dcsimg

V-25.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

This topic contains 1,008 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 1 year ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author

I’ve been renting tools a lot this past week…does that count?

First was that walk behind concrete cutter, and then today was a generator and Makita 40lb jackhammer. Only the fun stuff!

You paid money and got a tool (for a time). I’d say it counts. Are those Honda generators quiet?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Got a bunch of Milwaukee stuff in the mail that I won in a contest on instagram

Nice stuff you got there. Congrats.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

First was that walk behind concrete cutter, and then today was a generator and Makita 40lb jackhammer. Only the fun stuff!

You paid money and got a tool (for a time). I’d say it counts. Are those Honda generators quiet?

Hard to tell over the jackhammer, lol. But when I started it up it didn’t seem too loud.

Charlie

Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

In my experience, the Honda generators are very quiet. I’ve rented a couple, both the 2000 and 3000 series. Each was impressive…they throttle down and idle on their own and ramp up immediately when necessary.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

In my experience, the Honda generators are very quiet. I’ve rented a couple, both the 2000 and 3000 series. Each was impressive…they throttle down and idle on their own and ramp up immediately when necessary.

I have pretty limited experience with generators, but I did notice that – I just didn’t realize that’s not common to most generators. It was such a simple machine too – only a few controls and it just worked. It was pretty heavy though, a bit of a struggle to get it off the truck by myself and then back on when I was done, but otherwise, a pretty great tool to have. And for the entire time I was using it, it used an imperceptible amount of fuel. I did shut it down while I wasn’t jackhammering, so maybe that helped, but I probably had it running for at least half an hour and it didn’t look like it even touched the amount of fuel it had.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ryobi also has a tape measure deal.

https://toolguyd.com/ryobi-tape-measures-deal-062018/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I have pretty limited experience with generators, but I did notice that – I just didn’t realize that’s not common to most generators. It was such a simple machine too – only a few controls and it just worked. It was pretty heavy though, a bit of a struggle to get it off the truck by myself and then back on when I was done, but otherwise, a pretty great tool to have. And for the entire time I was using it, it used an imperceptible amount of fuel. I did shut it down while I wasn’t jackhammering, so maybe that helped, but I probably had it running for at least half an hour and it didn’t look like it even touched the amount of fuel it had.

Honda have been well known for decades for their excellent and quiet generators. You pay more, but quality costs money.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Was not too bad to put together.

–EDIT– picture was too big, should work now haha

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What did you find that you didn’t like about the stand?? I found a few things?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Like what Dirty? How is it going up or down stairs with those nice big wheels?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh boy here is a less than positive review on Ryobi’s new cordless sliding miter saw.

https://toolguyd.com/ryobi-oneone-cordless-sliding-miter-saw-review/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here’s a head to head comparison on 4′ construction levels.

http://www.toolboxbuzz.com/head-to-head/best-construction-levels/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Oh boy here is a less than positive review on Ryobi’s new cordless sliding miter saw.

Who would really buy a cordless miter saw? Unless your off the grid or a power outage I would not think it would useful with swapping out batteries depending on use.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Sounds like it’s not going to be Ryobi’s most successful product. Appears to be aimed at the DIY market, for sure.

Honda have been well known for decades for their excellent and quiet generators. You pay more, but quality costs money.

Agreed, if your livelihood depends on it they are absolutely worth the money, I have been a very big fan of their engines for a long time.

Will

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Who would really buy a cordless miter saw? Unless your off the grid or a power outage I would not think it would useful with swapping out batteries depending on use.

if the 36 V Makita miter box is like the other 36V Makita tools, you would get a lot of cuts out of a charge. It would be great for small projects. I could actually see one being very handy due to it’s smaller size and no cord. there have been many times I would have liked the option of no cord on a saw.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I got these beauties today! Titanium handles with steel heads…kind of the best of both worlds.

They are made by Martinez Tools, (the guy who made the Stiletto brand famous). He claims these are an upgrade over the Ti-bone. The steel head can take all the abuse you can throw at it, unlike the Ti-bone…which is apparently prone to breaking under certain situations.

Attachments:

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Us in the construction trade buy cordless 18volt sliding miter saws. I love mine and have been using it for days now.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I got these beauties today! Titanium handles with steel heads…kind of the best of both worlds.

They are made by Martinez Tools, (the guy who made the Stiletto brand famous). He claims these are an upgrade over the Ti-bone. The steel head can take all the abuse you can throw at it, unlike the Ti-bone…which is apparently prone to breaking under certain situations.

Did you get a special deal on those?? I’m ready for those!!!

Dirty

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I still have check it out. I assembled it and that was about it.
    I might have some time over the weekend to test run it and fully check it.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,009 total)

The topic ‘V-25.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 1.422 seconds