dcsimg

V-20 I GOT A BOX

Viewing 20 posts - 1,061 through 1,080 (of 1,121 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

How long does it take to respond to an email?

Good point! It doesn’t really take that long.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I would have to say back when the site seemed to be more closely monitored, the redemptions were in the 4 to 6 week time frame. I have had a couple come immediately, but most were in that range.

In my opinion, if you need it right away, buy it, If it is more of a want than a need, order it.

I think you are spot on Kurt with the redemption history and whether you need it right away or not. Good point.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I had 2 12″ boxes stolen in the last couple years off jobs,

Do you have any insurance against stolen work tools and materials?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

With all your posting Bill, I wondered what you might be looking at. Now I know. Nice tool! Make some sawdust.

I plan to. It is a very nice tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It does not bother me that they do not respond to emails, really. Thy are busy, all I know is that I have 8 prize requests in the last 2 years and thy have all come. Works for me.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It does not bother me that they do not respond to emails, really. Thy are busy, all I know is that I have 8 prize requests in the last 2 years and thy have all come. Works for me.

Not as many as you , but I have no problem , like Kurt said if you need it asap better just go out and buy it.

Doobie

Not as many as you , but I have no problem , like Kurt said if you need it asap better just go out and buy it.

That’s what I’ve done. Since Jim left, forget about getting things likidy split. Be prepared to wait.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I do, but it is cash value and I have a $2500 deductible. It takes a lot to get to the deductible and then I would only get a couple hundred bucks for a saw. Two claims in a couple of years and your insurance goes up about 25% for 4 years. We pay over 10K for our insurance with our developments and everything, so unless a claim is really big, it is not worth doing. To me a claim would need to be close to the 10K to make it worth it because it could cost me a lot more than that in the long run. I think I have only had one claim ever.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

BINGO Big thank you to the BTP Team yesterday I received my 12″ Glide. I am extremely happy to say the least. Again Thank you to al at BTP that made this happen.

This will probably be my next redemption. I had 2 12″ boxes stolen in the last couple years off jobs, I still have 2 but it never seems like we have one where we need it and keep running to another job to grab one.

I may look at the 10″ to save weight however. It is not all that often we really need the capacity of the 12″ and it would be nice to save the weight since the saw will not be permanently set in one location.

I just took a look at the weights of the 10″ and the 12″ saws. I was very mistaken thinking that the 10″ saw would save weight moving in and out of jobsites. The stated weight of the 12″ Axial Glide is 65 pounds and the stated weight of the 10″ is 64 pounds. Virtually no difference in weight. At that point, the 12″ would be the way to go.

BINGO Big thank you to the BTP Team yesterday I received my 12″ Glide. I am extremely happy to say the least. Again Thank you to al at BTP that made this happen.

This will probably be my next redemption. I had 2 12″ boxes stolen in the last couple years off jobs, I still have 2 but it never seems like we have one where we need it and keep running to another job to grab one.

I may look at the 10″ to save weight however. It is not all that often we really need the capacity of the 12″ and it would be nice to save the weight since the saw will not be permanently set in one location.

I just took a look at the weights of the 10″ and the 12″ saws. I was very mistaken thinking that the 10″ saw would save weight moving in and out of jobsites. The stated weight of the 12″ Axial Glide is 65 pounds and the stated weight of the 10″ is 64 pounds. Virtually no difference in weight. At that point, the 12″ would be the way to go.

Strange , I thought it would have a larger difference in weight , yeah I guess better have more cut capacity especially since it’s only a pound different

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I do, but it is cash value and I have a $2500 deductible. It takes a lot to get to the deductible and then I would only get a couple hundred bucks for a saw. Two claims in a couple of years and your insurance goes up about 25% for 4 years. We pay over 10K for our insurance with our developments and everything, so unless a claim is really big, it is not worth doing. To me a claim would need to be close to the 10K to make it worth it because it could cost me a lot more than that in the long run. I think I have only had one claim ever.

Yeah, same as my hurricane coverages LOL. All of them have a 5% damage deductables. So a 400K rental if hit by a hurricane a tree falls on the roof blows down fences power lines down flooded floors, has a 20K deductable. Last hurricane came by I have four properties with substantial damages, ranging 15K to 20K, most of them a little under the deductable, so nothing was covered. but because I did reported them and they had an adjuster came by, they raised my premiums on all of them, even on properties where I didn’t report damages.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Strange , I thought it would have a larger difference in weight , yeah I guess better have more cut capacity especially since it’s only a pound different

I did also. I figured the 10″ would have a savings of 10 pounds or so.

Doobie

I did also. I figured the 10″ would have a savings of 10 pounds or so.

I recall looking at the weight difference between the 10 and 12in glides, and it is a mere pound or so.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/miter-saws-cm10gd-48431-p/

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/miter-saws-gcm12sd-33969-p/

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

May be they are the same saw LOL?

I know the Bosch 4.5″ and 5″ angle grinders are the same exact grinder except the size of the guard itself.

Doobie

I know the Bosch 4.5″ and 5″ angle grinders are the same exact grinder except the size of the guard itself.

The 7 and 9 inch grinders are like that. I think the amperage on the 9in is higher though and probably its motor inside what seems almost identical housing, if not the same.

I never knew that about the grinders ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Interesting info, Thank you

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

You would think there would be alittle difference in weight between the new sizes of saws. But since there isn’t the 12″ would be the way to go.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I was only referring to the Bosch GWS18V-45 and Bosch GWS18V-50. When I was deciding between buying one vs the other I noticed they looked the same, they have the same specs. I then found the exploded parts diagrams for both and the part numbers are the same except for the guards. Strange. I emailed Bosch tech support and they told me these are identical except for the guards.

At the time the 4.5″ was $99 and the 5″ was $130. I can buy a 5″ guard for $9.95. So I bought a 4.5″ plus a 5″ guard instead, came out to $109 for the grinder and two guards. I haven’t used it much because the battery doesn’t last long enough unless I am doing quick one off type grinding or cutting.

I was only referring to the Bosch GWS18V-45 and Bosch GWS18V-50. When I was deciding between buying one vs the other I noticed they looked the same, they have the same specs. I then found the exploded parts diagrams for both and the part numbers are the same except for the guards. Strange. I emailed Bosch tech support and they told me these are identical except for the guards.

At the time the 4.5″ was $99 and the 5″ was $130. I can buy a 5″ guard for $9.95. So I bought a 4.5″ plus a 5″ guard instead, came out to $109 for the grinder and two guards. I haven’t used it much because the battery doesn’t last long enough unless I am doing quick one off type grinding or cutting.

Ok so if I bought the bigger guard I’ll be able to use 5 inch disc’s 🤷‍♂️

Viewing 20 posts - 1,061 through 1,080 (of 1,121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.926 seconds