dcsimg

V-22 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Metal siding on the pole barn.

Man this one would have been a good pic!!

While installing a stainless sink, is managed to cut the crap out of my thumb. It bled for a good 30 minutes despite a tourniquet. At this point it’s numb and throbbing all at the same time…yay.

Don’t really believe this one happened with out a pic!

Started setting the posts and then the deck railings.

Another lost opportunity for a good pic..

I got the ceiling grids up and the lights installed at the office today. Still have a little wiring to finish up in the morning.

Man How does that look all up and installed??? If only we had a pic…

Hmm…are you trying to say something @DirtyWhiteBoy ??

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

redwood
    Pro

Hmm…are you trying to say something @dirtywhiteboy ??

How about a pic of DWB at his keyboard?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well @woodman_412 didn’t let us down nor did @ChadM And @svensshutters has a shinny new pickup…But yea I really like the pics the most.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hmm…are you trying to say something @dirtywhiteboy ??

How about a pic of DWB at his keyboard?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I got the laminate flooring finished up today.

Floor came out really nice. Like the dark color.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn
    DirtyWhiteBoy wrote:

I got the ceiling grids up and the lights installed at the office today. Still have a little wiring to finish up in the morning.

Man How does that look all up and installed??? If only we had a pic…

Sorry Dirty, I will get some today.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Nice rides everyone, looks like some peeps are moving up. I wish my wife would let me get another bike, sold mine when she told me she was pregnant. Should have kept it. Everyone is getting something new, and I took a step back to save a little change. It even has a millennial anti-theft device.

@svensshutters
    Nice ride Sven.
    Even though I’m lumped in with “The Boomers” I have never mastered the “millennial anti-theft device” LOL

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I got the laminate flooring finished up today. The kitchen cabinet doors are supposed to be in tomorrow so hopefully I can get the kitchen finished up after they arrive and then on to trim work.

saw the video of the jig in use, man the way you have it set up is a game changer.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Then the day got better because I went and picked this up and took the long, roundabout way getting home with her.

Congrats Chad, that would make any day go better, enjoy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Was up at the sister in laws, helped cut down half dozen sugar maple saplings that were 12 – 15 ft tall. If left alone these things grow and spread like weeds.

What about the lumber? Were you able to save it?

Unfortunately these were no larger than 4-6″ in diameter.
    All I saved was a good walking stick. Just need to give it the @jimdaddyo BLO treatment. 😉

i didn’t realize you were heading up there to do that, why didn’t you swing by my place and picked up the chain saw?

Dam, That would have made short work of those trees in no time. All I had was hand saw and 6lb ax.

— Glenn Botting

Sanding and more sanding, I am working on 3 more of the wine racks, similar to the one I did for my wife (I will include a pic of the original for DWB) and doing 3 at once, while efficient for cutting and jig usage is bloody annoying while doing the hand sanding! I just finished sanding then I wet the parts to raise the grain, and now sanding again…

Will

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Was up at the sister in laws, helped cut down half dozen sugar maple saplings that were 12 – 15 ft tall. If left alone these things grow and spread like weeds.

What about the lumber? Were you able to save it?

Unfortunately these were no larger than 4-6″ in diameter.
    All I saved was a good walking stick. Just need to give it the @jimdaddyo BLO treatment. 😉

i didn’t realize you were heading up there to do that, why didn’t you swing by my place and picked up the chain saw?

Dam, That would have made short work of those trees in no time. All I had was hand saw and 6lb ax.

lol why do you have to do everything the old school way!!! i even had a sawzall that you could’ve taken them down with.

Doobie

Tired of looking at this light most mornings that the pooched daylight sensor doesn’t turn off.

I also have a ceiling fan that I need to swap out. Gonna try to get those updated today.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Tired of looking at this light most mornings that the pooched daylight sensor doesn’t turn off.

I also have a ceiling fan that I need to swap out. Gonna try to get those updated today.

@Doobie,
    You putting in a new sensor or ripping the light out?

I’ve never been a big fan of the drop down fans, prefer the hugger style.

— Glenn Botting

Doobie

Just a new sensor. The old one pooched out years ago.

What do you mean about ‘hugger style’. This is for our master bedroom. Just to move around the hot air late in the day that moves up there after a long hot day. Our master is not that big, so a smaller one is preferred.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It even has a millennial anti-theft device.

LOL on the anti-theft device. Nice truck Sven, congrats.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

What do you mean about ‘hugger style’. This is for our master bedroom. Just to move around the hot air late in the day that moves up there after a long hot day. Our master is not that big, so a smaller one is preferred.

@Doobie,
    Hugger style is motor and blade housing mount right to the ceiling, no drop down at all. I always found that if the blades are off balance the complete fan will rock.

— Glenn Botting

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Getting the wood delivered for heating. A couple of truck loads. Moved a bit of it and have already found a few little pieces of walnut that I tucked away into the shop. Hit the pool as it is so humid and called it a day. I think there is going to be about 80 yards of wood all together. Ought to heat me for 2 years and cost me $650. It is all scrap slab wood and cut offs from a Mennonite mill. Mostly maple and oak this time.

Edit for the obligatory photo….it’s wood, and it is definitely going to be work to move and stack. So yeah, Woodwork. Got a few wheel barrow loads moved, then fell into the pool.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

@doobie,
    Hugger style is motor and blade housing mount right to the ceiling, no drop down at all. I always found that if the blades are off balance the complete fan will rock.

OK. I get what you mean now. Haven’t tackled the fan yet. But I did get the new sensor done!

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘V-22 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.544 seconds