dcsimg

V-22 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author

@overanalyze very nicely done Andrew,
    I’m sure she is very appreciative of your work.

@woodman_412
    wow Dan, that looks great, excellent work as usual.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Got the drop ceiling in the reception area finished yesterday.

Looks good Ron, I hope you didn’t have to install it with all those desks and furniture in there. The receptionist can stay to give you a hand.

Thanks Mark. I have been fighting with desks and filing cabinets for months now.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Finally got a chance to change our cheap dryers vent,
    Anyone do yourself a favor, it’s very dangerous for dryers vent fires

Clean out, or even replace if you can with a better option,

Wow that’s a bunch of lint. I’m surprised your dryer was even drying.

Ron

Finally got a chance to change our cheap dryers vent,
    Anyone do yourself a favor, it’s very dangerous for dryers vent fires

Clean out, or even replace if you can with a better option,

Wow that’s a bunch of lint. I’m surprised your dryer was even drying.

Yeah, it’s more my mother in law who was using it, until I condemned it, I told her no not safe and unplugged it about a month ago, , , it should dry the clothes in record time now.

Hey Ron nice job on the dropped ceiling buy the way, did you use your laser again? Some nice work you have been doing.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Hey Ron nice job on the dropped ceiling buy the way, did you use your laser again? Some nice work you have been doing.

Thanks Brian. Yea I used my GRL400H. Not really what it’s meant to be used for, but it works so why not.

Ron

Thanks Brian. Yea I used my GRL400H. Not really what it’s meant to be used for, but it works so why not.

Your welcome Ron,
    Hey it may not be what it was intended to be for, but being a pro like yourself Ron, you find ways to use the tools for different installs and it speeds up or makes it easier, that’s what it’s all about.

Nice pictures, what projects do you have lined up next.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I got all the door drilled for the hinges in the shop this morning and then got them installed along with the hardware. Still have a few fluted filler strips to put in and the sink false panel but the kitchen is just about done. I’m going to be starting on trim work tomorrow.

Kitchen looks great!

Today I did a whole bunch of back framing and punch list items.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I got a call about a leaking vent line yesterday…and when I went to check it out today, I discovered an exploded 2″ PVC vent pipe that the roofers messed up. Apparently they twisted the pipe from the rooftop so aggressively that it snapped a 90* elbow.

I pulled out my 12v reciprocating saw, removed the busted fitting and re piped a short section and things were as good as new. The janitor said the bathroom had smelled bad for several months! Somehow it had only just recently started to leak!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Wow I see cast iron issues but not PVC.

I still am working on the railings. Black slippery plastic. Cant see my dam pencil marks.

The stair kits were a major hassle. I needed to remove an already placed tread to get the angle on the drill at the bottom of the rail. Even with offset and flexible bits.

Now she wants a gate, a small slab and lights under the hand rail and treads.

Never did those yet, should be interesting.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.
    DirtyWhiteBoy wrote:

I got the ceiling grids up and the lights installed at the office today. Still have a little wiring to finish up in the morning.

Man How does that look all up and installed??? If only we had a pic…

Sorry Dirty, I will get some today.

Man that looks great, I have never done that drop grids before. I have no idea how it’s done.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ
    DirtyWhiteBoy wrote:

I got the ceiling grids up and the lights installed at the office today. Still have a little wiring to finish up in the morning.

Man that looks great, I have never done that drop grids before. I have no idea how it’s done.

A perimeter angle gets nailed or screwed to the wall, then you have main supports 12 ft long which you can extend with couplings. In between those are segments either 4ft or 2ft. All of the pieces have slot perforations at 1ft increments so you can shift your grid accordingly. In general you should support the ceiling every 4ft. Eye hook/lags get screwed to the ceiling and you suspend the grid by a heavy wire into holes punched into the grid rails.

I enjoy them once in a blue moon.

Did a drywall suspended ceiling once too.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

While they were here I mentioned to them if they want to get rid of some mulch I would gladly take some .

Good deal John, that ought to last a long time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn
    DirtyWhiteBoy wrote:

Thanks Dirty. I hadn’t ether before this one. It’s really not that hard. Worst part is getting it laid out.

Did a drywall suspended ceiling once too.

I bet that wasn’t much fun.

Ron

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Today I have to empty out my new green house .It is getting shipped about a half hour away .

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I got all the door drilled for the hinges in the shop this morning and then got them installed along with the hardware. Still have a few fluted filler strips to put in and the sink false panel but the kitchen is just about done. I’m going to be starting on trim work tomorrow.

Dan,
    The kitchen looks great. Will the false panel be held in place by screws from behind?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Today I have to empty out my new green house .It is getting shipped about a half hour away .

@cranbrook2
    How you shipping the greenhouse? Will you need one of those wide load trailers?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

@cranbrook2,
    How you shipping the greenhouse? Will you need one of those wide load trailers?

I have some Amish friends that are going to move it .They build and ship sheds all the time . This will be a piece of cake for them .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Did you sell it already?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

. I try to return things in as good, or better shape than when I got them.

I do the same thing, it’s just the right thing to do.

Did you sell it already?

Expanding the business?

Doobie

You gonna build another one John? Is that one going to your son’s place?

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘V-22 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.773 seconds