dcsimg

V-24.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Received a couple of Starlock blades from Amazon today. Much more to come soon from another retailer with better prices.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Not getting any clutch chatter at the finish of the screw set like I tend to get frequently with my dewalt it seems to be a more crisp and sure dis-engagement at the finish of a drive. Full torque until there isn’t any. No chatter. It’s a keeper.

Is it a disengagement or a motor shutoff? I have had experience with air tools which shut off as the clutch begins to ratchet. There is an internal pushrod which trips the throttle then resets when you release the bit. A mechanism like that would be great for precision fastening as well as battery life.

I think it’s a disengagement. I beleive drywall screwguns use friction plates.

@xtsallad congrats, sounds like you did research, looking forward for hearing more about the screw gun and the performance, I assume those are the 2.0Ah battery packs.

Thanks guys.
    Yes, this kit has the 2.0 packs. It seems to use about two bars for the amount of screws I just did. The same unscrewing as screwing back together on site. . This is 3/4 ply exterior grade ACX ply with phenolic resin glue. layered together 2 deep with 1-1/4” spax. It’s 864 screws. I didn’t even run the dewalt gun putting them together this afternoon, just the Milwaukee and it really shines. Autostart is the way to go with these. I haven’t heard the Makita run but this is more quiet than the cordless dewalt plus it’s silent until you push in a screw. It ramps up fast right when you push. Feels about the same as the constant running motor. I think the torque is better for this plywood Han the dewalt but it seems only barely faster. Not getting any clutch chatter at the finish of the screw set like I tend to get frequently with my dewalt it seems to be a more crisp and sure dis-engagement at the finish of a drive. Full torque until there isn’t any. No chatter. It’s a keeper. I wish it were as light as the dewalt and it’s a little longer and bigger overall but still manageable. I don’t mind some length with a screwgun since it helps with being able to get good alignment with the tool perpendicular to the work surface.

No lack of workspace there. You really have lots of elbow room.

That place in the images from your quote is a massive I.M. Pei designed performance hall in downtown Dallas TX and yes, there’s a ton of elbow room there. I’m super luck in my shop as well(other images), although I don’t have nearly that much room, I do have a few thousand sq ft thanks to mommy letting me use part of her warehouse, lol.

j

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Picked up a new to me gravity rise stand, a new impact rated small bit holder (a lot like the Fastcap one I’ve been loving!) and a new blade for an upcoming project I’ll be cutting through a lot of pressure treated dimensional lumber at a steep angle.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Received a couple of Starlock blades from Amazon today. Much more to come soon from another retailer with better prices.

Those are the blades I like. Can’t beat the carbide.

Clev08
    Pro

Picked up a new to me gravity rise stand, a new impact rated small bit holder (a lot like the Fastcap one I’ve been loving!) and a new blade for an upcoming project I’ll be cutting through a lot of pressure treated dimensional lumber at a steep angle.

Is that for your miter saw or the table saw? I can’t tell from the picture without it set up, either way congrats!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I think it’s a disengagement. I beleive drywall screwguns use friction plates.

I did a bit of checking on the reviews of this tool and found that it has a magnetic clutch. The clutch looks like the positive jaw style that most drywall guns use; but it includes the auto start feature and, I imagine, the shutoff device as well. That would account for the reduction in chatter and would help a lot with battery life. Push to start and it auto shuts off when the clutch begins to disengage.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Picked up a new to me gravity rise stand,

Congrats on the new stand, gravity rise is a big improvement. Enjoy

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Those are the blades I like. Can’t beat the carbide.

I agree. They last way longer imo. First time buying the Bosch ones, largely due to now having a Starlock cordless I recently bought. I’m sure they are excellent as Bosch makes good stuff.

Doobie

Hey, what do you guys think of this kind of broom?

http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?cat=2,42194,40727&p=67402&WT.mc_id=2898_3&WT.tsrc=Email

Seems like a good idea. Anybody have brooms like this?

Attachments:

http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?cat=2,42194,40727&p=67402&WT.mc_id=2898_3&WT.tsrc=Email

Never heard or seen anything like it.

@cmeyer25
    congrats on the new to you stand, looks like it’s in decent shape

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Never heard or seen anything like it.

@cmeyer25 congrats on the new to you stand, looks like it’s in decent shape

It is! I was worried at first because the tires were flat, but the store lent me a bike pump and I got them all pumped up and they’re still holding pressure as of today. Other than that, the action is smooth, and the only problems are purely cosmetic. Makes me a happy camper!

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have never heard or have seen these types of brooms before. They look like might be alright to have. Which broom were thinking about getting?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Not sure what to think of it. I’m sure it would be handy at times. But would also be awkward at others.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

looks like amazon has a new Sharpie style marker out. A lot cheaper than Sharpie too.

http://toolguyd.com/has-amazon-made-a-good-sharpie-style-marker/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

looks like amazon has a new Sharpie style marker out. A lot cheaper than Sharpie too.

Looks pretty similar to the sharpies,
    Price is right though.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Generic sharpie. A person would have to go trough a bunch of markers to ever really feel the economic benefit at 12 1/2 cent savings per marker.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Seems to me like a lot of LV offerings; good concept but not really very practical to use. Can’t see myself running out to get one.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Busy Bee Tools had a spring sale on some clamps so I bought some to fill out my collection 🙂 I didn’t have any spring clamps, and I wanted for inline ones for a couple of jigs.

Will

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Just got a package in the mail yesterday! Microjig sent me a pair of their new dovetail clamps with rubber grips – they look awesome! I can’t wait to get to use them with some of my jigs.

I’ve wanted one of their Work Smarter shirts for a while, but I’m a medium, and tool companies only ever have larges as their smallest size – it’s really frustrating!

Charlie

Instagram

Busy Bee Tools had a spring sale on some clamps so I bought some to fill out my collection 🙂 I didn’t have any spring clamps, and I wanted for inline ones for a couple of jigs.

Congratulations, those are nice little clamps, I bought some like that from C T years ago, very practical.

@cmeyer25
    congrats Charlie, nice score, I like the t-shirt

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,009 total)
  • The topic ‘V-24.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.016 seconds