dcsimg

V-24.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

This topic contains 600 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 6 hours, 57 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 601 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

New Toolaholic thread,, post em up your pics of newest and latest tools.
    Here’s the old thread,,,
    https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-23-0-toolaholic-public-announcement-page/page/51/

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I don’t have a pic, but I bought a new stud sensor the other day, the Franklin pro. It has a row of 13 lights, 3 of them light up where a stud is. It works much better than any I have had in the past, and is very simple to use.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I found this today at my Mom’s place. Not to crazy on the drill, but the drill bits would come in handy.

Anonymous

Got the new Milwaukee 18V heat gun

Worth getting? I mean, I know I’m not going to be bending PVC with it, but found enough uses for it to justify?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Worth getting? I mean, I know I’m not going to be bending PVC with it, but found enough uses for it to justify?

I’ve heard that it drains the batteries pretty quick

Anonymous

I’ve seen that, and that it’s just not hot enough. Just wondering if those guys weren’t expecting a little too much of it.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I found this today at my Mom’s place. Not to crazy on the drill, but the drill bits would come in handy.

Wow, that’s huge haha, but yeah definitely looks like those bits will be handy.
    I am seeing this on my phone, is that drill ni-cad?

Clev08
    Pro

Yup, it is the same shape as my dads old dewalt drill that I grew up using. It didn’t have a variable speed trigger so it was really tough to use with precision.

I got this in the mail yesterday. Really exited about adding more packout boxes to my growing collection.its by far my favorite modular system of the ones I’ve used.

I haven’t bought a Bosch laser measurer yet, so when I was at Canadian Tire on the weekend and they had their house brand one on sale for $24.99 I bought one, if it is nothing special, it claims +or – 2mm and seems ok for the rough estimation that I expect to do with it.

Will

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@clev08 Congratulations, looks like you are on a roll so to speak,
    What are the features you like the most so far

@wbembrid congrats, I saw the husky brand at home depot last month, I was so tempted to pick one up, especially for 21$, but I already have two Bosch, so I figured I would pass,
    I will be curious to hear what you think about it.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

When I used my circle cutter last i noticed the shaft was bent, it was one I inherited from my father in-law so I am not certain if he abused it or it was me(if it was me if must have been soft ). Either way I ordered a new one online and it arrived the other day but I unpacked and took a picture of it just now.

The local hardware store has had these forever, I always look at them, but have never bought one – it seems like such a smart idea, and the adjustability seems like it would save a lot of money over hole saws…but do they cut very well? And is there a pretty limited depth it can cut through? What do you use it to cut, primarily? I would think it would work really great for sheet rock, but how about plywood or dimensional lumber?

Sorry for the million questions – congrats on the new tool 🙂

Never used one either, but this is what I would expect. Saves having multiple sized other single width style hole drilling alternatives, but at the expense of cut quality and time to make a cut. The longevity of how sharp it stays and the unit itself being bent in use due to the stress and heat build up are other factors making this type of cutter of limited usefulness or durability.

Frankly, I’m not sure I’d even want one around just to be able to drill a hole in a size I don’t already have another cutter for. Kinda makes me think of how a wobble style dado cutter is comparable to stacked dado cutters.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

What’s a really good brand of level I might find at Home Depot (I understand the irony of that question). I need to buy my first level asap.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

What’s a really good brand of level I might find at Home Depot (I understand the irony of that question). I need to buy my first level asap.

Buy Stabila if finances permit, although they may not he available in HD.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Clev08
    Pro

I’ve been really happy with my Milwaukee redstick level. The vials are by far the easiest to read and all my vials are dead on. Home Depot has a deal where you get a bag with the 24 and 48” set. You also can’t go wrong with stabila, but the vials are smaller and you are going to pay a little more. If you are on a budget I’d get either Irwin or empire.

@clev08 Congratulations, looks like you are on a roll so to speak,
    What are the features you like the most so far

They seem more durable, are really easy to attach and take apart with one hand, and the size range of boxes is nice.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So far my battery usage has been about what I expected. It takes power to make heat more power than say drilling or cutting. With multiple batteries not a problem. What is nice in 10 seconds you have heat, no cord. That’s nice especially for heat shrink work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

It might be. I’ll have to look at it. I never paid attention to what kind of battery it was lol.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So far my battery usage has been about what I expected. It takes power to make heat more power than say drilling or cutting. With multiple batteries not a problem. What is nice in 10 seconds you have heat, no cord. That’s nice especially for heat shrink work.

A cordless heat gun is something I need to get. I’m not sure for what but there are times I need one and I don’t have one.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

When I used my circle cutter last i noticed the shaft was bent, it was one I inherited from my father in-law so I am not certain if he abused it or it was me(if it was me if must have been soft ). Either way I ordered a new one online and it arrived the other day but I unpacked and took a picture of it just now.

The local hardware store has had these forever, I always look at them, but have never bought one – it seems like such a smart idea, and the adjustability seems like it would save a lot of money over hole saws…but do they cut very well? And is there a pretty limited depth it can cut through? What do you use it to cut, primarily? I would think it would work really great for sheet rock, but how about plywood or dimensional lumber?

Sorry for the million questions – congrats on the new tool

Never used one either, but this is what I would expect. Saves having multiple sized other single width style hole drilling alternatives, but at the expense of cut quality and time to make a cut. The longevity of how sharp it stays and the unit itself being bent in use due to the stress and heat build up are other factors making this type of cutter of limited usefulness or durability.

Frankly, I’m not sure I’d even want one around just to be able to drill a hole in a size I don’t already have another cutter for. Kinda makes me think of how a wobble style dado cutter is comparable to stacked dado cutters.

That’s about the reason I never end up getting one…it just seems a little gimmicky, likely to break, and wouldn’t cut deep enough for most things I need to cut a hole in anyway. But if I’m wrong, I’d sure like to know!

Charlie

Instagram

Clev08
    Pro

Sorry for the million questions – congrats on the new tool

That’s about the reason I never end up getting one…it just seems a little gimmicky, likely to break, and wouldn’t cut deep enough for most things I need to cut a hole in anyway. But if I’m wrong, I’d sure like to know!

Maybe if it had two cutters that would balance out the force on the guide bit they would not bend. If you think about it that is a lot of force that is always pulling in the same direction on the bit.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Woo hoo I got a pallet today. I’ll get it out after work this afternoon.

Attachments:

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 601 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 2.657 seconds