dcsimg

V-24 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 950 total)
  • Author

More work on the cedar roof. We’re coming along, what you see undone in the pics is all that’s left, all the others sides are done.

@boschmanbrian For the ridge cap we are going to use cedar 1x8s. One board will run about 3/4 higher that the other.

I have to say, if looks great, nice set up with your miter saw, okay I gotcha with the rid cap, sounds good, really nice work you are doing, thanks for the update. What will you use to attach the 1×8

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

back fiddling with more ikea cabinets today,one big issue was with the master bedroom closet units… the 3 cabinets were 1-1/4″ wider than the space.. so we had to strip the drywall off the wing wall and cut the studs back to make the units fit.. the other issue is they all have doors on the.. why they were specd so big with no filler stips is beyond me because now the baseboard can run into the toekick space without interfering with the doors,

tonight i went and picked up a stack of mdf for a side job.. bookshelf and window bench

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Our helper and I went and swept all the walls and floors at our new build so the painter could keep going. Drywall is done and paint is going on. Cabinets and trim start next week!!

Then over to finish some electric and drywall in a small project. After lunch we went to install a window. We had framed for it ahead of time. We drove our lift with cage to the job because it was a second story window. Took the siding off, cut the opening out, installed the window, and put the siding back up.

As a side note, we got our lift serviced last months and they put in all new boom pads, shims, adjusted the cables, and serviced it. Man is that thing smooth now!!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

drywall and insulation all day

Cabinets all day,,,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Our helper and I went

Man you guys really put in a full day. Sounds like a long day for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

More work on the cedar roof. We’re coming along, what you see undone in the pics is all that’s left, all the others sides are done.

@boschmanbrian For the ridge cap we are going to use cedar 1x8s. One board will run about 3/4 higher that the other.

my Local volunteered to replace a cedar shake roof for a reservation and I was looking forward to it all summer long. then when they finalized the date, it was on the same day as my friends wedding and I couldn’t go. so bummed

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Little bit of exterior carpentry, soon to be followed my some mud slinging. I also stopped by our second framing start of 2016. Another puny simple ranch.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

cleaning up the oil off some new hardware I got today for my metal lathe. Finally no more crappy tool post , picked up a quick change tool post to make it easier to change different bits in and out. Will install it later if I get around to it. It seems like they really slather on the oil to prevent rusting.

Doobie

Unpacked and set up my new miter saw on my mobile stand last nite. Today, I should actually be using it for the first time.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got the summer tires out of the shop and into the shed. Swept up a bit, did some editing on a short video shot this morning and posted it.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

off today for veteran’s day so did some deck work and exterior painting at my house. going in for OT tomorrow

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Today I spent a bunch of time tearing out drywall (well, mostly cementboard) in my basement in preparation for a french drain install. I also spent a good amount of time hauling rubbish from the demo work up the bulkhead and to the back yard. I’ll post some pictures of the progress when I take them.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Shop organization and clean-up today. Picked up a half-dozen small tool boxes to start getting some of the tools off shelves and out of drawers so then can actually be found when looked for.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Unpacked and set up my new miter saw on my mobile stand last nite. Today, I should actually be using it for the first time.

whoa a porter cable saw stand,, theres something i havent seen in years

we had a very short list of deficiences to take care of to get our final draw on a big reno we did.. some missing baseboard, stair finishes on the concrete steps and some door hardware. hopefully things are good for the homeowner so we get that holdback

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

very nice saw you got there kevin. they had not T4B on sale? 😀
    would be a great combination

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

off today for veteran’s day so did some deck work and exterior painting at my house. going in for OT tomorrow

Man you have the great union job, it never ends at the Hospital. Each job I’m on has a finish date.

I believe it’s the only contract in my state like it. it’s been going for 43+ years. I got sent there from my hall and really lucked out. been a year and a half already. hopefully I end up like some of the guys who’ve been there for 15 years already

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

My daughter is dropping by this morning with her truck and I have been given the task to help swap the winter tires on to it.

After that I will start the build on the router sled to do some more work on my workbench.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My daughter is dropping by this morning with her truck and I have been given the task to help swap the winter tires on to it.

Sounds like a good job for the 18V impact Frank.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I thought r-ice was doing this the other day? Did he pass the buck? Or is this a different daughter Frank?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 950 total)
  • The topic ‘V-24 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.694 seconds