dcsimg

V-22 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

Just got this sign back from my painting neighbor. It’s being picked up tomorrow.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Attachments:
    Doobie

Finished a stretch of panels. Finally came up with a way to connect the new fence to the old plastic fence. We will likely have to replace that Eon plastic fence from 10 years ago at some point. It’s not held up as well as we had hoped and we can’t get parts for it.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Finished up my deck rails, got restocked on nails, and fixed a few tools/hoses.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Soffit and fascia work. Got most of it done. All the high stuff is done now.

I thought it was a one story house???
    What do you cut the aluminum with?

Ha! It is but the back is a look out basement and the great room is 11′ ceiling. So it was 16-17 feet off the ground.

We use a circular saw with a home made cutting table and snips. Pretty basic. @dirtywhiteboy

How do you get way up there??

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Took a Saturday off yesterday. Sure was nice.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NJ Builder welcome back haven’t seen you on here for a while.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Long time no see! What have you been up to @njbuilder?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Just got this sign back from my painting neighbor. It’s being picked up tomorrow.

Between the 2 of you Mark, you are turning out awesome signs. What type of clear coat are you putting on the finished sign if any?

redwood
    Pro

Between the 2 of you Mark, you are turning out awesome signs. What type of clear coat are you putting on the finished sign if any?

Thanks Lon

I sprayed on 3 coats of Spar Urethane after I took that picture.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Soffit and fascia work. Got most of it done. All the high stuff is done now.

I thought it was a one story house???
    What do you cut the aluminum with?

Ha! It is but the back is a look out basement and the great room is 11′ ceiling. So it was 16-17 feet off the ground.

We use a circular saw with a home made cutting table and snips. Pretty basic. @dirtywhiteboy

How do you get way up there??

Our lift with the cage, 16′ pick ran over to an extension ladder with a ladder jack @DirtyWhiteBoy. We can run approx 24′ at a time and move it fairly quickly.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Shot from Friday

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

Finally came up with a way to connect the new fence to the old plastic fence.

Somepics of that final panel and how I finished it to old fence.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Great solution to your attachment issue Doobie, and the new fence panels look great!

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The fence looks nice Kevin. What did you use to join the two?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Continued the glueup process for the layers of the bandsaw that I am making from Matthias’s plans. See a few pics. That’s layers 0, 1, and 2 glued up now. There are 9 layers total for me plus a few more pieces. Been a fun build so far. Plans are very thorough and I’d highly recommend them.

Doobie

The fence looks nice Kevin. What did you use to join the two?

I used 4 lag bolts spaced 20 inches apart recessed into the style and spaced it away from the old fence using Deck-2-wall spacers. I posted some pics of that here in this previous post.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-22-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/page/48/#post-560900

I’m glad I sat on this for about 4-5 days and thought it thru as I had another idea using 4X4 which wouldn’t have looked nearly as mice. I was also trying to avoid adding another post right beside the old fence as that would have been a lot more work and wouldn’t have looked right eiher imo.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Just built a simple step/landing at the bottom of my stairs going from my little side deck to big back deck. It also covers a big eye sore where the asphalt was pretty nasty.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

yesterday i framed up a 12x 12 deck for a friend, this morning was spent installing the decking.. ill probbaly be back there wednesday evening focusing on the stairs so we can get up and down seeing as its 5′ off the ground

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That came out very nice Doobie! The thinking it through paid off.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Finished my workbench build today…. finally!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘V-22 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.806 seconds