dcsimg

V-26.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

This topic contains 228 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  wbembrid 3 hours, 52 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 229 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

New Toolaholic thread,, post em up your pics of newest and latest tools.
    Here’s the old thread,,,
    https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-25-0-toolaholic-public-announcement-page/page/51/

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Picked up some Festool Wings the other day. They should come in handy holding the clips on the walls that we use when installing wall pads. It should almost save one person on the install crew. I would have never known about them if not for an older post on this site.

Attachments:

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Picked up some Festool Wings the other day. They should come in handy holding the clips on the walls that we use when installing wall pads. It should almost save one person on the install crew. I would have never known about them if not for an older post on this site.

Congrats Kurt, just curious to know how that works, don’t think I have seen those before, and not quite sure how they work.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I’ve pondered getting some of those. Let us know how you like em.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I picked up some of the new Diablo sanding mesh pads. I was really impressed too. I’ve only used one, brand new piece so far, but it left such a nice finish at just 120.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I picked up some of the new Diablo sanding mesh pads

I keep meaning to try those but just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I picked up some of the new Diablo sanding mesh pads. I was really impressed too. I’ve only used one, brand new piece so far, but it left such a nice finish at just 120.

How do they work for the dust collector, did you see a difference
    Congrats

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I will be trying those, too, just as soon as I use up my supply of paper backed discs.

The Bosch discs get very good marks in some of the reviews I have seen from Europe. Much more resistant to ripping than some others.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Congrats

I find the holes don’t line up very well with my sander.

Dirty

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Glad to her you like them. Never really paid attention to seeing that type of sanding pads.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Congrats

I have been using the Bosch original pads for my Ros something something lol but I think these are different, mesh I assume let’s more dust get threw to the canister/dust extractor

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

I hadn’t heard of Diablo SandNet, though there is an earlier thread about it.
    https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/diablo-sandnet-sandpaper-disks-abranet-killer/

Can’t find it anywhere in Canada.

I’ve used Abranet and like it.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Basically copying Mirka discs.

Congrats

I have been using the Bosch original pads for my Ros something something lol but I think these are different, mesh I assume let’s more dust get threw to the canister/dust extractor

And there’s less heat build up which is a big plus in some applications. I’ve moved all my sanding pads where posssible to Mirka style Abranet meshes. They’re just way better and I believe it saves time and money over paper backed pads.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Congrats

And there’s less heat build up which is a big plus in some applications. I’ve moved all my sanding pads where posssible to Mirka style Abranet meshes. They’re just way better and I believe it saves time and money over paper backed pads.

Do they come in different sizes, or do I need to cut them,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

5 Tools the ToolGuyd Can’t Wait to Get His Hands on (Fall 2018 Edition)

https://toolguyd.com/5-tools-i-cant-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-fall-2018-edition/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

5 Tools the ToolGuyd Can’t Wait to Get His Hands on (Fall 2018 Edition)

https://toolguyd.com/5-tools-i-cant-wait-to-get-my-hands-on-fall-2018-edition/

That craftsman thing there with all the big boys is just paid advertising.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Congrats

Do they come in different sizes, or do I need to cut them,

They have every size imaginable it seems.

Just junk that old sander Dirty. They’ll line-up just fine on any of the newer sanders out there now. Make sure also that you buy a right handed sander too. Righty sander disks are much more available out there in stores than for left handed sanders.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I have only used them once so far but it seemed to go really well. I haven’t ever used any high end sanding discs though, so I don’t know if just about anything might be a step up, lol. The main thing I noticed was that there weren’t any swirls in the surface and that’s a big difference in my mind.

@boschmanbrian I only saw 5” options at my hardware store, but that was fine since I wasn’t using them at home but at work on an old DeWalt ROS. The pack came with a specialty pad that connected the abrasive net to the sander that was a soft foam with perforated hole patterns so you could pop out the little holes where you wanted. It seemed to work just fine – the DeWalt has a pretty standard eight hole pattern.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I pick up a Miter saw stand at the WoodripoffCraft store.

Dirty

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I pick up a Miter saw stand at the <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>Woodripoff<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>Craft store.

It’s actually camouflaged in your truck lol
    Congrats looks like a nice a solid stand.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 2.681 seconds