dcsimg

V-20 I GOT A BOX

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,602 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I struggle to get good miters when making picture frames.

Then a new miter saw is a good idea then. How old is it? What size?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

How old is it? What size?

My saw is around 10 years old. It is a 10 inch. The Mastercraft miter saw I had before the bushing wore out. I couldn’t get a replacement for it. It was about 3 years old.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

My saw is around 10 years old. It is a 10 inch. The Mastercraft miter saw I had before the bushing wore out. I couldn’t get a replacement for it. It was about 3 years old.

Stick with a 10 inch or smaller. While you lose cut capacity not going 12 inches, when it comes to miters, the bigger the blade and the saw’s overall size, the more difficult accurate miters can be. Not only the slop in a bigger mechanism can be the culprit, but apparently from what I’ve read many times, the larger blades can flex more especially going thru harder woods. FWIW.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Stick with a 10 inch or smaller. While you lose cut capacity not going 12 inches, when it comes to miters, the bigger the blade and the saw’s overall size, the more difficult accurate miters can be. Not only the slop in a bigger mechanism can be the culprit, but apparently from what I’ve read many times, the larger blades can flex more especially going thru harder woods. FWIW.

Can you explain how a blade can flex during a cut? Wobble because it’s out of flat but flex? I would be very interested in understanding that.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Can you explain how a blade can flex during a cut? Wobble because it’s out of flat but flex? I would be very interested in understanding that.

Apparently they do according to what I’ve read many others saying over the years.

But I hear ya. Me, I think it’s not the blade itself bending while its spinning, although that is possible I suppose, but that whatever slop can creep into a blade having to work against forces being exerted on it in non 90 degree angles is simply the greater amount of play as a result of the whole assembly holding the blade not remaining perfectly aligned. The bigger the blade, the more this is exacerbated. Not sure I’m explaining that right.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:
    Doobie wrote:

I don’t think I would get a 12″ miter saw. I did think about getting 8″ saw. I am sure I will just got with a 10″ Glide.

Greg

Doobie

I don’t think I would get a 12″ miter saw. I did think about getting 8″ saw. I am sure I will just got with a 10″ Glide.

I was even thinking of getting the small cordless Makita saw. Still very much on the fence with that though. I don’t see getting a ton of use out of it. I have three other corded saws that can all go mobile. A fourth saw, even smaller and lighter and being cordless seems like too much.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I found the Dewalt blades flex terrible . I was using a 7 1/4″ Dewalt on my skill saw to cut a miter for butcher block countertops. Brand new blade flexed terrible.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

A fourth saw, even smaller and lighter and being cordless seems like too much.

You really think so?

You really think so?

You going into the renovation business ,
    I have one and it’s been sufficient for years 🤔
    That being said , I’ll definitely be buying the Bosch cordless when it’s available.

Doobie

You really think so?

Not 100% frankly. I can’t say if I saw a sweet deal on one it wouldn’t be coming home with me. My 20 year old Craftsman 12in chop saw could die anytime. All three of my current miter saws have their place for me, so it would be missed nonetheless.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

. A fourth saw, even smaller and lighter and being cordless seems like too much.

I guess you could get rid of a older saw and then you would have 3 saws again. I would almost think since you have Makita 18V batteries. That you might buy a cordless Makita mitre saw.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

get the forth saw. That way you have saw horses for them and you will be four sawhorsemen.

Doobie

get the forth saw. That way you have saw horses for them and you will be four sawhorsemen.

Apocalypse Now…lol! Problem though, I don’t have a white sawhorse.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Apocalypse Now…lol! Problem though, I don’t have a white sawhorse.

I’m sure you could think of something, lol. Any stystainers you could mount it on?

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I just got a notification that I have a package from Bosch coming today…

Charlie

Instagram

Congrats Charlie , just need to remind us what was it you ordered again.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

The plunge base for my MR23 router and the deluxe guide, plus two 2.0 Ah12V batteries.

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The plunge base for my MR23 router and the deluxe guide, plus two 2.0 Ah12V batteries.

congrats charlie – nice stuff you getting there

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Excellent choices, Charlie. You will enjoy them for sure. Congrats.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,602 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.223 seconds