dcsimg

V-22.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

yesterday i walked into home depot and noticed they had almost all their bostich nailers marked down 75%. several were already gone.. but thye had 1 coil siding nailer left… $360 down to 88… i didnt get it there and then but went back later that day and grabbed it.

my gc has 5 coil nailers that we use for fence boards… cedar shingles, clapboard type siding and underlay however 3 of them are in really really rough shape.. so i figured cant hurt to have my own gun for times when all the guns are in use… and this way i dont have to fight wiht a banged up nailer

What size nails does that coil nailer shoot up to .

1 1/4″ to 2 1/2″ , for the amount we use that type of gun its beneficial for me ot have it.. plus it has a built in rafter hook.. the company guns dont have hooks which drives me bat shit crazy… and also…me not sending it to joe is payback lol for teh green buddy he said he’d sell me but didnt

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Big day. Got a wood vise screw, a frame saw and a Stanley 45 plane at an antique market and then ordered the Makita 18v router kit with systainer and plunge base

Congratulations Eric, sounds like you are already adding on the Makita cordless, very good choice.
    Looking forward to hearing what you think about that router. And of course those other tools.

Thanks Brian. The corded Makita was so awesome I thought I could give hem a chance. Plus, they come with systainers. I prefer my tools in a box system

yesterday i walked into home depot and noticed they had almost all their bostich nailers marked down 75%. several were already gone.. but thye had 1 coil siding nailer left… $360 down to 88… i didnt get it there and then but went back later that day and grabbed it.

my gc has 5 coil nailers that we use for fence boards… cedar shingles, clapboard type siding and underlay however 3 of them are in really really rough shape.. so i figured cant hurt to have my own gun for times when all the guns are in use… and this way i dont have to fight wiht a banged up nailer

What size nails does that coil nailer shoot up to .

1 1/4″ to 2 1/2″ , for the amount we use that type of gun its beneficial for me ot have it.. plus it has a built in rafter hook.. the company guns dont have hooks which drives me bat shit crazy… and also…me not sending it to joe is payback lol for teh green buddy he said he’d sell me but didnt

He going to be mad at you . I always wanting one but don’t install wood siding .

Always willing to learn .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

ordered the Makita 18v router kit with systainer and plunge base

congrats eric. that’s sure a nice kit. does it include any batteries?
    looking forward to some pictures.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very nice post – definitely looking forward to the milwaukee stapler. Curious what we will see in 2018

Waiting for info on the stapler as well. Milwaukee has released the cordless heat gun but not the cordless soldering tool or the cordless stapler.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Big day. Got a wood vise screw, a frame saw and a Stanley 45 plane at an antique market and then ordered the Makita 18v router kit with systainer and plunge base

Oh man, what a good day. I hope you are planning on posting a couple of pics. Great finds, congrats.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Oh man, what a good day. I hope you are planning on posting a couple of pics. Great finds, congrats.

Right now, its all in a pile in my garage as I’m mid job. Will post when I get a chance. Busy, busy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man I love the PLS laser!!! I use it all the time.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Here’s a list of the 5 best new cordless tools for 2017

http://toolguyd.com/5-best-new-cordless-tools-2017/

How ironic that the 18V Ridgid 1 gallon Compressor is on the list. I just bought one on clearance. I still don’t get why they’re clearancing out so many recently released Ridgid tools.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I still don’t get why they’re clearancing out so many recently released Ridgid tools.

Just the nature of the big box store to keep traffic up to the store. I like it when they release a new tool and it is already on sale. Congrats on that compressor.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Man I love the PLS laser!!! I use it all the time.

Is that a green one Dirty?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I still don’t get why they’re clearancing out so many recently released Ridgid tools.

Just the nature of the big box store to keep traffic up to the store. I like it when they release a new tool and it is already on sale. Congrats on that compressor.

but funny enough, they usually only discount it at the store that doobie lives around, i’ve checked a few other stores and i get nothing.

Doobie

but funny enough, they usually only discount it at the store that doobie lives around, i’ve checked a few other stores and i get nothing.

That is something that HD does different versus Lowes up here. Lowes will discount everything accross all their stores, whereas HD often only does it by geographic regions selectively.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I was wondering this too. I checked out my local Home Depot for different things. I always came up with nothing.

That is something that HD does different versus Lowes up here. Lowes will discount everything accross all their stores, whereas HD often only does it by geographic regions selectively.

I didn’t know this. This is interesting.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

finally got tired enough of waiting for Bosch to release a cordless drywall router and bought a corded Dewalt router for $55. if Bosch ever gets their act together and releases a cordless one, i’ll buy it right away but i couldn’t wait any longer its too useful of a tool doing what i do

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here’s a list of the 5 best new cordless tools for 2017

http://toolguyd.com/5-best-new-cordless-tools-2017/

How ironic that the 18V Ridgid 1 gallon Compressor is on the list. I just bought one on clearance. I still don’t get why they’re clearancing out so many recently released Ridgid tools.

I see the Makita XDT12 Brushless Impact Driver is on the list too, well deserved that impact is amazing!!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Thanks Brian. The corded Makita was so awesome I thought I could give hem a chance. Plus, they come with systainers. I prefer my tools in a box system

Really looking forward to
    Your thoughts on the cord and cordless models from that company .

Always willing to learn .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

finally got tired enough of waiting for Bosch to release a cordless drywall router

I doubt they ever will (again). Rotozip once had one but they are long gone. you can find them sometimes on ebay (rarely), but then they go for some big bucks.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I dont know if it counts as a tool, but I just picked up about 200 board feet of Select grade walnut, in 10+ foot lengths, 4/4 and 8/4 in 8″+ widths

The beast board is 15 inches wide at its narrowest point, 11 feet long, at 8/4

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,004 total)
  • The topic ‘V-22.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.929 seconds