dcsimg

V-20 I GOT A BOX

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 927 total)
  • Author

Wohoooo. I got a box
    Thank you BTP Brittany and all the rest of the people behind the scenes.
    I was just stepping out with my daughter yesterday and the Purolator guy showed up , perfect timing.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Wohoooo. I got a box
    I was just stepping out with my daughter yesterday and the Purolator guy showed up , perfect timing.

That’s awesome, congrats Brian!

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Wohoooo. I got a box

That’s great, Brian. Congrats!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Thanks @cmeyer25 and @smallerstick
    Any recommendations for a good blade
    Mine is the 12 inch , I still have a frued from my previous Bosch 3912 I kept , it was actually resharpened a few years ago.

Doobie

Wohoooo. I got a box

Congratz Brian on getting your 12in Glide. They’re nice saws.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Wohoooo. I got a box

Wow very nice. Congrats Brian!
    That’s how it was when I got mine. Wifey & were stepping out to see girls play and the Purolator guy was at the door.
    Are you putting a new blade on your saw right away?
    I have had good luck with Freud blades. That is all I use right now.

Mine is the 12 inch , I still have a frued from my previous Bosch 3912 I kept , it was actually resharpened a few years ago.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Doobie

Mine is the 12 inch ,

Mine’s the 12in Glide and I just went and bought a Freud for it shortly after buying it. I kept the stock blade as a back up blade.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Congrats Brian ! I wish I could save long enough to get one in my shop !

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I don’t ha e any specific blade recommendations – I’m sure there are better and worse brands, but I typically just buy whatever is on sale at Lowes that had the right tooth count for the job I’m doing, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

Wohoooo. I got a box

Awesome man, congrats … my only complaint with that saw is the dust collection could be better – I think I am going to try something like https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fisher%27s+shop+dust+collection+miter&view=detail&mid=2AF201F31638658405252AF201F3163865840525&FORM=VIRE – Enjoy!

Will

Wohoooo. I got a box

Awesome man, congrats … my only complaint with that saw is the dust collection could be better – I think I am going to try something like https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fisher%27s+shop+dust+collection+miter&view=detail&mid=2AF201F31638658405252AF201F3163865840525&FORM=VIRE – Enjoy!

Thanks 👍 , I’m sure it’s better than my older Bosch 3912 , that’s pretty cool what you linked. I’ll definitely have to look more into that.

@cmeyer25 I actually just came back from Reno Depot looking at the 12 inch blades. I think I’ll just go with the flow and keep the 60 tooth Bosch and my frued finish blade.

CB
    Pro

I purchased a 12″ glide a few years ago at a retail big box store.

The saw shipped with a Bosch branded blade, made in China.

I mention country of origin, since Bosch owns Freud, one of the premier blade manufacturers in the world, located in Italy. Bosch also brands blades made in Italy, and coats them in blue. The blade that Bosch shipped with the 12″ glide saw was uncoated.

It is also a different blade than the blade Bosch ships to European and Oceanian markets, which get a 72 tooth blade, whereas the North American market receives a 60 tooth blade (at least in blue boxed USA retail product).

How did I find out all this, or rather, why did I find out all this?

Because the Bosch blade that shipped with my saw wasn’t true. I took it to my blade sharpener, just to show him the new blade that came with the new saw, and right away he saw that the blade wasn’t flat.

He showed me how the blade was taco’ed, with his measuring instruments for trueness, and then he straightened the blade on his $4,000 blade anvil, using a couple of $300 blade hammers, and then retensioned the blade. It did not need sharpening, as it was yet new.

When he was done, we remeasured the blade on the same instrumentation, and the difference was startling. So don’t assume that NEW blades are in fact TRUE blades.

Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

Wohoooo. I got a box

Congrats on the new saw she’s a monster . Looking forward to your thoughts on it once you have sometime with it .

Always willing to learn .

Wohoooo. I got a box

Way to go and congratulations. A wonderful piece of kit. I love mine.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

redwood
    Pro

Wohoooo. I got a box

I have the 10″ glide and like it fine, but your right the dust collection leaves a lot to be desired. Congrats Brian.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Wohoooo. I got a box

Great Box Brian! Congrats…

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Big thanks to Bosch and the BTP crew. This PS42 will be put to work right away. Can’t wait to give it a road test, batteries are charging as we speak.

Attachments:

Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Big thanks to Bosch and the BTP crew. This PS42 will be put to work right away. Can’t wait to give it a road test, batteries are charging as we speak.

Congrats Peter! Nice to see that your PS42 has arrived. Looking forward to hear how you like it.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Congrats Peter , looking forward to hearing what you think about this little impact. It’s definitely on the list for me.

redwood
    Pro

Nice Peter. I really like those small 12V drills and impacts from Bosch. I almost never use my 18V tools any longer.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 927 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.261 seconds