dcsimg

V-24.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author

Sometimes I gotta buy batteries.

Good thing to have, what Hitachi tools do you have?

Those will be nice in your new guns.

Rons right, I just got some new guns. The framer shoots 400 nails on a charge,, sounds good till you do the math. 25 nails in a rack 4 racks to a hundred so that’s 16 racks to a charge.

Too true on the math- most of us don’t divide it down, but cordless electricity is super convenient and cost effective over gas cylinders.

Will

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’ve got an old 8 foot fluorescent that hums loudly I’ve been meaning to swap out for years. I partly haven’t done it because the LED versions are still pricey and don’t save that much electricity compared to other LED light replacements of other types of lights. You save what? About 30% still compared to fluorescent tubes?

I still found it worthwhile for cold lighting, power savings, noise and light output for me at least.

Absolutely right, Will, IMO the power savings is the least important advantage with LED fixtures. Cold start, even light output and no noise is enough for me to switch. The 2 small ones I have in my shop so far put out better task light than the 4 big flourescents. I will be changing them all out eventually.

They still turn on instantly even after 15 years of regular use. But it’s the hum that drives me nuts if I don’t have the tunes playin. The light color is too bright actually for what I need most times also but still needed at a high brightness at times.

I’m still not sure what I’m gonna do with the lighting for this area of my shop. Been struggling with this issue a long time actually. Just not a major priority and it just keeps left on the hack burner of the to-do list.

That’s another benefit of LED – most of them are dimmable now too, so you could get the amount you want for the job you’re doing.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Good thing to have, what Hitachi tools do you have?

Those will be nice in your new guns.

Rons right, I just got some new guns. The framer shoots 400 nails on a charge,, sounds good till you do the math. 25 nails in a rack 4 racks to a hundred so that’s 16 racks to a charge.

Congrats on your new guns.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Got the Milwaukee screwgun today but only really used it to remove about 700 screws I had put in with my dewalt cordless screwgun. I am a fan of the auto start push drive and it’s really fast and quiet. The makita was available as a bare tool and it’s assembles in Buford Grogia USA. The makita dooesn’t have a collated attachment available and is 4000 rpm. The milwaukee gives 2 batteries, tool, bag, and a charger at Home Depot for 50 more at 199. The makita felt good in hand but so does the milwaukee. I like it better than the dewalt mostly for the auto start feature and secondarily for the noise level which is also reduced with the auto start feature. I’ll be using both to screw down about 7-800 screws attaching 2 layers of 15/32(18mm) plywood together tomorrow afternoon. We have to set up several stages in just a couple of hours and take them down a few houses later. I tested the screw depth setting and it has a really good adjustment. I kind of like the dewalt nose cone better and the dewalt is lighter weight but the milwaukee feels good to use overall. Good torque and lightning fast. Using it for essentially a decking application feels a little heavy on the battery end while shooting straight down so it seems to feel better to adjust the grip more into the stick handle than directly behind the motor case.

j

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Got the Milwaukee screwgun today

Nice insight on the reason you got the Milwaukee over the Makita.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@xtsallad congrats, sounds like you did research, looking forward for hearing more about the screw gun and the performance, I assume those are the 2.0Ah battery packs.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Got the Milwaukee screwgun today

Depth setting, speed, noise and auto start; very important considerations for choosing a screwgun.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

@xtsallad congrats, sounds like you did research, looking forward for hearing more about the screw gun and the performance, I assume those are the 2.0Ah battery packs.

Thanks guys.
    Yes, this kit has the 2.0 packs. It seems to use about two bars for the amount of screws I just did. The same unscrewing as screwing back together on site. . This is 3/4 ply exterior grade ACX ply with phenolic resin glue. layered together 2 deep with 1-1/4” spax. It’s 864 screws. I didn’t even run the dewalt gun putting them together this afternoon, just the Milwaukee and it really shines. Autostart is the way to go with these. I haven’t heard the Makita run but this is more quiet than the cordless dewalt plus it’s silent until you push in a screw. It ramps up fast right when you push. Feels about the same as the constant running motor. I think the torque is better for this plywood Han the dewalt but it seems only barely faster. Not getting any clutch chatter at the finish of the screw set like I tend to get frequently with my dewalt it seems to be a more crisp and sure dis-engagement at the finish of a drive. Full torque until there isn’t any. No chatter. It’s a keeper. I wish it were as light as the dewalt and it’s a little longer and bigger overall but still manageable. I don’t mind some length with a screwgun since it helps with being able to get good alignment with the tool perpendicular to the work surface.

j

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Not getting any clutch chatter at the finish of the screw set like I tend to get frequently with my dewalt it seems to be a more crisp and sure dis-engagement at the finish of a drive. Full torque until there isn’t any. No chatter. It’s a keeper.

Is it a disengagement or a motor shutoff? I have had experience with air tools which shut off as the clutch begins to ratchet. There is an internal pushrod which trips the throttle then resets when you release the bit. A mechanism like that would be great for precision fastening as well as battery life.

monman1
    Pro

Got a new to me roofing gun, but sadly it needs a rebuild.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Attachments:

Congratulations Joshua. Hitachi make some great nailers.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Congrats on the new nailer Looks like it hasn’t been beat up too badly. Hopefully just new o-rings and a cleaning.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Congrats on the new tool. Looks like a heady duty one for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Congrats on the air nail. Sorry to hear it needs a rebuild.

Greg

Clev08
    Pro

Got the Milwaukee screwgun today.

Congrats, I have not heard of many people who don’t like it, especially with the auto start feature.

The hitch ball and mount I ordered came yesterday.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I picked up a couple recip saw blades at my local Hardware store. I needed them for my plumbing job.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Interesting video on a new development in car battery jumping. This is the next step after the small LithIon jumpers that are out there now.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Interesting video on a new development in car battery jumping. This is the next step after the small LithIon jumpers that are out there now.

That guy is a character.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

That guy is a character.

Haha, yeah he definitely is, did he say that was made with solid state battery packs?
    Sounds very interesting though

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Thanks guys.
    Yes, this kit has the 2.0 packs. It seems to use about two bars for the amount of screws I just did. The same unscrewing as screwing back together on site. . This is 3/4 ply exterior grade ACX ply with phenolic resin glue. layered together 2 deep with 1-1/4” spax. It’s 864 screws. I didn’t even run the dewalt gun putting them together this afternoon, just the Milwaukee and it really shines. Autostart is the way to go with these. I haven’t heard the Makita run but this is more quiet than the cordless dewalt plus it’s silent until you push in a screw. It ramps up fast right when you push. Feels about the same as the constant running motor. I think the torque is better for this plywood Han the dewalt but it seems only barely faster. Not getting any clutch chatter at the finish of the screw set like I tend to get frequently with my dewalt it seems to be a more crisp and sure dis-engagement at the finish of a drive. Full torque until there isn’t any. No chatter. It’s a keeper. I wish it were as light as the dewalt and it’s a little longer and bigger overall but still manageable. I don’t mind some length with a screwgun since it helps with being able to get good alignment with the tool perpendicular to the work surface.

No lack of workspace there. You really have lots of elbow room.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 1,009 total)
  • The topic ‘V-24.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.151 seconds