dcsimg

V-20 I GOT A BOX

Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 1,602 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

A 4 aH 18V battery and 2 of the small 12V batteries showed up today. That got done fairly fast. Thanks Bosch and BTP!

Congrats on the box Jim.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Same here , they deducted the points for the half sheet sander , looking forward to trying it out

Were your points removed today or on July 2 like everyone else?

Same like Kevin , it was on the 2nd of July ,

Nice! I think there was a bunch of members that had points removed on the 2nd including myself.

Yeah I think so , nice to hear you had an points removed also 🤞

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Update on my redemption.

After sending out email #10 since January, the wheels started to turn. Got an apology, and an acknowledgement that my points were deducted with no redemption. After a couple more emails back and forth, we settled on a pricy laser. That last email was on July 1st.

Fingers crossed

Doobie

Update on my redemption.

After sending out email #10 since January, the wheels started to turn. Got an apology, and an acknowledgement that my points were deducted with no redemption. After a couple more emails back and forth, we settled on a pricy laser. That last email was on July 1st.

Fingers crossed

Now that’s suffering long enough there Warren. Dang! You deserve what sounds like a seriously nice UPDRADE from the original request. Hope it all works out from here.

Bloody nonsense with these requests!!!

Show us your prize buddy once you get the “bird in the hand!”

Doobie

Redemption points deducted on the 2nd. Let’s see how long it takes to get here.

I hope it doesn’t take to long to arrive. I am sure your buddy will be happy with his new vac. Does he know you are giving it to him or is it a surprise?

Yes he does.

I gave him my ideas on getting the 9 Gal versus the 14 Gal and he was like me, he wanted the 14 Gallon vac despite its issue with if you have a full bag well packed in it, it is a dog to remove it.

I’ve come to sacrifice some bags early in use and lug it out sooner than more than 3/4 full in practice just to save the PITA of a packed bag.

Despite that doctrine I knew in advance, had one packed bag that took me almost an hour one time to get rid of with the hose backed up with debris and trying to mitigate the mess in the middle of winter a few months ago in the house. I knew in advance with these 14 gallon vacs it was susceptible to that, but I just wasn’t paying proper attention to what was really going on til it was too late. Sigh!

Don’t have that issue with my CT36AC Festool. The bag is rested elongated at it’s entry/exit is easy from where it rests in it’s internal nest in the unit. Never an issue really with the Festool vacs although some ‘bricked’ Festool bags were tight to pull, but never fell apart and were pullable. In fact, you can pull out a Festool bag and use the CT36AC in concrete plastic bag mode and just go and plunk the almost full bag back into it afterwards once the plastic crete bag was removed and disposed of with no real issue after shaping it back into it’s cavity.

The Bosch bags in the 14 Gallon vac are like a column in a tall tube instead if you understand what I mean. Once they are packed close to, or tight full they are a dog to remove usually necessitating partially or fully destroying the bag (fleece in my case) to remove which negates the whole point of having bags which myself I prefer bags. Basically, I believe Bosch really thought most folks would use these vacs bagless and paid little consideration to its design using bags for its larger 14v gallon vac.

Other than that, I’m a bigger fan of the 14 Gal vac over the 9 Gal vac from Bosch for a variety of other reasons. If I had to haul it by hand, it would be a different story maybe, but for either myself or my friend I’m giving this 14 gallon vac to, that would seldom be the case. Myself and my buddy would solely be using it for home reno use or once in a blue moon helping out someone else.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Update on my redemption.

Fingers crossed

Yes fingers crossed.
    Nice to hear that the BTP team got back to you. It is too bad to 10 emails. Look forward hearing when your laser arrives.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

nice to hear you had an points removed also

Yes it is nice to see that my points removed. Honestly I am not getting my hopes up. Normally after my points were removed. I received my redemption within a week. I sure it will arrive sometime.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yes he does.

I gave him my ideas on getting the 9 Gal versus the 14 Gal and he was like me, he wanted the 14 Gallon vac despite its issue with if you have a full bag well packed in it, it is a dog to remove it.

Ok!

I didn’t know the 14 gal was better then the 9 gal. I have thought about getting the 9 gal at one time. Maybe some day.

Greg

I actually have been using the paper bags , cheaper and then the fact that they messed up my order twice from MH
    I bought a pack of 5 of the paper bags from OPB just before I redeemed for the vacuum a few years ago , then MH finally sent me the 5 not sure what you call them , material bag’s , then when Kevin told me about the kit with the hose , received another 5 material bag’s
    I found the paper bags pretty good , and for the price , I don’t worry so much about filling them up to much , that and sometimes I don’t turn off the auto filter cleaning

Okay wo friggin wohoooo
    Thank you Bosch and BTP and everyone who made it possible
    I received the 1/2 sheet sander
    Can’t wait to give it a try

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Okay wo friggin wohoooo

Nice! Congrats on the new toy and let’s see some smooth wood lol.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Right on! Everybody loves sanding!…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

redwood
    Pro

It’s a really good sander at what it does. Finish sanding on larger areas.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Okay wo friggin wohoooo

Wow! That was quick! Look forwarding how well you like it. Sounds like you have work for it already to do.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Congrats on your new sander, Enjoy

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Congrats on the box Brian.
    Hard to get excited about sanding. lol But that sander will make it a little better.

Ron

Congrats on the box Brian.

Hard to get excited about sanding. lol But that sander will make it a little better.

Lmao , thanks guys ,
    Definitely can see the quality , it’s got a good weight to it ,
    Now I’ll have to source some sandpaper , anyone have suggestions

@redwood

Or anyone else that use a half sheet sander

Bill had posted a review of sandpapers awhile back. The hands down winner was 3M Cubitron II. I tried it and it is now my go to sandpaper. Long lasting, great removal of the wood without being overly aggressive. Give it a try and you will be quite pleased with it. However, I do not know where to point you for purchase in Canada.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

This is what I use in a 120 grit. Been using it for years at the cabinet shop. lasts a long time.
    https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40071138/?preselect=8758387

Ron

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Now I’ll have to source some sandpaper

Try sandpaper.ca or Klingspor Canada.

I generally try to stick with Klingspor, 3M, or Norton when it comes to abraisives.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 1,602 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 2.607 seconds