dcsimg

V-21.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

This topic contains 869 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Boschmanbrian 3 hours, 16 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 870 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ron
    RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Here’s the new thread,,
    here’s the old one,,,https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-20-0-toolaholic-public-announcement-page/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Had to go to the states to pick this up, the price in Canada was just over double .

Profile photo of Howard
    hojo04
    Pro

That’s a nice box there.

Picked up some new stuff from Dowelmax – dpsome more dowels (I really like the ones they sell (can also be had from justjoinery) as well as a couple of new dowelmax collar drill bits and their new-ish drill depth setup gauge

I want to stop fiddling with drill collar setup, and keep one at the right setting for even split on a 1.5-inch dowel, another for a 2-inch dowel, and two others that I adjust as needed (so I can do both halves of an uneven joint size).

Had to go to the states to pick this up, the price in Canada was just over double .

congrats aaron – it’s great to save a few bucks just by crossing the border.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Profile photo of Frank
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

congrats Aaron – it’s great to save a few bucks just by crossing the border.

@r-ice,
    Yea, Congrats on a nice rugged box. How are the wheels on that thing?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Profile photo of Kyle
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m not usually a fan of ridgid but that’s a nice box for sure

Profile photo of r-ice
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

the wheels on this bad boy is pretty awesome, they feel so smooth. I’d even compare them to the casters on the lboxx dolly.

Profile photo of Jon
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

My new planer arrived (no busted handle this time). What a sweet machine!

I used the first one to plane the pile if maple in this picture and was pretty impressed. IMHO, the Makita is miles better than the Dewalt 735. I’ll write up a formal review after I get some more use out of the Makita.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Profile photo of Peter
    smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I used the first one to plane the pile if maple in this picture and was pretty impressed. IMHO, the Makita is miles better than the Dewalt 735. I’ll write up a formal review after I get some more use out of the Makita.

That’s quick customer service!

Looking forward to the review.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. -- Red Green

Profile photo of Brian
    Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

That’s quick customer service!

Looking forward to the review.

Right about that Peter, great customer service.
    Nice to know you like it so far Jon

Thats great to hear! I look forward to the review

Love my dw735 but its not exactly new anymore- if it dies, I may look at what is on the market

My old Makita is still chooching merrily along. I keep thinking of an upgrade, but it still keeps going. If I do upgrade I want a combo jointer/planer. Less space than 2 machines and still get the benefit of a 12″ jointer. A helical head with carbide inserts would be nice too. Anyone got a few thousand dollars to spare?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Profile photo of Kurt
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I will have to say that my 735 has been good to me, I have run a few miles of material through it with only a small issue with a large chip breaking a part of the dust ejection housing. The repair was fairly cheap. I am not really a Dewalt fan as it relates to power tools, but I do have a few of their miter saws and the planer that I do not have any complaints about.

I do like Makita and their tools, I have a lot of them, ever since they came on strong back in the 80’s and gave Milwaukee a run for their money. When B & D changed their industrial line to dewald in the early 90’s, they blew away all of the competition and never looked back.

Profile photo of Charles
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

That didn’t take long !

Interesting comments considering the DeWalt 735 was given the nod in a number of reviews. I don’t recall if the Makita was reviewed too. Looking forward to your review and understanding the differences that make it miles ahead.

Profile photo of Ron
    RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Great you got the replacement so fast. What size dust port does the Makita use Jon?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Profile photo of Jon
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Great you got the replacement so fast. What size dust port does the Makita use Jon?

Well…its a 3″ port. I just shoved a 2 1/2″ shop vac hose into the opening and it worked very well, even though it didnt fit properly. I’ll be picking up the proper fitting tomorrow. I’m assuming the DC will only get better with a proper fitting.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Yes sir, way back when we had some talks on these. Great boxes, I am up to 4 for tools and one for emergency items. If they go on sale around the holidays I want to get 2 more sets, heck of a deal with the top box for free

wow did they ship the new item overnight? that was insanely fast!
    Does the makita has blades or a helical cutterhead? @jponto07

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 870 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 2.576 seconds