dcsimg

V-22 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author

Thank you for the info Lon. I’ll have to see who carries them but sounds like it will have to be ordered. Anybody knows who carries them?

Try a Woodcraft store or woodcraft.com Bill. Not cheap but I sure was impressed.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Finished a pocket door then went to town on casings in the basement today. Should have them all down in a couple hours tomorow.

Nice choice of blades! I’ve been using the Chopmaster on my miter for quite a while now. It cuts like a dream! What tooth count did you go with Lon?

I have the Chopmaster also and it makes flawless cuts (no splintering) on the miter saw. I thought I would try the Woodworker II as others thought highly of it. I first purchased a standard kerf 40 tooth blade that would handle 2″ thick plus stock as I was cutting some thicker boards. I liked that one so well I thought I would try the thin kerf for thinner stock and ordered the 48 tooth blade. As an FYI, these blades will rip and crosscut in your table saw. I am able to rip straight edges and able to glue directly without jointing.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Today we started a new job. It’s two cupolas that going on an existing building in a municipal park in a nearby city. The cupolas are small, only about 7 ft tall, but complex. It should be an interesting project. We’re building the cupolas in the shop, then we’ll crane them onto the building.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Got our floor deck on at the addition, and then we tore out some old plaster/lath/insulation at the other addition. Came home a filthy mess.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Some perimeter caulking from today at 26 stories on high rise. Practice makes ….er close to perfect?

That’s an operational window. The caulking is the precast to metal off white.

A Working Pro since 2004

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Nice choice of blades! I’ve been using the Chopmaster on my miter for quite a while now. It cuts like a dream! What tooth count did you go with Lon?

I have the Chopmaster also and it makes flawless cuts (no splintering) on the miter saw. I thought I would try the Woodworker II as others thought highly of it. I first purchased a standard kerf 40 tooth blade that would handle 2″ thick plus stock as I was cutting some thicker boards. I liked that one so well I thought I would try the thin kerf for thinner stock and ordered the 48 tooth blade. As an FYI, these blades will rip and crosscut in your table saw. I am able to rip straight edges and able to glue directly without jointing.

This is the 40T blade that will rip and crosscut or the 48T? I’m looking for a top quality blade for my table saw at the moment…the 30T glueline Freud industrial blade is great, but not quite a glue line..

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

more retaining wall today but I did not get photo’s before I left the site. we are about 2/3 done. the other guys were finishing up the framing on one of our builds. this morning I also sprayed some mill work and toot it to the site where it will be installed.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

today was back at hanging and trimming doors along with filling in some missing baseboard.. as of right now im told the move in date is in 17 days. we need the kitchen completed the master bath vanity installed along with a decision made as to who is installing the master closet.. the kitchen guys or me. i need to install oak trim aroiund the upstairs window inserts,,, however we dont have the oak yet. and im still missing 3 doors

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

This is the 40T blade that will rip and crosscut or the 48T? I’m looking for a top quality blade for my table saw at the moment…the 30T glueline Freud industrial blade is great, but not quite a glue line..

Forrest claims both blades will do well at each task and my experience has me agreeing. I have been able to glue directly from cuts from each blade.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Got the drawers built and fitted this morning.

Looks like a nice cabinet. Where will it go?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Today we started a new job. It’s two cupolas that going on an existing building in a municipal park in a nearby city. The cupolas are small, only about 7 ft tall, but complex. It should be an interesting project. We’re building the cupolas in the shop, then we’ll crane them onto the building.

That is cool , I love working on stuff like that .
    I am doing my least favourite job for the next few days .Ripping sticks 🙁

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I have the cedar rough milled so I am starting on the table for my Big Green Egg today.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Cleaned up the thickness planer and put the best edged blades I have on hand into it. I thought I had a new set, but I was mistaken.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Got the drawers built and fitted this morning.

Looks like a nice cabinet. Where will it go?

Thanks 🙂 It’s a dresser for a family with two little girls. They asked me to build that and a bookshelf – I’ll be dropping them off tonight.

Charlie

Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Got all the casing done today that goes in the basement. even got it all ready for the painter, All my joints are sanded and all my nails are set.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Started on getting the slabs prepared. Got one edge cut on 2 slabs that will be the middle of the table. Clamped them up together so I can plane the mating surfaces together. Had to stop for the day. Not used to working hard. There is a bit of cupping that I will have to deal with soon.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Back on the road again today, heading back to Fort mcMurray to finish up the work at the pipeline site.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Help another GC trim out doors, baseboards ect….

Amazing how different two guys can go about installing the same things.
    I am way more of a stickler. lol I set up the laser in the hall and he refused to take advantage of it. Not even for closet cleats. LOL

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Spent to day recouping from the drive home from Chicago last night.
    What’s up with all the darn toll hwy’s in the city? It was crazy. Having to stop 3 and 4 times on the same darn road to pay toll’s. Is this something all northern people have to deal with?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘V-22 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.147 seconds