dcsimg

V-25 What did you do in the shop site today

This topic contains 699 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex madman_us 14 hours, 21 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 700 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ron
    RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Lets see what your doing on the job site or in the shop.
    Pics are a big plus.
    Here is a link to the old one. http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-24-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Profile photo of Ron
    RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I started a shower swap the other day in a house trailer. What a mess. Shower had leaked for some time. Floor rot and mold.

Ron

Nice swap out Ron! I have been lazy with pics lately. Still in trim/cabinet mode at our new build. Getting real close now. The last couple weeks are my favorite.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Profile photo of Warren
    Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Borrowed a tile saw for some creative cutting. My artistic daughter likes to get me involved with her gift making. I have to cut a porcelain plate into pie shaped segments. I thought the tile saw would be the best for doing this. I will let you know how things turn out.

I started a shower swap the other day in a house trailer. What a mess. Shower had leaked for some time. Floor rot and mold.

Been there, done that in our mobile home. The previous people kept using the shower with a huge split in the floor pan. Had to replace the floor. It was fun digging the old one out from under the walls.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

Profile photo of Chad
    ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have been pretty busy lately and haven’t been on here as much as I would like….been doing 50+ hours a week for the company I work for, putting in a basement bath for my parents, and doing a couple side jobs for previous customers of mine. I took a half day off today lol – a little R&R this morning for a few hours then off to my parent’s house to get some work done.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Profile photo of Ron
    RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I have been pretty busy lately and haven’t been on here as much as I would like….been doing 50+ hours a week for the company I work for, putting in a basement bath for my parents, and doing a couple side jobs for previous customers of mine. I took a half day off today lol – a little R&R this morning for a few hours then off to my parent’s house to get some work done.

Busy can be a good thing, Just not this time of the year with deer season going on. Have you got one yet this season Chad?

Ron

Profile photo of Chad
    ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Busy can be a good thing, Just not this time of the year with deer season going on. Have you got one yet this season Chad?

That’s the worst part! Haven’t got one yet…..I made it into the woodsystem last Monday (first day of Ohio’s 1 week gun season) for about 3 hours….Hoping to maybe get an hour or two in the woods today since it is the last day of the season. Luckily our bow season runs until February 5.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Profile photo of Kevin
    Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Woke up yesterday with my lower back all cramped up from falling asleep on the couch overnite, so couldn’t do much yesterday. Today I’m gonna may try to lay some conduit in the trench I dug to feed my shed build. My back may have different ideas on that though. We’ll see how it goes.

Kevin.

Profile photo of Kurt
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Planed and ripped some boards this morning then cut out a wine bottle and glass holder for a silent auction. Waiting for a little glue to dry to finish that. Now I think I will dig in and run a floor drain line in a shed we are building. It just needs to go to daylight. Once I finish that I will sand the boards and finish them.

Profile photo of Mark (Redwood)
    redwood
    Pro

I broke a coupler on my CNC yesterday. All my plans are out the window. I guess it will be a shop organizing day.

Attachments:

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Profile photo of Ron
    RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I broke a coupler on my CNC yesterday. All my plans are out the window. I guess it will be a shop organizing day.

Well that stinks Mark. Surprising how thin the fins are.

Ron

Edited video. I know not everyone is into guitar videos so I put together one on the work I have been doing on the shop itself. I thought I didn’t have enough footage, turns out I have enough to make another one….lol. It should be in my thread in a short time from now.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

Profile photo of Kevin
    Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Woke up yesterday with my lower back all cramped up from falling asleep on the couch overnite, so couldn’t do much yesterday. Today I’m gonna may try to lay some conduit in the trench I dug to feed my shed build. My back may have different ideas on that though. We’ll see how it goes.

I didn’t end up doing that at all as I would have had to clear out dirt from a stretch of trench wall that caved in and I still felt I might be playin’ with fire putting my back out.

Frankly when I got outside, I didn’t want to do nothin. My body is really feeling beat up and my wife told me just go and do some cookin. I’ve want to make another stew, tis the season, but more wanting to make these things called Steak Bombs for which I bought the ingredients for yesterday.

Basically, it’s a finger sized piece of steak with half a fresh jalapeno and cream cheese all wrapped in bacon and cooked for an hour or so on the BBQ or in the oven. The local pub started serving those recently and they are yummy. I can’t find that resurrected food thread, so here’s a video I found on YT of it.

EDIT: Actually I did find it and posted it there also.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/food-and-drink-on-and-off-the-jobsite/#post-594923

END EDIT.

But once I got in my shed, I did end up working all day into darkness again. I framed around my door with PVC trim and those awesome Cortex hidden fasteners. And knowing we’re about to get a blast of winter overnite, I went about installing my soffit on my shed along the side where I knew the snow would be blowing from.

I have practically zero soffit experience, but it went pretty good. Especially using my MFT and track saw with my vac to cut the panels to size. Most of the aluminum shavings got sucked away. Gotta wear ear protection. Quite the skreechy high pitched sound cutting that stuff.

Quite happy with what I did get done on the shed today considering how I didn’t feel like doing nothin there today.

Kevin.

Good for you @doobie! Soffit looks good. Call me corrected with using the vac attached…glad it worked for you. Has to be a good feeling getting that closed up.

I did a bunch of work on my basement cabs, mowed one last time, cleaned out the garage and fired up the snowblower, and helped get the tree setup.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Profile photo of Brian
    Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Did a pretty quick clear up in the garage, more storage shelves, and a clear of brackets for storing things, actually brought the Christmas tree down from the mezzanine in the garage,
    And put it up,
    Then just de clutter the garage,

Profile photo of Kevin
    Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Good for you @doobie! Soffit looks good.

Thanks Andrew. Always appreciate any encouragement. I gotta say, I had mucked up my roof rafters. I had to a while back bevel cut some longish pieces on the underside of the egde boards so the soffits didn’t have an arched pitch to them. I also found my rafters were not equidistant either from the top plate going out. All soffit pieces had to be measured and cut accordingly and installed in a certain order to get them in. But I did get it all right in the end result not visibly being all wonky. When you make mistakes as a newbie, which I am to all this shed building and such, the real skill is in compensating properly to hide one’s earlier dumdum ‘babe in the woods’ booboos. I feel I accomplished that despite the frustration, head scratching, and of course, additional work involved.

Call me corrected with using the vac attached…glad it worked for you.

I used my larger diameter hose heeding your earlier comments about the alum debris can create a clog. I’ve only done a dozen cuts or so, so maybe I will discover that I will clog still, but so far so good! I pretty well use my 35mm hose with my TS75 anyways. I was just maybe worried about it starting a fire in my vac, but as you probably read in that thread I started on the FOG on this application, that would seem not to be a concern with cuting aluminum. I just wasn’t sure about any of this.

Thanks again @overanalyze!

Kevin.

I did painting allday put the recessed lights in medicine cabnet

great job ebrahem. I remember when you stripped out everything a few weeks ago – what a transformation.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Profile photo of Warren
    Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

So, we cut that porcelain plate for my daughters project. Weird cutting something odd shaped on the tile saw. I use a little prop of Azek to support the center of the plate as I slid it through. Cutting it with the plate upside down seemed to work really well.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 700 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.161 seconds