dcsimg

V-23.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 1,006 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My order from Infinity cutting tools arrived today…I got a crown molding spring angle cutter that cuts both 38 and 52* at the same time. I also got a “mega dado/planer bit”, which is 2” in diameter…and weighes a metric ton. I’ll be using it to flatten slabs during some sheduled down time. I also bought a 1/2” router shank extension to use in conjunction with the planing bit.

That planer/dado bit is a good size to weigh a metric ton. LOL! I looking forward how you like.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I got some omt tool blades and Bosch vac090ah vacuum

@masterbosch Any idea what the H is for on the model number? I have the VAC090A, which has been a pretty good vac all things considered.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@jponto07 h stands for hepa filter.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@jponto07 h stands for hepa filter.

Thanks! I didn’t realize Bosch shipped the vac with a HEPA filter now.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Not sure if it counts as a tool, but i ordered a Peet boot drier, to hopefully keep my Keen boots from smelling so bad. I think they just never fully dry out over night, and my feet sweat some.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Scored some goodys from the store today. Blending some more red in with all the blue. I’m still not sure I shouldn’t have waited for the gen 2 Fuel drill kits to be available any time now. I was just going to get the stapler. Was possibly going to get the fuel hammer drill for a compact travel kit so don’t have to travel with an 18v hammer drill or a rotary hammer. HD has the fuel gen 1 hammer drill in the holiday aisle with a Packout case for $99. Ended up getting a fuel kit with hammer drill and impact for 199 because then the stapler was free…. I juastified it as the same cost as the two tools and the impact is free, plus the 4ah battery that I’ll never use except maybe in my hammervac. Then I went to Lowes for some other things and ended up with some Bosch accessories and 12v light. Not in the picture is a rolling TSTAK set that Lowes has for 59. It was normally 119.

j

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like a new drill accessory kit from Dewalt that is compatible with the T-Stack.

http://toolguyd.com/dewalt-t-stak-drawer-power-tool-accessory-set-h2017/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Scored some goodys from the store today. Blending some more red in with all the blue. I’m still not sure I shouldn’t have waited for the gen 2 Fuel drill kits to be available any time now. I was just going to get the stapler. Was possibly going to get the fuel hammer drill for a compact travel kit so don’t have to travel with an 18v hammer drill or a rotary hammer. HD has the fuel gen 1 hammer drill in the holiday aisle with a Packout case for $99. Ended up getting a fuel kit with hammer drill and impact for 199 because then the stapler was free…. I juastified it as the same cost as the two tools and the impact is free, plus the 4ah battery that I’ll never use except maybe in my hammervac. Then I went to Lowes for some other things and ended up with some Bosch accessories and 12v light. Not in the picture is a rolling TSTAK set that Lowes has for 59. It was normally 119.

@xtsallad, Nice haul and some smart shopping there. I have been interested in the Bosch light you bought. I am interested in any comments you have on it.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

My wet/dry bags came in today 25 of them 🙂

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

@xtsallad, Nice haul and some smart shopping there. I have been interested in the Bosch light you bought. I am interested in any comments you have on it.

I recently got the 18vGLI-1900 light first and then bought this one to use with it to fill shadows since the 18v one is so bright and can create pretty high contrast between lit areas and shadowed areas. I Love both and at $30 the 12v is a no brainer for me after using it. It’s like when I got my first impact driver. I can’t figure out why I didn’t get it sooner and can’t imagine how I did any work before I got it. You can lay it on it’s side and get several up/down positions, you can stand it up on the battery base or you can hang it from it’s built in hook. No magnet but that hasn’t bothered me yet.

j

I Love both and at $30 the 12v is a no brainer for me after using it. It’s like when I got my first impact driver. I can’t figure out why I didn’t get it sooner and can’t imagine how I did any work before I got it. You can lay it on it’s side and get several up/down positions, you can stand it up on the battery base or you can hang it from it’s built in hook. No magnet but that hasn’t bothered me yet.

Thanks for the info! I agree that there are times when the larger lights are too much light. I was pretty sure I was going to get one of the new 12 volts. With your report, it is a certainty now. The ability to lay it on it’s side with multiple positions was one thing that interested me. Didn’t even realize there was a built-in hook which is a nice plus.

@Masterbosch nice haul Ibrahim, congrats, that’s going to keep stocked for a while.

@xtsallad congrats those are some nice tools and accessories you scored,
    Good deal for the light,
    That’s the new Bosch bit box right?
    That’s the exact one I’m looking at.
    Hopefully I can pick it up around the big box stores near me soon.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Not sure if it counts as a tool, but i ordered a Peet boot drier, to hopefully keep my Keen boots from smelling so bad. I think they just never fully dry out over night, and my feet sweat some.

I have had one for years and use it regularly on shoes and boots. You will not be disappointed

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

I Love both and at $30 the 12v is a no brainer for me after using it. It’s like when I got my first impact driver. I can’t figure out why I didn’t get it sooner and can’t imagine how I did any work before I got it. You can lay it on it’s side and get several up/down positions, you can stand it up on the battery base or you can hang it from it’s built in hook. No magnet but that hasn’t bothered me yet.

Thanks for the info! I agree that there are times when the larger lights are too much light. I was pretty sure I was going to get one of the new 12 volts. With your report, it is a certainty now. The ability to lay it on it’s side with multiple positions was one thing that interested me. Didn’t even realize there was a built-in hook which is a nice plus.

I certainly don’t regret buying it. The price is great for what it is. If I could only get one between the 18v and the 12v I would get the 12v. You can bring it in closer to your work and can afford 2 for less than one of the 18v gli 1900.

j

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

@masterbosch nice haul Ibrahim, congrats, that’s going to keep stocked for a while.

@xtsallad congrats those are some nice tools and accessories you scored,
    Good deal for the light,
    That’s the new Bosch bit box right?
    That’s the exact one I’m looking at.
    Hopefully I can pick it up around the big box stores near me soon.

Yes, They had them at a local Lowe’s along with a pretty good selection of the bit clips and other items from the custom case series. The box was about $6. The 1” bits in a clip were around the same price and the 2” were ~$7. I had bought a 48 piece from this series from Amazon a while back and was very impressed. Glad to see it in a store near me. I use the milwaukee cases a lot and they’re a little more efficient, meaning I can fit more bits into a similar sized case but I like the bosch clips that are easily removeable. I hope Bosch comes out with a pocket clip that these case clips can snap into. Or, maybe something that can fasten to a driver’s belt hook threads. I heard that they may.

j

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

This showed up on the FedEx truck today, looking forward to adding them to my toolbelt!Not sure if I’ll use the straight ones much, I generally use red and green to do all my cutting.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Makita’s cordless coffee maker is on sale. Pretty neat for the job site.

http://toolguyd.com/makita-cordless-coffee-maker-for-38/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Makita’s cordless coffee maker is on sale. Pretty neat for the job site.

http://toolguyd.com/makita-cordless-coffee-maker-for-38/

That is pretty neat too. Might be good to take camping or even if the power goes out.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I recently got the 18vGLI-1900 light first and then bought this one to use with it to fill shadows since the 18v one is so bright and can create pretty high contrast between lit areas and shadowed areas. I Love both and at $30 the 12v is a no brainer for me after using it. It’s like when I got my first impact driver. I can’t figure out why I didn’t get it sooner and can’t imagine how I did any work before I got it. You can lay it on it’s side and get several up/down positions, you can stand it up on the battery base or you can hang it from it’s built in hook. No magnet but that hasn’t bothered me yet.

Now you have me thinking. I was considering another FL12 but after your comments I’ll have another look at the new 12v. Thanks for the mini review.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I looked at the TSTAK boxes. I almost got them but I am finding the plastic boxes crack in the cold weather. Not sure what I will end up with. Right now I am hauling my everyday tools in the bag that came with my Bosch saw-zall .

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 1,006 total)
  • The topic ‘V-23.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.689 seconds