming up.

Kevin.

Support your local VIKING.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Was back at the river working on a float house. Got all the siding on it today. Sure glad this one is finished for now. New owners want a deck added to it at a latter date. Not sure how much fun that will be. lol

Oh man the float house again. Nice they keep giving you repeat work. Deck sounds nice could be a nice 2 week project.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I’m actually jelous of your lack of projects lol I’d be thrilled to have a week of nothing!

Clev08
    Pro

Hung up a left over rod from my inlaws new curtains I. The laundry room so they can somethings up to dry rather than draping them over baskets.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I’m actually jelous of your lack of projects lol I’d be thrilled to have a week of nothing!

It was a very busy day lol.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of enthusiasm.
    ...... Winston Churchill

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

man today was all about shovelling snow, we just got dumped on. I ended up helping dig someone out of the snowbank they drove in to. After we got them out of it, they were still skidding like no tomorrow, realized they were running all seasons and it just couldn’t handle it. when will people learn that when there is snow, you have to have snow tires if you want to drive out on the road.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Was back at the river working on a float house. Got all the siding on it today. Sure glad this one is finished for now. New owners want a deck added to it at a later date. Not sure how much fun that will be. lol

Oh man the float house again. Nice they keep giving you repeat work. Deck sounds nice could be a nice 2 week project.

It’s is nice to have the work Bill. Just not as much fun working off boats and floats as it sounds. lol

Ron

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Okay so not going to be changing our bottles in the glass blowing room, to much snow outside right now, will just be prepping and cleaning some stuff here today.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,009 total)

The topic ‘V-26 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.868 seconds