dcsimg

V-24.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author

Woho Congratulations Charlie, another win on instagranny lol
    Looks like nice quality squares.

@DirtyWhiteBoy
    congrats DirtyWhiteBoy, definitely a nice receiver,

@wbembrid
    congrats, nice vise, great for precise positioning, you mean cheap quality, or cheaper in price?

@GTokley
    congrats on those glasses, are they just for reading, or can you use them anytime?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

You can’t win if you don’t play, lol! And IG giveaways you don’t have to pay anything, so what have you got to lose? I don’t know, I have been really lucky and won quite a few things – in fact I was supposed to have another pair of Woodpecker squares coming to me yesterday, but USPS messed something up and they’re not here yet :/

Very nice Charlie. Not a fan of Woodpecker myself just basically because of their super high pricing, but there’s no doubt it’s quality precision tools. Just don’t see the need for that kind of precision in the shop other than for machine setup. Congratz on the freebies!

It’s true – they are pretty expensive. I personally wouldn’t probably ever pay the $130 for this set, but I do appreciate having it! And I think you’re right, machine set up is he main reason I wanted them in the first place – it’s already made such a difference.

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

You can’t win if you don’t play, lol! And IG giveaways you don’t have to pay anything, so what have you got to lose? I don’t know, I have been really lucky and won quite a few things – in fact I was supposed to have another pair of Woodpecker squares coming to me yesterday, but USPS messed something up and they’re not here yet :/

Very nice Charlie. Not a fan of Woodpecker myself just basically because of their super high pricing, but there’s no doubt it’s quality precision tools. Just don’t see the need for that kind of precision in the shop other than for machine setup. Congratz on the freebies!

It’s true – they are pretty expensive. I personally wouldn’t probably ever pay the $130 for this set, but I do appreciate having it! And I think you’re right, machine set up is he main reason I wanted them in the first place – it’s already made such a difference.

Woodpecker is among a small group of manufacturers that do not compromise on quality. The pleasure you get from picking up and using these tools cannot be matched. When you have a tool in your hand from Woodpecker, Lie Nielson, Veritas, Pfiel; how often do you think “I paid too much for this”?
    EDIT: Bridge City should be on that list, too.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@dirtywhiteboy congrats DirtyWhiteBoy, definitely a nice receiver,

@wbembrid congrats, nice vise, great for precise positioning, you mean cheap quality, or cheaper in price?

@gtokley congrats on those glasses, are they just for reading, or can you use them anytime?

@BoschmanBrian
    These safety glasses are bifocals. I thought I would try them when I working outside on stuff.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

@GTokley nice, that’s a good idea, maybe you can send me the link by pm or add it here, what distance is it for reading? 18 inch or more like 2 feet.
    Can they be ordered with different strength I would believe?

Doobie

Woodpecker is among a small group of manufacturers that do not compromise on quality. The pleasure you get from picking up and using these tools cannot be matched. When you have a tool in your hand from Woodpecker, Lie Nielson, Veritas, Pfiel; how often do you think “I paid too much for this”?

For cutting tools like planes and such, I don’t mind paying a premium. But for woodworking measuring stuff, I have my limits. Maybe if I cut my own dovetails and did more handwork I’d think different, but I rarely see a need for airplane manufacturer precision/tolerances in the wood shop other than as I stated before for machine set ups.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@gtokley nice, that’s a good idea, maybe you can send me the link by pm or add it here, what distance is it for reading? 18 inch or more like 2 feet.

@Boschmanbrian
    Thanks! I thought it worth a try. The ones I got are 1.5. I just checked and they have other strengths. There is other kinds on Amazon also. Maybe you can find something that might suit you.

https://www.amazon.ca/Radians-C2-215-Bi-Focal-Reading-Glasses/dp/B000I6JVZQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1526919275&sr=8-6&keywords=bifocal+safety+glasses+1.5

https://www.amazon.ca/Radians-C2-220-Bi-Focal-Reading-Glasses/dp/B000I6OYF8/ref=pd_sbs_469_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6G1FZG8WFF913GETB160

Greg

I am looking to make some chairs & stools in the near future as a new challenge. Put an order in for a 4″ scorp and a compass plane at Highland Woodworking. Both are on backorder so I have no idea when they will arrive. Looking forward to making my first seat.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Had about 3 different problems with 3 different 16” Sola levels I bought and Sola will replace the 16 when the next shipment hits the US and sent me a 60” since they heard I was thinking of buying one but was hesitant due to the problems I had encountered with the 16 and the time it was taking to correct. Pretty slow US customer service until I was passed to the right person. Then I received stellar service. I think the distribution office sent my issue to the main retailer or something. No problems with any of the several Sola’s I own except the 16”. That one gets replaced one more time soon so fingers crossed.

j

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Had about 3 different problems with 3 different 16” Sola levels I bought and Sola will replace the 16 when the next shipment hits the US and sent me a 60” since they heard I was thinking of buying one but was hesitant due to the problems I had encountered with the 16 and the time it was taking to correct. Pretty slow US customer service until I was passed to the right person. Then I received stellar service. I think the distribution office sent my issue to the main retailer or something. No problems with any of the several Sola’s I own except the 16”. That one gets replaced one more time soon so fingers crossed.

Bummer about having so many issues, but it’s always nice when a company actually takes into account all the trouble their product has given you and goes above and beyond to make it right. And hopefully the next 16” doesn’t give you any problems.

Charlie

Instagram

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Bummer about having so many issues, but it’s always nice when a company actually takes into account all the trouble their product has given you and goes above and beyond to make it right. And hopefully the next 16” doesn’t give you any problems.

I agree. At least they do stand by their product.

j

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I am looking to make some chairs & stools in the near future as a new challenge. Put an order in for a 4″ scorp and a compass plane at Highland Woodworking. Both are on backorder so I have no idea when they will arrive. Looking forward to making my first seat.

An exciting new venture, Lon. Have you looked into a travisher for chair seats?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

@gtokley nice, that’s a good idea, maybe you can send me the link by pm or add it here, what distance is it for reading? 18 inch or more like 2 feet.

@boschmanbrian Thanks! I thought it worth a try. The ones I got are 1.5. I just checked and they have other strengths. There is other kinds on Amazon also. Maybe you can find something that might suit you.

https://www.amazon.ca/Radians-C2-215-Bi-Focal-Reading-Glasses/dp/B000I6JVZQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1526919275&sr=8-6&keywords=bifocal+safety+glasses+1.5

https://www.amazon.ca/Radians-C2-220-Bi-Focal-Reading-Glasses/dp/B000I6OYF8/ref=pd_sbs_469_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6G1FZG8WFF913GETB160

Thank you Greg, I’ll be checking them out this week,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Pretty slow US customer service until I was passed to the right person. Then I received stellar service. No problems with any of the several Sola’s I own except the 16”.

Nice to see that once you got action all was taken care of.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

An exciting new venture, Lon. Have you looked into a travisher for chair seats?

Perhaps a next step. I was trying to get experience with smaller size tools first.

@dirtywhiteboy congrats DirtyWhiteBoy, definitely a nice receiver,

@wbembrid congrats, nice vise, great for precise positioning, you mean cheap quality, or cheaper in price?

@gtokley congrats on those glasses, are they just for reading, or can you use them anytime?

@Boschmanbrian
    I was aiming for cheap in price, so far it seems reasonable for the workload I will demand of it, but time will tell on the quality.

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@boschmanbrian Thanks! I thought it worth a try. The ones I got are 1.5. I just checked and they have other strengths. There is other kinds on Amazon also. Maybe you can find something that might suit you.

Thank you Greg, I’ll be checking them out this week,

Your welcome Brian. I hope you find a pair that you like. I wore mine yesterday when I was cutting the grass and doing some yard work. I liked them.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Found this tiny Gerber pocket knife today – I’m going to see if it can replace my fastback as my daily carry.

It’s so small and I hate carrying anything in my pockets. So the smaller the better as long as it still does what I need it to. It’s not as easy to open, but I’ll see if that really bothers me at all.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Received my first 18V Makita tool today. A new trimmer. There’s another trimmer and more Makita arriving tomorrow.

Clev08
    Pro

Found this tiny Gerber pocket knife today – I’m going to see if it can replace my fastback as my daily carry.

It’s so small and I hate carrying anything in my pockets. So the smaller the better as long as it still does what I need it to. It’s not as easy to open, but I’ll see if that really bothers me at all.

That is pretty small, if you still like the fastback (as I do) they have a smaller compact version that goes for around $10 I think.

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,009 total)
  • The topic ‘V-24.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.764 seconds