dcsimg

V-21.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,009 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Couple of interesting developments in the tool world

First up looks like the Consumer Protection Agency is about to announce that table saws must be equipped with a device that prevents the blade from cutting flesh (did anybody not see this coming?) With two technologies out there and one of them banned in the US it looks like SawStop will finally cash in.

Sears is suing TTI in a bid to break their supplier contract. Seems like TTI is requiring payment up front for any tools produced and Sears does not have the cash. Since they have a contract Sears cannot go with a new supplier so the hope is to sue and break the contract. The bad news is that Sears will have fewer tools on sale during the critical Thanksgiving to Christmas shopping season since production needs to start now to have them available.

Looks like all of Sawstop’s lobbying has paid off. I would like to see the reports on that, too.

This is all I found so far, and it’s a dissenting piece

https://www.cpsc.gov/th/node/35162

That is a very reasonable and well thought out presentation. He makes the case for not forcing the technology on the market and makes it very eloquently.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Picked up the Milwaukee fuel bandsaw

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Nice tool @kswiss. What do you use it on? Haven’t seen one before.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Mostly for cutting pipe and threaded rods

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

My tiny little 3m PPS cup came for my new Fuji Q4…and I already want to grab the big version!

Also got some new plywood sized router bits….that are hopefully more accurately sized than the ladt ones! And a bunch of saw blades for my upcoming deck jobs ad well.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

Are they used for metal pipe or just plastic Kyle?

@kswiss

One of them really cool tools. I always thought I would like one even though I have no use for it at the moment. Yeah, I have an illness when it comes to tools.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I picked up a promotion Fein had on blades. A 6 pack for $53. nothing earth shattering but I just paid 31 ish for a 3pk. These things should be cheaper at this point. 🙁

I am a fan of Fein blades they last longer than several other brands I have tried, hence my loyalty.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Brought home a big new tool yesterday. We are upgrading our dump trucks. While not new, it is new to me. Most of our customers want the quad axle configuration in lieu of the tri axle trucks we have now, so it is time for a change.

Attachments:
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Are they used for metal pipe or just plastic Kyle?

@kswiss

This will cut metal and plastic

KeeganC
    Pro
    Bloomington, IN

My tiny little 3m PPS cup came for my new Fuji Q4…and I already want to grab the big version!

Also got some new plywood sized router bits….that are hopefully more accurately sized than the ladt ones! And a bunch of saw blades for my upcoming deck jobs ad well.

Nice, did you get those combo blade packs locally or online? I really like the Makita blades for the cordless

Doobie

Do you mean the 22 oz ones Jon?

Got that brushless AC grinder from Hitachi. Its pretty light and tiny. Most likely not going to end up being used as a grinder most of the time in my case but as a motor for a machine build. Uploaded a photo of it against one of my Bosch grinders.

Attachments:
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Got that brushless AC grinder from Hitachi. Its pretty light and tiny. Most likely not going to end up being used as a grinder most of the time in my case but as a motor for a machine build. Uploaded a photo of it against one of my Bosch grinders.

Any more information on this machine build? It sounds interesting

@kswiss

I’m trying to build a portable table saw that’s kind of like a Mafell Erika. Mafell doesn’t make the Erika 85 in 120V anyways. I was planning to source an angle grinder (A Metabo, with the electronics for constant speed) for the motor which would drive a belt in reduction to the arbor. Found out that Hitachi released a brushless unit and its the closest I can get to an induction motor. At 13 amps and being brushless, that’s a lot of power coming out of the shaft instead of being blown away as heat.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

@kswiss

I’m trying to build a portable table saw that’s kind of like a Mafell Erika. Mafell doesn’t make the Erika 85 in 120V anyways. I was planning to source an angle grinder (A Metabo, with the electronics for constant speed) for the motor which would drive a belt in reduction to the arbor. Found out that Hitachi released a brushless unit and its the closest I can get to an induction motor. At 13 amps and being brushless, that’s a lot of power coming out of the shaft instead of being blown away as heat.

That sounds awesome, I’ll be looking forward to seeing some updates for sure

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

@kswiss

That sounds awesome, I’ll be looking forward to seeing some updates for sure

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Nice, did you get those combo blade packs locally or online? I really like the Makita blades for the cordless

@keeganc, the blades came from Amazon. I think it was about $2 extra to add the 16T to the 24T I normally use, so I couldn’t pass it up!

Do you mean the 22 oz ones Jon?

@doobie
    , I think they are 28oz actually. Because it is paired with he Fuji, the cup is a bit different than the standard type as it has a little rubber hose pressurizing the cup. The pressure style is only available in the mini (6oz, which I already owned a ton of the liners and lids) and the “large” size….skipping the sizes in between.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@kswiss

congrats on your new cordless bandsaw.
    what’s the cutting capacity?
    What size batteries you got for your milwaukee tools?
    Do you already own those big 9.0s ?!

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Brought home a big new tool yesterday

Man that is some “new tool” you got there Kurt. Looks nice. Have with it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 1,009 total)
  • The topic ‘V-21.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.081 seconds