dcsimg

V-25 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Picked up all the wire, electrical boxes, and panel, so that I can start installing the outlets in the new shop. There will be no shortage of outlets throughout, and I want to eliminate having to use extension cords at all, if possible.

I was able to get dual 240v -20A, as well as the usual 120v – 15A dual outlets.

Also picked up my VFD today, as I will be running my South Bend lathe with it. Gives me variable speed without losing torque, and allows me to run a 3 phase motor from single phase power.

Moving right along. My regret is not allowing for more 220v outlets. I have 4 right now and they are all in use. It just makes sense when you have 110/220 machines to run them on 220.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

As I was cleaning out the van yesterday i found a small plane that was all mucked up. I took apart and used some WD40 and a green scotch pad to clean it up and get everything moving again. man I haven’t seen that plane in years.

I love it when things like that show up. Doesn’t that make your day?

Yea,,,lol.. I sharpened the blade today, shap da buggah!

An ice storm here in Atlantic Canada derailed work for a bit, we have no power so I had to hook up the generator.

Will

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

I’m back in the shop almost every day – you folks at bethepro, my wife, and some ham radio buddies got me through the worst of it. If you have to ask ‘What?’, you can search my posts 🙂 .

I’ve been doing some stuff for some shooters recently. Just blocks to hold shells; nothing extravagant. Wooden (cedar) blocks, with 14 to 50 holes the size of the shell case, in a grid. They are used to either hold shells during reloading or while in competitive matches. Lots of work on the drill press, a little sanding, then finished with mineral oil. The holes are often nearly the size of my thumb so there’s more sawdust than product when I’m done. And yep, sometimes you get a blow-out, and start over.

I see a lot of new names here since I quit posting a year or so ago. Please let me welcome all of you, and let me tell you something. It doesn’t make any difference that the bethepro-ers are scattered out around the world with all the trades and you’ll probably never see them in person. There’s a bonding that happens here like no other. There was more concern expressed and help provided from these people I’ve never seen than from many of my long-time acquaintances. I can never say thank you enough to them.

It’s great to be back.

It’s great to be back.

Fantastic! Glad to see you back at it here and moving forward yourself. We missed you and I often wondered how you were doing.

Doobie

It’s great to be back.

Nice to see you back Phil. Really glad in fact. I’d been wondering at times about you and how you were making out. We hadn’t heard from you in so long.

🌞

Doobie

As I was cleaning out the van yesterday i found a small plane that was all mucked up. I took apart and used some WD40 and a green scotch pad to clean it up and get everything moving again. man I haven’t seen that plane in years.

I love it when things like that show up. Doesn’t that make your day?

Yea,,,lol.. I sharpened the blade today, shap da buggah!

Sharpening stuff is another weak link in the shop for me. What do you use for sharping Mr Dirty? I’m all ears! 😿

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Little fire job yesterday and today.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I’m back in the shop almost every day – you folks at bethepro, my wife, and some ham radio buddies got me through the worst of it. If you have to ask ‘What?’, you can search my posts 🙂 .

I’ve been doing some stuff for some shooters recently. Just blocks to hold shells; nothing extravagant. Wooden (cedar) blocks, with 14 to 50 holes the size of the shell case, in a grid. They are used to either hold shells during reloading or while in competitive matches. Lots of work on the drill press, a little sanding, then finished with mineral oil. The holes are often nearly the size of my thumb so there’s more sawdust than product when I’m done. And yep, sometimes you get a blow-out, and start over.

I see a lot of new names here since I quit posting a year or so ago. Please let me welcome all of you, and let me tell you something. It doesn’t make any difference that the bethepro-ers are scattered out around the world with all the trades and you’ll probably never see them in person. There’s a bonding that happens here like no other. There was more concern expressed and help provided from these people I’ve never seen than from many of my long-time acquaintances. I can never say thank you enough to them.

It’s great to be back.

@toolshead
    Welcome back!!

Got the majority of the stairs done today…pretty much all that is left if the handrail, spindles, and some small cove moulding.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Set some cabinets today, it was some cabinets from one of the cheaper cabinet companies that we used for the mudroom and because of some subpar quality it took a while to set them.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Tore off vinyl siding and windows, then replaced some damaged OSB, covered it all with Tyvec, installed new windows and some of the old siding back. Now the homeowner is considering replacing all the siding on the house. I hope he does, since we have to take most of the siding off anyway to replace the windows, and I hate putting old siding back on.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Framed and stood a bunch of exteriors today. Have a boom truck coming tomorrow to lift my gable walls and steel beam for the cathedral ceiling.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Started a small cabinet job today. Nice to be working in my shop for a change. Got the laundry room cabinets cut out and assembled. Have a couple book shelves to start on in the morning.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Attachments:
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Started a small cabinet job today. Nice to be working in <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>my shop for a change. Got the laundry room cabinets cut out and assembled. Have a couple book shelves to start on in the morning.

Looking good Ron! I’m actually hoping to start on a bookshelf tomorrow myself. If I can finish up the lacquer on a set of drawers and shelves for a pantry job, I’ll start cutting the box for the bookshelf.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Was doing some dirty demo work today. The weather was co-operative and the rain held off, so was able to get the majority of the debris into the bin.

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’m back in the shop almost every day – you folks at bethepro, my wife, and some ham radio buddies got me through the worst of it. If you have to ask ‘What?’, you can search my posts .

It’s great to be back.

Welcome back Toolshead ! Nice to hear your back in the shop.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

We’ve had 3 different former clients call us up in the past week or so wanting new projects…can’t complain there!

Today, we went to check out a drainage issue and a concrete slab. The client had us repair a broken storm water pipe buried a the west edge of their property last summer, now we will be working around the corner on the north side. This time the water will remain on the surface and be contained in a swale. After years of water rushing down the street and into their land, its finally time to take care of the swale. Here is what it currently looks like.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Nice cab project @RonW! We have been staying plenty busy. Had a big load bearing beam and living room reno we have been on as well as continued sales and estimates. Spent some time tonight at the shop sanding all my doors and shelves for my basement cabs.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s great to be back.

Glad to see you are back!!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Started a small cabinet job today. Nice to be working in <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>my shop for a change. Got the laundry room cabinets cut out and assembled. Have a couple book shelves to start on in the morning.

Very nice to see your shop is starting to serve you well. ,, nice looking cabinets.

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 1,009 total)
  • The topic ‘V-25 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.139 seconds