dcsimg

V-24 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 950 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i was installing baseboards along with drilling out doors for lock sets.. now im back to the waiting game on missing doors and door hardware for bipass doors and a barn door

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Installed basket ball hoops in a Minneapolis school today. New height adjusters also. We had to make adapters for the brackets to fit the old framing. The Mag drill press i bought a while back came in real handy.

photo’s tomorrow.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Casing casing and more casing

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I finsihed up the tile work and did sanding with os50vc hooked up to the vac090 dust collection is okey if you move from side the side but if you go forward then gets dusty

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

set frames and hung doors at work, then went to my house and did some drywall

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Here is picture of the bathroom and wetsaw cleaned up after work

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Casing casing and more casing

I have a feeling you will be doing a lot of casing on that project. That is a big house.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Got a few minutes to slap together a flip top planer stand today

I wasnt sure exactly what I wanted so I made it with 2x offcuts, mostly 2x6s. Dowels for the joinery

Im again reminded of my own rule. Never rush. I made a few small mistakes that add up, and it is bigger and bulkier than I like

May make it again following some plans and with plywood. Will be thinner at least.

I also made it too tall, so I could have my benchtop bandsaw and jointer on the opposite side. Added a lot of height to be able to rotate the bandsaw, which required futher reinforcement

All in all, a functional job but Im not loving it

@montreal_medic
    Any pictures of your multi-tool flip top?
    Some of us might have some ideas and there is another member here who has made one and I can’t remember his name??

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Gutted a bathroom yesterday. Will start putting it back together today.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Had to redo all the casters on the racks I built, made the mistake of initially buying all swivel casters and having the whole thing become more tippy, so swapped out half of them for straight casters.

I wasnt sure exactly what I wanted so I made it with 2x offcuts, mostly 2x6s. Dowels for the joinery

Im again reminded of my own rule. Never rush. I made a few small mistakes that add up, and it is bigger and bulkier than I like

May make it again following some plans and with plywood. Will be thinner at least.

I also made it too tall, so I could have my benchtop bandsaw and jointer on the opposite side. Added a lot of height to be able to rotate the bandsaw, which required futher reinforcement

@montreal_medic,
    Some of us might have some ideas and there is another member here who has made one and I can’t remember his name??

Sure

I have lots of plans but sometimes you need to mock it up to decide

And this will be functional until I retire it

Had to redo all the casters on the racks I built, made the mistake of initially buying all swivel casters and having the whole thing become more tippy, so swapped out half of them for straight casters.

What racks are you building, what are they for, hopefully not wine racks lol

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Repaired some broken floor tiles in a kitchen yesterday.

I warned they were originally not installed correctly.

It sucked for me being a once in a rare while tiler. LOL They were 13×13 with no grout joints. Its a dark tile with beveled edges…I was fooled.

The the floor was over spanned and tiled over hardi backer. The thinset was very thick the 1/2″ notches I had were not enough so building up the adhesive sucked… Nor did I have a suction cups to pull a tile back up if it was too low.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Here is picture of the bathroom and wetsaw cleaned up after work

I really like that. The accent tiles really pop and the change from square to diamond pattern adds a nice touch too. Very nice!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

What racks are you building, what are they for, hopefully not wine racks lol

wouldn’t that be awesome, movable wine racks to the table. You can choose your own adventure lol. No I built some clothing racks for the wife, the ones with the pipe poles, it actually works pretty well.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

montreal_medic,

Sure

I was wondering what you were going to use as a stop for the top. Ingenious idea with the eye bolt.
    Looks great so far. ThanX for the pic’s

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

montreal_medic,

Sure

I was wondering what you were going to use as a stop for the top. Ingenious idea with the eye bolt.
    Looks great so far. ThanX for the pic’s

Thanks

One element that is good is that if/when I rebuild it, I am going smaller. I used wooden dowels for the joinery, so I can easily cut it apart and rebuild it smaller if I want to.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

More work on the ’63 Harmony. Got most of the cleaning done, the frets and fretboard are done. Starting to go back together. I still have to make a nut for it.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Beautiful instrument, Jim. Is that the one with the epoxy all over it?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Got my gable walls framed and drywalled the ceiling of a different house.

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 950 total)
  • The topic ‘V-24 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.746 seconds