dcsimg

V-23 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Lets see what your doing?

Link to the past one here. http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-22-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Today we finally finished the long drawn out school dormitory project. The last batch of the shutters finally arrived yesterday, and we get them hung today. The shutters were just one aspect of the work we did here. We installed all the windows, trimmed the dormers, and built the porches. Everything seemed to be tedious, complex, and always behind schedule, but after 11 months of on-and-off work, we’re done.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

More retaining wall work today. It was a short day due to rain this morning.

we should come close to finishing tomorrow.

Attachments:

Some head scratching, some sorting, some phone calls, and finally some progress!! We starting running the ducting for the ERV system in our current build. Check out my thread on it for more info or questions.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/our-next-energy-efficient-home/page/15/#post-561926

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

@BeardedCarpenter wow, that’s a great big job, looks amazing, never had a school look that good.
    Love the big Bay window.

@kurt
    @welkerhomes.com that’s a very nice looking and solid retaining wall,

@RonW
    thank you for the new thread,

As for me, looks like the start of the room won’t start just yet, the company has just to much work going on to start the renos in the room,
    I mentioned to my supervisor that he can put me on loan to the maintenance department, and I can start the room.

redwood
    Pro

That dormitory looks great Micheal. Must be a expensive school.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Did some roof sheeting, all on my own.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Today we finally finished the long drawn out school dormitory project. The last batch of the shutters finally arrived yesterday, and we get them hung today. The shutters were just one aspect of the work we did here. We installed all the windows, trimmed the dormers, and built the porches. Everything seemed to be tedious, complex, and always behind schedule, but after 11 months of on-and-off work, we’re done.

Wow that looks amazing. Very clean work. I really like the pictures. The shutter color looks terrific.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

@beardedcarpenter, haven’t seen your work for a while… Looks good!
    @kurtwelker-homes, that looks good…. All done with an excavator?

@woodsconstruction
    , roof sheathing alone sucks… What’s your trick for setting the first sheet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Back on site today, getting the last few duct lines installed for the make up air and doing a bit of insulating.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Everything seemed to be tedious, complex, and always behind schedule, but after 11 months of on-and-off work, we’re done.

Well it may have been tedious but it sure came out great. Looks very nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Built the leg assemblies for an L shaped sofa table (behind the L couch table) by combining a lot of Birch offcuts.

Tomorrow, I will install the stretcher/shelf (won’t be visible without moving the couch), will be seasonal decor storage. I think I will just use a 2X6 for that, but I might have to put a 2×4 on end below it (think I beam) to reduce flex. It will be 11ft span, and sag will be an issue, even with no real weight ever going on it.

Top will be 1-1/4 sugar maple

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Did some roof sheeting, all on my own.

Doing roof sheathing alone will make for a long day. That first run is no fun at all.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

@beardedcarpenter, haven’t seen your work for a while… Looks good!
    @kurtwelker-homes, that looks good…. All done with an excavator?
    @woodsconstruction, roof sheathing alone sucks… What’s your trick for setting the first sheet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My little mini will handle the blocks down low and in close. As we went up we set them with a Skid loader then the Telehandler. We dug the base out with the Mini and used it to level the fill we dumped over the wall at the top.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I just spent 2 days ripping all this cedar up for birdhouses. It is the most I have cut at one time .

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I just spent 2 days ripping all this cedar up for birdhouses. It is the most I have cut at one time .

I bet your yard and shop smell great right now. That is a lot of work!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That’s a lot of birdhouses, John! Will you need to do any more before winter?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That’s a lot of birdhouses, John! Will you need to do any more before winter?

I will eat up this pile for the Christmas holidays and then ill cut up a new batch for the winter months . My house smells like cedar now 🙂

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man that is amazing John. That was a lot of cutting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Going to try to finish up on the temp work for my gate area of my fencing today. Just gonna do what is necessary for the bylaw inspector/officer to close the file on us and do what I really want when time permits down the road.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘V-23 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.738 seconds