dcsimg

V-24 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 950 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Finally! The finish is approved by the boss. Tomorrow I will put it on it’s base and put it in place. Then there will be the laptops, coffee cups and assorted other things put on it.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Put up some shou sugi ban cypress and then started to set a cabinet.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

A couple of signs I finished yesterday.

More nice work Mark. I really like this one.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Today I worked on a cedar shake roof on a barn. I’ve done some cedar shakes before, but never a full roof.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I was cleaning the nails and staples from the studs there was nail every 6 inch and staple every 2 inch. I worked with hammer for couple hours then realized i am.suspending so much time so pulled out the omt which did a amazing job cutting anything on its way.used wood metal blade and i am 85% dont and still one blade. and cutting couple 2x4s out to make the room more spacious. Removed the toilet bowl and vanity. Change the valves cuz valves werent shutting off.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

started the morning tearing down scaffold on one job then back to the job thats in the finish stage to unload and assemble 2 pallets worth of ikea shelving for closets.. i believe the exact count was 83 pcs

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Started 2 decks today. One 16×12 and one 14×14. Not too horrible for being all by myself. Will have the lower one finished tomorrow with railing and privacy walls.

The taller has metal balusters with wood top and bottom, but instead of the pre drilled 2×4 that the balusters fit into, they wanted these caps that screw onto regular 2×4, then the baluster slides in. Anyone use these before or know of any benefit to them over the pre drilled 2×4?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Today I worked on a cedar shake roof on a barn. I’ve done some cedar shakes before, but never a full roof.

Love that roof. Actually, I love the whole building. I want something like that for my shop.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Beautiful building to work on! Is the cupola going back on?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Beautiful building to work on! Is the cupola going back on?

Yeah, the cupola is going back on. It was installed directly over the old shakes, so the only thing to do was take it down. It’s not that big; one person can carry it.

Finally finished a small tile top table for my wife – for her plants. -sorry about the quality of the pictures.

Will

redwood
    Pro

Started 2 decks today. One 16×12 and one 14×14. Not too horrible for being all by myself. Will have the lower one finished tomorrow with railing and privacy walls.

The taller has metal balusters with wood top and bottom, but instead of the pre drilled 2×4 that the balusters fit into, they wanted these caps that screw onto regular 2×4, then the baluster slides in. Anyone use these before or know of any benefit to them over the pre drilled 2×4?

Sure, I used similar ones for probably 1000’s of feet of railing. The ones I used were a little nicer looking. Much easier then drilling holes and may even look better. We had a template that made layout very simple.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Attachments:

Went to look at some decorative wood gable vents. Birds were getting in behind them. What a mess. Dirty freakin creatures! Took five out and cleaned them up. Repainted them and purchased some 1/4″ black plastic hddp to screw on the back instead of the screen to keep them out in the future.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I set a bunch of kitchen cabinets bathroom cabinets and pantries today

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Repainted them and purchased some 1/4″ black plastic hddp to screw on the back instead of the screen to keep them out in the future.

Birds can be a mess. Years ago I had to install screen over my roof vents to keep them out or they plug them up with their nests and the vents become useless, not to mention the mess.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Sure, I used similar ones for probably 1000’s of feet of railing. The ones I used were a little nicer looking. Much easier then drilling holes and may even look better. We had a template that made layout very simple.

That’s definitely a little nicer.

My confusion is that this was all sent by the developer as an option the HO chose while purchasing the house so I don’t personally know the pricing of these little screw/end pieces however if one pack has 20 pieces and they are every 4-1/4″ that means one pack does 4 feet. This cannot be cheaper then the pre drilled 8′ sections that you can buy and drop the balusters into, no drilling required.

To me it just seema like more money and more labour for the exact same look in the end.

Finally finished a small tile top table for my wife – for her plants. -sorry about the quality of the pictures.

Nice job on the table, like the baseboards

@WoodsConstruction
    good work on those decks, looking forward to seeing them finished.

@BeardedCarpenter
    wow, cedar roof, looks nice, how old is that barn. , how will you finish the top cap.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Waiting on the engineer to check our drop and give the OK and then will be packing up the suspended access equipment.

A Working Pro since 2004

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Assembled the coffee table and put it in place. Another project for the books. Sally (wife) liked the top so much she didn’t want it to get damaged so she made the executive decision to re-use a piece of tempered glass we have on top of it. Wise lady, and good taste in men.

Assembled the coffee table and put it in place. Another project for the books. Sally (wife) liked the top so much she didn’t want it to get damaged so she made the executive decision to re-use a piece of tempered glass we have on top of it. Wise lady, and good taste in men.

Looks great and I will refrain from the obvious jokes… 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 950 total)
  • The topic ‘V-24 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.490 seconds