dcsimg

V-24.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author
    Clev08
    Pro

[delete | detach]

Yikes! That thing is a train wreck!

My tool of the day is new Macbook Pro! I’m in the process of switching my accounting/estimating software over to something a bit more sophisticated and it has proven difficult on an iPad!

That’s an expensive tool! Apple computers just keep getting more and more expensive these days, you cant even get a macbook air for less than $1000

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

[delete | detach]

My tool of the day is new Macbook Pro! I’m in the process of switching my accounting/estimating software over to something a bit more sophisticated and it has proven difficult on an iPad!

That’s an expensive tool! Apple computers just keep getting more and more expensive these days, you cant even get a macbook air for less than $1000

Expensive is right…$1500 plus tax. AND I still need to by some accessories. On the other hand, this MacBook will outlast 3 PCs and not have the usability issues that a Windows machine would have.

The Air is kind if obsolete btw, it hasn’t been updated in years and is actually bigger than the current Macbook (and the Air was supposed to be the smallest available laptop).

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

I bought a $35 dollar item that will save me ruining another $50 router bit. I hope. I ordered it from the Hamilton wood show and it came today. Well, I had to track it down as UPS sent it to the wrong address because the label was not printed the way I told them to print it.

I’ve had that unit for probably close to 15 years and it still works like a gem. Just don’t run it across too fast. Make sure you ‘tune’ it via the dial each time you use it as per the instructions. And don’t forget to turn it off when you’re done. Did that quite often.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I bought a $35 dollar item that will save me ruining another $50 router bit. I hope. I ordered it from the Hamilton wood show and it came today. Well, I had to track it down as UPS sent it to the wrong address because the label was not printed the way I told them to print it.

Congrats on that, Jim. looks like UPS is in the same boat as Purolator. I wonder why LV messed up the label, that’s not like them.

Have you given it a try yet?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am in the process of returning this item.

I don’t blame you one bit for returning that !! No pride at all in the workmanship

You are right there is no pride in the workmanship of this tool.

That looks like it would be a good investment. I need to buy one of those as I have 3 pieces of reclaimed lumber I would like to see if there any nails in it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

[delete | detach]

I just got a mac book today too. Also was supposed to get a akita combo set today with thee subcompact dill impact and recap saw but i am pretty sure it got stolen off my door

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Trouble in Porter Cableville

http://toolguyd.com/why-im-returning-my-brand-new-porter-cable-7518-router/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Sounds to me like he got a bad router. That can happen even with any of them.
    Now I do feel SBD has run down the Porter Cable product to a point I don’t really want to look at their product in the stores.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

got this in the mail yesterday. It was a sample they were handing out coupons for at the international Builders Show. I have heard a lot about them here, and am looking forward to trying it out.

Attachments:

got this in the mail yesterday. It was a sample they were handing out coupons for at the international Builders Show. I have heard a lot about them here, and am looking forward to trying it out.

Congratulations Kurt, first time I’ve seen that style of olfa, how does that bottom blade in the back work, is it permanent, or can it be replaced.

@Austin
    oh man, congrats on your Mac book, but sorry to hear about your kit, can anything be done about that,
    The courier or the place you bought it from?

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Congratulations Kurt, first time I’ve seen that style of olfa, how does that bottom blade in the back work, is it permanent, or can it be replaced.

austin oh man, congrats on your Mac book, but sorry to hear about your kit, can anything be done about that,

Probably not. I am filling a police report today and I already made a claim to fedex

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

More evidence of “not what they used to be” My old 690’s are still chugging along and doing a great job. I don’t think I would consider a new PC after all the talk.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Sounds to me like he got a bad router. That can happen even with any of them.

Probably just a lemon. While PC has been making all sorts of iffy stuff, that router I haven’t heard bad things about. It’s a big heavy workhorse.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I don’t know why anyone would buy Porter Cable…just not a reputable brand anymore. And at $350 for the damn router…you could get a Triton with a built in lift for $100 less!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

That’s a lot of package for a simple utility knife.
    It looks more expensive than the knife itself.

Doobie

I don’t know why anyone would buy Porter Cable…just not a reputable brand anymore. And at $350 for the damn router…you could get a Triton with a built in lift for $100 less!

Tritons have had their issues. I read way more issues with them and service/parts woes than I have of the 7518’s. Other PC products I agree. They have sunk since over a decade ago.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

@austin oh man, congrats on your Mac book, but sorry to hear about your kit, can anything be done about that,

I have not taken it out of the package yet, but it appears to be a scraper, flat screwdriver, pry to open a paint can and things like that. It does not appear that it can be replaced.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

[delete | detach]

I just got a mac book today too. Also was supposed to get a akita combo set today with thee subcompact dill impact and recap saw but i am pretty sure it got stolen off my door

Stolen off your porch? That doesn’t sound good.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

bought a new ridged flashlight tonight nice little light

I’ve been looking at that one,, it looks nice

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

bought a new ridged flashlight tonight nice little light

I’ve been looking at that one,, it looks nice

cant beat it for the price less than $20

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 1,009 total)
  • The topic ‘V-24.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.762 seconds