dcsimg

V-24.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author

@cmeyer25 congrats Charlie, looking forward to hearing what you think about that blade,

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Picked up a few little things today. Stuff for a few repairs and then I decided to go ahead and grab that interesting double sided blade for my CCS180- I’ll give it a try and see how it goes. It’s not all that more expensive than the diablo version and if it works will be about 25% less than the cost of buying two, plus no extra trip.

Looking forward to hearing how you like the reversible blade. How thick is the kerf? About the same as the Diablo?

I think it’s slightly thicker, maybe 1/16th? The Diablo blades are so thin and this one doesn’t feel quite that thin, so I’ll let you know. I think the amount of carbide looks the same per tooth though, so I total it’s got twice the carbide, and I’m hoping that does actually translate to twice the amount of usable life.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Another trip to LV today. Got a bunch of garden related stuff, but also a couple of Pica Visor Markers I’ve been wanting to try.

Went to Busy Bee for a new honing wheel for my wet grinder that I pooched because I didn’t read the owners manual the first time I went to use it. I also bought two lumber racks on sale that I’m gonna use in my shed.

Also wemt to Canadian Tire and decided on a couple of ratchet/socket sets for the shed as well.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Another trip to LV today. Got a bunch of garden related stuff, but also a couple of Pica Visor Markers I’ve been wanting to try.

Went to Busy Bee for a new honing wheel for my wet grinder that I pooched because I didn’t read the owners manual the first time I went to use it. I also bought two lumber racks on sale that I’m gonna use in my shed.

Also wemt to Canadian Tire and decided on a couple of ratchet/socket sets for the shed as well.

Congrats on your new tools. Were the sockets on sale?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Yes they were. I’m still debating whether to keep one of them or not. Or simply not open either and see if a better deal shows up that I feel suits me better. I’m not 100% sold on them, but the sale was over tomorrow so I bought them for now.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Picked up a few little things today. Stuff for a few repairs and then I decided to go ahead and grab that interesting double sided blade for my CCS180- I’ll give it a try and see how it goes. It’s not all that more expensive than the diablo version and if it works will be about 25% less than the cost of buying two, plus no extra trip.

I also picked up a new flush cut router bit because I keep reaching for one that I bought a while ago and can’t find it anywhere!

Oh, and I grabbed a telescoping magnetic retriever for my work shop – after talking to so many people about how great it is to have one at the table saw in case I drop the arbor but, I realized I didn’t have one for my work saw – and it was less than $1.50, so it seemed dumb not to!

I heard and seen about the reversa blade – looking forward on some thoughts about it.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I decided to go ahead and grab that interesting double sided blade

So I wonder when it gets dull if you can just flip it around and it will be like a new blade?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lufkin has a new tape measure in a different color scheme for sure.

https://toolguyd.com/lufkin-black-widow-tape-measures-with-green-on-black-markings/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

https://toolguyd.com/lufkin-black-widow-tape-measures-with-green-on-black-markings/

I have two Lufkin tapes just like that…only without the black blade. Both are total junk after almost zero usage. The hooks get stuck on everything and have bent already (again…under extremely limited usage).

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

I decided to go ahead and grab that interesting double sided blade

So I wonder when it gets dull if you can just flip it around and it will be like a new blade?

I’m still of the thought this is an ill conceived gimmicky blade where the non-used side gets slowly dulled as you use it. Let us know what you think Charlie.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I got a new feather board for cutting on the table saw at work – especially for vertically oriented cuts. I was planning on cutting some 12’ 2x6s at 15* and I really wanted to make it safer.

Charlie

Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I got a new feather board for cutting on the table saw at work – especially for vertically oriented cuts. I was planning on cutting some 12’ 2x6s at 15* and I really wanted to make it safer.

Will you be able to use these feather boards for vertical cuts with the 2x6s? Wouldn’t you need a really tall fence (read: insanely tall) to accommodate the feather boards and still work with something so tall?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yes they were. I’m still debating whether to keep one of them or not. Or simply not open either and see if a better deal shows up that I feel suits me better. I’m not 100% sold on them, but the sale was over tomorrow so I bought them for now.

That is one thing about Cdn Tire they always have sales on. Just weather a better deal shows up.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Will you be able to use these feather boards for vertical cuts with the 2x6s? Wouldn’t you need a really tall fence (read: insanely tall) to accommodate the feather boards and still work with something so tall?

The feather boards won’t be attached to the fence holding the wood to the table, they will be attached to the table to hold the piece of wood against the fence (which I had also planned to add an auxiliary fence that would be talked too – the gts1031 fence is pretty stubby) so they’ll attach to the miter slot in the table top and provide horizontal pressure to keep the piece from twisting while I run it through vertically to get a nice 15* bevel.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have two Lufkin tapes just like that…only without the black blade. Both are total junk after almost zero usage. The hooks get stuck on everything and have bent already (again…under extremely limited usage).

Thanks for the input on the tape,, I try to stick with the FatMax now-a-days.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have two Lufkin tapes just like that…only without the black blade. Both are total junk after almost zero usage.

Guess they are thinking the black blades will help people forget the bad quality on their previous models.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

The feather boards won’t be attached to the fence holding the wood to the table, they will be attached to the table to hold the piece of wood against the fence (which I had also planned to add an auxiliary fence that would be talked too – the gts1031 fence is pretty stubby) so they’ll attach to the miter slot in the table top and provide horizontal pressure to keep the piece from twisting while I run it through vertically to get a nice 15* bevel.

I got intrigued by your post and went and found this product along with their video here….

https://www.bow-products.com/products/featherduo-double-stack-featherboard

My concern is if the upper feather board doesn’t have a proper backer support along the fence side. I’d be inclined to install a raised and properly fastened and squared backer between the stock and the fence in using this unique type of raised featherboard. Especially you are doing any kind of bevelled cut cuz once your stock has cleared the feathers, it may askew such slightly and cause a horrible throw-back or kick-back situation.

@cmeyer25

Doobie

I got intrigued by your post and went and found this product along with their video here….

https://www.bow-products.com/products/featherduo-double-stack-featherboard

My concern is if the upper feather board doesn’t have a proper backer support along the fence side. I’d be inclined to install a raised and properly fastened and squared backer between the stock and the fence in using this unique type of raised featherboard. Especially you are doing any kind of bevelled cut cuz once your stock has cleared the feathers, it may askew such slightly and cause a horrible throw-back or kick-back situation.

@cmeyer25

I do like them myself and may get a set myself. The only place in Canada I’ve found them is at Tegs Tools in Hamilton. Never seen them before.

https://www.tegstools.com/search.asp?keyword=Featherpro

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Went out and bought the wife a late Mother’s Day gift…lol

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Attachments:
    Doobie

Went out and bought the wife a late Mother’s Day gift…lol

There’s a lot of love in your castle Jim. My princess would have me shackled in the dungeon if I bought her a mower.

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,009 total)
  • The topic ‘V-24.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.991 seconds