dcsimg

V-24 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 950 total)
  • Author

More work on the cedar roof today. We only had two guys on site today, so we did a smaller section. It actually didn’t even take all day, so after we finished we met the other guys at a different job.

@boschmanbrian I don’t know how old the barn is, but I don’t think the it’s too old. It’s framed with modern lumber (not rough sawn). As for the caps, I’m not sure exactly what we’ll do there. The existing roof has a pattern where the shakes are turned to run horizontal across the ridge, and they overlap at the top edge. I assume we’ll do the same or similar.

Okay, so it is not that old, I like the look with the Cedar, I am looking forward for seeing how you finish the peak off, good work, and good pictures,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Today I did a kitchen floor cabinets 3 big Pantry boxes and for vanities. Seemed to go pretty smoothly today.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Headed off to another site today on King Street for caulking. Maybe this project will go through Winter..

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Headed off to another site today on King Street for caulking. Maybe this project will go through Winter..

Nice that the job will last through the winter, but that must be a lot of caulking that needs to be done.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

is this indoors or is there a caulk that you can use in lower temperatures?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Today I did a kitchen floor cabinets 3 big Pantry boxes and for vanities. Seemed to go pretty smoothly today.

Your doing a bunch of installs lately. Any pics @DirtyWhiteBoy ?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I’m ripping out the first few feet of drywall in my basement to prepare for a french drain system to be installed, and wow the finish job on the basement was not done well.
    Notice the PVC being cut right through the 2×4 studs. Nearly nothing left after the hacking away to create a groove for the pipe. This pipe, by the way, goes from a sink downhill into the SUMP. Unreal. Good thing I never used the sink, and I don’t think the previous owners did either (wasn’t even close to being hooked up to water. No running water anywhere near the sink thank god). So I’ll have to sister the bottom third of each stud where it was cut into.
    Finally, I noticed that whoever did the drywall was not exactly careful with their screw location. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t know that PVC drain pipe is supposed to be a mounting location for drywall (see last pic!!) HAH!

Wow that last picture is a wow, and a little scary.

Will

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Your doing a bunch of installs lately. Any pics @dirtywhiteboy ?

I’ll get some resized soon.Some how the site doesn’t like the phone cam.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Your doing a bunch of installs lately. Any pics dirtywhiteboy ?

I just email them to myself. My I-Phone asks what size I want to send in the email. Makes things much smoother.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Your doing a bunch of installs lately. Any pics dirtywhiteboy ?

I just email them to myself. My I-Phone asks what size I want to send in the email. Makes things much smoother.

I have to do the same thing with my Galaxy S5 phone, Can’t post pics directly from it to here. But it doesn’t ask me what size I want, It compresses them however it wants.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I had a same problem before and sometimes you take picture and upload it to btp and if its oversize you lose the shot. And phone doesnt save that since its in the internet. So you gonna start over and take a another shot what i did was bring camera resolution all the way down that seems to work better

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I finished up the insulation yesterday and now looking for a bit of help putting the drywall up .

Anonymous
    Inactive

I finished up the insulation yesterday and now looking for a bit of help putting the drywall up .

Wow you’ve been busy, Looks like you need an FL12 work light rather then the lamp.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Wow, you have come a long way on this. The ceilings are going to look great. It will probably be a lot warmer this year for you too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Looking very good, John.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Wow you’ve been busy, Looks like you need an FL12 work light rather then the lamp.

Thanks guys ! I really do need a new flashlight . I had a set of 500 watt halogen lights up there so it was nice and bright .

To bad we are far away, I would definitely be more than happy to help you with the jip.
    The work you have done on the ceiling looks great.

redwood
    Pro

Where is that son of yours? I know that you have done a ton for him.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Thanks guys ! I really do need a new flashlight . I had a set of 500 watt halogen lights up there so it was nice and bright .

That looks really great. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the drywall going up, and then soon after the finished product.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Built a wheelchair ramp and railing at my brothers house today.

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 950 total)
  • The topic ‘V-24 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.718 seconds