dcsimg

V-24 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 950 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Spent some time trying to get my bull float cleaned up. I lent it out and told him he could hang on to it ’till I needed it…. just keep it clean and take care of it. I need it and this it how it came back. I got over an hour with a coarse wire cup on an angle grinder invested so far and I’m not quite 1/2 way.

Another good reason not to lend tools out. I am always in the mindset that if I have to borrow something, it goes back in as good, or better condition than I got it. I have replaced 2 inner tubes on 2 different occasions on a neighbours wheel barrow I borrowed for example. It is the kind that has an axle across the back supports with wheels on it so it can roll instead of having to be lifted. I used one of the old leaky inner tubes for the DC chute on the glide mitre.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Spent some time trying to get my bull float cleaned up. I lent it out and told him he could hang on to it ’till I needed it…. just keep it clean and take care of it. I need it and this it how it came back. I got over an hour with a coarse wire cup on an angle grinder invested so far and I’m not quite 1/2 way.

That’s crap, guess he won’t be borrowing that ever again, in fact maybe nothing of yours.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I sanded down the whole top of the coffee table. Part of the process. I used 400 grit wet/dry and olive oil as a lubricant. Then I padded on a light coat of very thinned out shellac. This is the actual “polishing” part of the french polish. I will build up a few coats with short sessions each day now until the shine is even. At that point is will be French Polished for all intents and purposes. Usually done at that point, but since I need a poly top coat, it will get a scuffing (dry) to give it some tooth so the poly will stick.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Just got back from ordering windows for our upstairs. Estimated delivery date is my birthday. Go me!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Got the day off today and back to the grind on Monday. Have to finish up the job next week.

A Working Pro since 2004

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Took saws to the entertainment center to lower the top by about 25″ so the new TV will sit on top. In the process got some bracing in place to take the sag out of the top that had developed over the years.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

Built a makeshift stairway to get up on my temp scaffolding that I had finished yesterday to work on the fence side of my shed build. None of my other ladders were really doing that job comfortably for a variety of reasons, so I went a built a proper solution instead.

Then I went and used my omt to correct a roof sheathing error I had made. That was a bit of a bugger job, but it got done.

monman1
    Pro

Heres what i have been up too. I dug the footings by hand for this one and another one, 14″x14″x42″deep.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Attachments:
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Heres what i have been up too. I dug the footings by hand for this one and another one, 14″x14″x42″deep.

Looking good. Going 42″ deep with post hole diggers is never much fun.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Drained the pool, blew out the pool heater, put away some hoses and other stuff around the backyard,
    Not very productive today,

monman1
    Pro

Looking good. Going 42″ deep with post hole diggers is never much fun.

It wasnt that bad, i dug down to about 36″ with a shovel then the rest with the post hole digger.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Started out early this morning installing shelves in one of our builds then took a trailer load of trash to the dump.

I then used the trailer to take some topsoil to a job, where we removed and replaced a window well,and spread it. loaded the skidloader in the trailer and moved it to another job where i leveled some fill.

After that I went to the shop and worked on paperwork. Late this afternoon I watched my daughter play volleyball then helped my father pick out a new computer. after that i picked up some materials for another project.

Lots of running around today

redwood
    Pro

Excuse me if I step on some toes here. I subscribe to very few topics, but this is one of them. I read this thread to actually learn what folks are doing in their shop or on the job. I think that is what the title is all about. I’ve hoped that a moderator would step in and try to curb some of the stuff in this topic, but I’m not seeing it publicly.

If I’m wrong about this, I’m sorry and please let me know.

I don’t particularly want to hear why you didn’t do anything in the shop or on site, like broke a fingernail, or had to mow the lawn. Unless I misread the topic title, it’s what you did do, not why you didn’t.

Once again, I’m sorry, but please try to keep to the topic. From a obviously grumpy old man.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

Excuse me if I step on some toes here. I subscribe to very few topics, but this is one of them. I read this thread to actually learn what folks are doing in their shop or on the job. I think that is what the title is all about. I’ve hoped that a moderator would step in and try to curb some of the stuff in this topic, but I’m not seeing it publicly.

If I’m wrong about this, I’m sorry and please let me know.

I don’t particularly want to hear why you didn’t do anything in the shop or on site, like broke a fingernail, or had to mow the lawn. Unless I misread the topic title, it’s what you did do, not why you didn’t.

Once again, I’m sorry, but please try to keep to the topic. From a obviously grumpy old man.

I’ve done that occasionally. And you know what Mark, you’re right. Shouldn’t be misinterpreted as a ‘what did you do today’ but as the title implies ‘wt-heck did you do on a job site’.

And as you said, unless you just laid the sod yourself as part of a job completion and had to cut it for final appearances, no BS like that should be allowed.

This forum needs to riegn it in with the BS fluff posts. Especially now with the new points scheme.

Get rid of all the nonsense frilly threads would be a step in the right direction. I post in those, but it feels shameful. I don’t care about the points any longer. But I do see the dynamics that have changed not generating more quality posts with the new limitations and most of the useless fanfare threads that have existed in umpteen versions of themselves. Just a higher percentage of grabbing with frilly posts in frilly threads.

I will suggest one thing though. Don’t cruxify me for this…..higher points for reviews/articles. Myself, I need a bigger carrot to hang my wannabee abilities in layin’ my butt on the line for such. It’s a lot of work to do one justice. At least for me it is. Perfectionist and all. I’m not a pro, but I want to present my findings to some degree aimed at you pros out there. And for a pro to take interest in doing such, I don’t believe the points values for doing such mean enough to them either. Frankly, this kind of reward should range from 20K to 50K points in my mind. Isn’t it this kind of content I think the sponsors are really looking for over the largely BS that is 90+% of what gets posted/offered on this forum?

Duckin’ n’ runnin’. ☀

Trying to figure out how to fix my MIL TV. TV turns on, get a snowy picture but nothing else, trying a hard reboot on the TV, if not, it’s off to shopping for my MIL

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I have a friend who’s just like you. His tools are pristine and if he borrows something it comes back in the same condition or better. I wouldn’t hesitate to loan him anything, in fact he has some of my auger bits and my big “red” angle drill. Other than him I haven’t lent anything out in a long time

Doobie

Built a makeshift stairway to get up on my temp scaffolding that I had finished yesterday to work on the fence side of my shed build. None of my other ladders were really doing that job comfortably for a variety of reasons, so I went a built a proper solution instead.

Here’s a before and after pic. The other way was a twisting winding PITA way to get up there.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Padded on the last coat of shellac on the coffee table top. Tomorrow I will do the spiriting off and then let is sit for a while. Edited a new video and will upload it later. Not enough bandwidth to watch TV and upload at the same time and the race is on.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Did some rough milling on maple I brought home yesterday. Just enough to square it up and knock off some mill marks. It will rest in the shop a couple of weeks before I touch it again.

Found 3 pieces of curly maple in the lot; a really nice surprise! They will be put aside for future projects.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Attachments:
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Been working at cleaning up the shop as it got pretty messy in there while I was finishing up the workbench and working on some leather stuff.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 950 total)
  • The topic ‘V-24 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.808 seconds