dcsimg

V-26.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

This topic contains 1,003 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

These look really handy

New Woodpeckers Edge Rule for Woodworkers

https://toolguyd.com/woodpeckers-edge-rule-for-woodworkers/

Looks like it’s going to very practical, and not to overly priced either.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

These look really handy

Thanks for the heads up on that, Bill.

Brian, you’re right, the price is not bad at all. I may have to look a bit closer at picking up 1 or 2 of those.

EDIT: Oops, not any time soon. Shipping begins at $40 for a $10 rule.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

DIT: Oops, not any time soon. Shipping begins at $40 for a $10 rule

That is an absurd charge for shipping. Is that common for tools shipping from the US to Canada?

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

That is an absurd charge for shipping. Is that common for tools shipping from the US to Canada?

Yes it is. Hardly makes it worth ordering.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

These look really handy

Thanks for the heads up on that, Bill.

Brian, you’re right, the price is not bad at all. I may have to look a bit closer at picking up 1 or 2 of those.

Yikes, yeah that really puts a damper on things. Oh well

Doobie
    Pro

Ultimate Tools out in B.C. carries Woodpecker stuff for those interested. They send me emails often about pre-ordering new releases of Woodpecker stuff. Can’t say I’m a fan of Woodpecker stuff though, but I’ve ordered plenty of stuff from Ultimate Tools over the last 10 years and they are good to deal with. They carry a lot of high end woodworker stuff.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Not just US to Canada, but generally US to US too. Occasionally I need to get a specialty PVC elbow for plumbing or a special junction box for electrical and the shipping is crazy. It may be an $0.99 elbow weighing 4 ounces and the shipping would be $19.99 for a 3 day UPS parcel post. Last year I ordered a special plaster finish pattern trowel. Online order $11.95 plus shipping $25 in three days, or I can drive 40 miles to a plaster supply house in Miami and get it for $16.95 but it’s a two hour when no traffic trip so heck, pay the shipping.

It appears to be consistently high for Woodpeckers, some other stores are pretty reasonable, I hope to see some changes with the new higher personal purchase limit in the new USMCA ( NAFTA replacement), but for now the cheapest method has been US Postal service – slower but consistently cheaper with effectively zero brokerage fees,

Will

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

But that free health care is very nice.
    I’ve just stopped looking at the WoodPeckers stuff. Just too pricey and there’s always a more affordable alternative.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

My PC orbital after 20 years needed an upgrade so bought another sander

It appears to be consistently high for Woodpeckers, some other stores are pretty reasonable, I hope to see some changes with the new higher personal purchase limit in the new USMCA ( NAFTA replacement), but for now the cheapest method has been US Postal service – slower but consistently cheaper with effectively zero brokerage fees,

Canada post is on rotating strikes starting tomorrow. I wouldn’t expect anything getting anywhere in the country too fast.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Nice to see you back crotalusco.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I’ll wait until it will be sold by Amazon and probably won’t pay the shipping if the value it’s over 35$ CAD.
    Shipping from US is crazy these days. I wanted to buy 3 blades for my 8″ jointer and I’ve been quoted 44$ with USPS. And that was the cheapest. The blades were 24$. I bought them from UK, same price for the blades and around 11$ for shipping.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

It seems to be all too common with shipments from the US to Canada. I avoid UPS like the plague; they are well known for adding a “brokerage” charge on delivery at the door, usually 40 or 50 bucks.

Many retailers who use UPS list this charge when you place an order. I wanted a part for a Shop Fox mortiser. The part was a couple of bucks but the UPS charge was close to 60. Ebay, with their Global Shipping Program with Pitney Bowes is just about as bad. I can’t recall the last time I bought anything there.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is a nice cordless sander

Dewalt XR 20-Volt Random Oscillating Sander DCW210B Review

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice new tool from Klein

https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/high-leverage-side-cutters/hybrid-pliers

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That’s a solid, dependable little sander there. Nice and smooth too.

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Congrats Daniel, I have that one and really like it,
    20 years, to bad you couldn’t have gotten more years out of it 🤣😂
    I think you got you’re money’s worth.

Doobie
    Pro

Canada post is on rotating strikes starting tomorrow. I wouldn’t expect anything getting anywhere in the country too fast.

They started rotating strikes a week ago. We already had two days here where they were on strike in the GTA last week.

Remember the postal strikes in the 80s? Those were ugly. Glad they haven’t been near as militant since then.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

They started rotating strikes a week ago. We already had two days here where they were on strike in the GTA last week.

Remember the postal strikes in the 80s? Those were ugly. Glad they haven’t been near as militant since then.

Why are they striking??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,004 total)

The topic ‘V-26.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.961 seconds