dcsimg

V-23.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

This topic contains 78 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  smallerstick 49 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

dirtywhiteboy

You’re thread’s breaking. Time for Toolaholic V23.

Here’s the new thread,, post up pics of your new tools.
    Here’s the old one.
    https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-22-0-toolaholic-public-announcement-page/

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Splinter guards for my track saw rails… not glamorous, but necessary! The ones that are on both of my tracks currently are chewed up and have slid about 1/8″ away from the blade.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Apparently DeWalt over at Home Depot, has a Dewalt 18V drill and impact driver combo kit, DCK235C, and it’s on sale for $99, but it is NiCad.

http://toolguyd.com/people-are-buying-this-99-dewalt-18v-nicd-cordless-drill-and-impact-driver-combo-kit/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Splinter guards for my track saw rails… not glamorous, but necessary! The ones that are on both of my tracks currently are chewed up and have slid about 1/8″ away from the blade.

Slid….I thought the edges just wear away like that.

Kevin.

Gotta be done sometimes – How often do you replace yours? I’m on my second one since May

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

This was delivered today. First impressions, a bit heavier than I expected, but well balanced.VERY smooth running! Feels like an extremely well built tool. I love the blade clamp/release mechanism.
    Looking forward to putting it to work next week!

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

This was delivered today. First impressions, a bit heavier than I expected, but well balanced.VERY smooth running! Feels like an extremely well built tool. I love the blade clamp/release mechanism.

Congrats Brian. I’m looking at that as a redemption once I get an 18V Starlock OMT. Tired of my old corded recip.

Kevin.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

First impressions, a bit heavier than I expected, but well balanced.VERY smooth running! Feels like an extremely well built tool.

That looks like a winner!! It has the same shape as the DeWalt one.

Dirty

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I don’t know how that would be possible…the blade is held at a consistent distance from the track itself, so the only explanation is that the rubber itself moved, right?

Gotta be done sometimes – How often do you replace yours? I’m on my second one since May

This will be the first replacement for either of my tracks. They are probably 4-5 years old, but aren’t used a ton. I’m sure that the replacement is far overdue though!

Jon P.
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

so the only explanation is that the rubber itself moved, right?

My rubber never movers at all.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This was delivered today. First impressions, a bit heavier than I expected, but well balanced.VERY smooth running!

I am saving for one of those so looking forward to your impression once you use it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

so the only explanation is that the rubber itself moved, right?

My rubber never movers at all.

Ha, well I’m not sure they moved, but there is a gap between the edge of the blade kerf and the rubber strip nonetheless. Maybe the kerf on the Diablo blades I use is thinner than the original Makita blade?

Jon P.
    Instagram

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I don’t know how that would be possible…the blade is held at a consistent distance from the track itself, so the only explanation is that the rubber itself moved, right?

I always thought it was simply wearing away from the particulates it is sawing acting like a sandpaper of sorts wearing away the edge of the track.

Looking at one of my track’s edges, I can see a delienation of the plastic strip from where the saw never plunges into hardly versus the rest of the strip. Can’t say this inconclusively proves it is due to particulate/waste wear causing this, but that’s my theory. FWIW.

Kevin.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Maybe the kerf on the Diablo blades I use is thinner than the original Makita blade?

Pleas never use a diablo red blade on a Mikita saw,, stick with Tenryu or Mitsushita.

Dirty

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

Got some yellow accessories

Attachments:

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Congrats. Looking forward very much to reading your first review/impressions of this one.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. -- Red Green

Congrats! That looks like it will do some serious business.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Maybe the kerf on the Diablo blades I use is thinner than the original Makita blade?

Pleas never use a diablo red blade on a Mikita saw,, stick with Tenryu or Mitsushita.

Why is that @dirtywhiteboy? I’m a big fan of Forrest blades, but I can’t quite justify a $110 blade from my track saw…just don’t use it enough. Diablo isn’t my first choice (for any application) but they seem to be doing just fine.

Jon P.
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I placed an order with Acme yesterday, they had a Veterans Day sale. Got the new Milwaukee 18V heat gun, 12V soldering tool and crown stapler, and a new hammer. Everything in stock but the soldering tool. Free shipping too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I placed an order with Acme yesterday, they had a Veterans Day sale. Got the new Milwaukee 18V heat gun, 12V soldering tool and crown stapler, and a new hammer. Everything in stock but the soldering tool. Free shipping too.

Nice buy Bill. I had seen they had an 11% off Veterans day sale. Have seen talk about maybe a 15% off black Friday sale so I held off.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.722 seconds