dcsimg

V-25.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I got these beauties today! Titanium handles with steel heads…kind of the best of both worlds.

Jon those are really nice hammers. Enjoy your new tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I got these beauties today! Titanium handles with steel heads…kind of the best of both worlds.

They are made by Martinez Tools, (the guy who made the Stiletto brand famous). He claims these are an upgrade over the Ti-bone. The steel head can take all the abuse you can throw at it, unlike the Ti-bone…which is apparently prone to breaking under certain situations.

Nice hammers Jon. I have looked at the Martinez hammers a couple times thinking I would like to try one.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

They are made by Martinez Tools, (the guy who made the Stiletto brand famous). He claims these are an upgrade over the Ti-bone. The steel head can take all the abuse you can throw at it, unlike the Ti-bone…which is apparently prone to breaking under certain situations.

Those are really great hammers; congrats, Jon. The Martinez story is really an interesting one. He rewrote the book on framing hammers all by himself.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Very nice Jon. I gotta get me a decent high quality hammer or two like those some day. I just don’t need to swing a hammer that often so they’re not high up on my list. One day.

EDIT: I was looking them up. I notice they have choices of milled or smooth face. Looks like you went smooth, although it’s hard to tell for sure.

I also noticed you can get straight or curved handles. I wonder what the benefit is of a curved handle in a hammer. What are your thoughts on that one Jon?

Wow – nice, if I swung a hammer more I would seriously look into one.

Will

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Was not too bad to put together.

–EDIT– picture was too big, should work now haha

What did you find that you didn’t like about the stand?? I found a few things?

I still have check it out. I assembled it and that was about it.
    I might have some time over the weekend to test run it and fully check it.

Did you find a place on the stand to clip the blade guard??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Those are some nice looking hammers – congrats!

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I also noticed you can get straight or curved handles. I wonder what the benefit is of a curved handle in a hammer.

I like to use the curved handle the most, easier on the wrist.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I also noticed you can get straight or curved handles. I wonder what the benefit is of a curved handle in a hammer.

I always wondered that myself, Thank you Dirty

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Yes find it is easier on the elbow also, it seems to reduce tendinitis for me. Used to get it real bad but switching to the curved handle seemed to help a lot

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

WoodCraft is have a Makita demo day today,, I could have a relasp…..

Dirty

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Was not too bad to put together.

–EDIT– picture was too big, should work now haha

What did you find that you didn’t like about the stand?? I found a few things?

I still have check it out. I assembled it and that was about it.
    I might have some time over the weekend to test run it and fully check it.

Did you find a place on the stand to clip the blade guard??

yes I did find the spot for it

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Yes find it is easier on the elbow also, it seems to reduce tendinitis for me. Used to get it real bad but switching to the curved handle seemed to help a lot

Now I want one. I can get some mild tennis elbow too, so obviously the curved handle would be for me. Now it’s whether to get a 12 or 15 oz though.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Agreed. I prefer the feel of the curved handle. I think it slightly rotates the head of the hammer forward a bit also, which just feels more natural to me. Unlike the straight handle, it doesn’t feel like its going to slip out of my hand if I’m beating something into place.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Agreed. I prefer the feel of the curved handle. I think it slightly rotates the head of the hammer forward a bit also, which just feels more natural to me. Unlike the straight handle, it doesn’t feel like its going to slip out of my hand if I’m beating something into place.

Did you get a special deal on them or pay the 225$ ea for them?

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like DeWalt has a new folding utility knife

https://toolguyd.com/new-dewalt-folding-utility-knife-dwht10916/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Had to buy a couple of smaller drill bits yesterday. 1/16 and 3/32. While I was in that row I was looking for Bosch driver bits. I can’t find them individually. I would like another #2 Robertson, but I am not paying over $30 to get all the other bits in the kit that I will never use.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Had to buy a couple of smaller drill bits yesterday. 1/16 and 3/32. While I was in that row I was looking for Bosch driver bits. I can’t find them individually. I would like another #2 Robertson, but I am not paying over $30 to get all the other bits in the kit that I will never use.

That can be a pain when you only need a couple of bits. I got a set of assorted bits for Christmas. But I wanted that set mainly for in doing stuff around the house. Your probably right there is bits in there that won’t get used.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Doobie

They’re $330 CAD here, and hardly any retailers carry them. Atlas and Amazon is all I can find.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

No deals unfortunately…I paid $225 each for them. Plus shipping!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,009 total)
  • The topic ‘V-25.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.709 seconds