dcsimg

V-24 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 950 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

Drove a half hour to the shop to find out the PM didn’t have anything scheduled for me today and most likely not for Monday either…..looks like I get a long weekend…

Would have been nice if they had told you before you drove a half hour! Long weekends are nice though.

I’m working on the computer again today. Work has been slower lately so I’ve been taking the down time to put into the website and new content for it and DP Shop Talk. I’m hoping that if I go at my online presence hard while I have some down time that it will help with the growth and turn it into something decently substantial that can run in the background when I am busy with jobs. I’ve definitely learned a lot lately and I’m continuing to learn a lot about online stuff but I’m happy with the progress I’ve been making. I’m looking forward to getting back in the shop though to get a break from the computer. After all that is why I got out of working in architecture.

Dan

danpattison.com

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Moved around the building working on trouble spots

That wall is a few bricks short of a load! Brickwork is an art I have never tried before.

Got this sign back from my painter. Sorry, it’s a little blurry.

Beautiful, just beautiful!

Worked on the removable kayak racks for the boat trailer for my wife, please note that these pictures demonstrate that my welding skills need improvement 🙂

A grinder and paint make me the welder I ain’t. As long as they stay put together, that is successful welding. The welds look much better than many I have seen. You’re on the right track. I have been away from it so long I wouldn’t know where to start, so it is probably much better than what I would have done.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

2 days ago our HVAC system stopped working in the middle of the day.
    It was not too bad because summer is over and its not extremely hot anymore.
    So yesterday I checked every relay, circuit breaker, main fuse, other components and then I had to leave for an appointment.
    This morning I finally found the problem. A blown 5amp blade fuse on the circuit board.
    A 50 cents fix later and it’s back running.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

2 days ago our HVAC system stopped working in the middle of the day.
    It was not too bad because summer is over and its not extremely hot anymore.
    So yesterday I checked every relay, circuit breaker, main fuse, other components and then I had to leave for an appointment.
    This morning I finally found the problem. A blown 5amp blade fuse on the circuit board.
    A 50 cents fix later and it’s back running.

good job its good to be able to solve your own problems like the ac.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Nice work @madman_us!

Today my shop time was spent making a bunch of little things for possibly being involved in a holiday craft fair. We’ll see if I make the deadline.

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Got my ceiling joists up, then went and helped the gc’s guys locate the sauna tunes for a deck, backfill, and pour. I’m getting tired of the gc complaining that the beam is crooked or the wooden columns aren’t centered on the concrete. All because his labourers don’t know how to use a tape or string a line.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Nice work @madman_us!

Today my shop time was spent making a bunch of little things for possibly being involved in a holiday craft fair. We’ll see if I make the deadline.

awesome, sounds like my day, i spent some time working on these.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I installed more roof paper today than I have ever installed in any one day. I think it was about 100 square. We also finished of the t&g 2×6 roof decking.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

2X6 Tongue and groove roof decking? Sounds like a fancy house cool. Share those pic’s when you can.

@madman us good for you that would take more patience than I have.

I finished rocking today and started taping.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Doobie

Didn’t get out to my shed build at all today. Had a bunch of errands to run and to get ready for my son’s birthday party tomorrow.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

2X6 Tongue and groove roof decking? Sounds like a fancy house cool. Share those pic’s when you can.

Not a house. It is a building at a golf course that will be used for receptions and such. About 7000 sq feet, timber beams, very rustic. Her is a boring pic of one side with the paper on.
    http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab165/sixeightten/20161014_140454_zpsoagtvhkj.jpg

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Not a house. It is a building at a golf course that will be used for receptions and such. About 7000 sq feet, timber beams, very rustic. Her is a boring pic of one side with the paper on.
    http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab165/sixeightten/20161014_140454_zpsoagtvhkj.jpg

Oh the 19th hole, Club house. Cool there is a really nice one in upstate NY where we gold once in a while. Love those types of structures.

I have never used synthetic felt yet. I believe they are lighter and cover more per square on a roll….Correct?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Oh the 19th hole, Club house. Cool there is a really nice one in upstate NY where we gold once in a while. Love those types of structures.

I have never used synthetic felt yet. I believe they are lighter and cover more per square on a roll….Correct?

We have been using it for about 12 years now. Rarely use felt any more. Most come in 4 foot rolls and cover 10 square. The price is typically a bit more than felt, but it doesn’t tear and fly off the roof like felt does. Never had a piece come off since we have been using it.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Well that’s gotta make for a lo g day laying that down.

I did about 5000sq ft of 3-1/2″ double t&g Douglas fir and that took forever.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Spent some time trying to get my bull float cleaned up. I lent it out and told him he could hang on to it ’till I needed it…. just keep it clean and take care of it. I need it and this it how it came back. I got over an hour with a coarse wire cup on an angle grinder invested so far and I’m not quite 1/2 way.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Those look nice @r-ice! You form all the leather yourself?

@Sprokitz
    that’s a huge bummer. Getting your tools trashed by someone you’re trying to help out feels like such a slap in the face.

Charlie

Instagram

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Went out this morning and drove the Lull from our last job site over to a friends house. We wont need it for a couple weeks on a job, and since he was close by and needed to trim some trees, it was win win. About 1.5 miles total drive at a speedy clip of 10 mph. Fairly main road, but doing it at 7 A.M. avoids traffic from backing up too much.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Spent some time trying to get my bull float cleaned up. I lent it out and told him he could hang on to it ’till I needed it…. just keep it clean and take care of it.

Tools seldom come back like you lend them out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Spent some time trying to get my bull float cleaned up. I lent it out and told him he could hang on to it ’till I needed it…. just keep it clean and take care of it. I need it and this it how it came back. I got over an hour with a coarse wire cup on an angle grinder invested so far and I’m not quite 1/2 way.

Stinks he did you like that. It’s one reason I don’t lend my tools out much.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Went out this morning and drove the Lull from our last job site over to a friends house. We wont need it for a couple weeks on a job, and since he was close by and needed to trim some trees, it was win win. About 1.5 miles total drive at a speedy clip of 10 mph. Fairly main road, but doing it at 7 A.M. avoids traffic from backing up too much.

Now I see why it was a win win situation with him being that close

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 950 total)
  • The topic ‘V-24 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.802 seconds