dcsimg

V-20 I GOT A BOX

This topic contains 116 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 6 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 117 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here we go again,,,
    Post up your BTP redemptions with pics of your new tools.
    Here’s the old thread::
    https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-19-i-got-a-box/page/51/

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

well well well I got a box from Bosch today.

It’s the GLM20 laser measure and the GMS120 wall scanner.

Thank you Bosch and Brittany!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

awesome – congrats on your box

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That’s awesome, congrats! I have the GLM20 and love it, you’ll have to let us know how the wall scanner works – I have developed a deep distrust of any stud finder type devices, but I’ve been curious about Bosch’s.

Charlie

Instagram

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Awesome ! Glad to see the boxes flowing again.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Congrats and enjoy your new tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

That’s great! Congrats on your new Bosch tools.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Congrats on the box Miamicuse.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Congrats, I have both of them , I actually gave the laser measure to a friend , it takes a few times to get used to the wall scanner , but after getting used to it it’s actually pretty good.
    The key is moving slowly back and forth
    Looking forward to hearing what you think about them

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

GMS120 wall scanner.

Congrats on getting a box. Those look like great tools to have!

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

That’s awesome, congrats! I have the GLM20 and love it, you’ll have to let us know how the wall scanner works – I have developed a deep distrust of any stud finder type devices, but I’ve been curious about Bosch’s.

Same here. I have a few wall scanners and don’t really use them much. In my case it is because down here I deal with thick plastered walls that’s over an inch sometimes two inches thick all the time. Most times I am trying to locate wood studs and it’s hit n miss. So I decided to try this one from Bosch and see if it could make a difference.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have both of them , I actually gave the laser measure to a friend

Did the laser measure not do what you want? I intend to use it as a quick rough measure too outdoors. Like how far from where I am standing to the wall, to the fence etc…and it’s super compact. However can’t do horizontal measures like table dimensions unless you put something to intercept.

One quick question if someone knows…these laser do they go through water? If I am standing at a dock, and point it down, am I measuring the distance to water level or distance beyond it? Does it depends on whether water is clear or murky?

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

not sure if the laser works in water, something tells me no because the beam will get broken up.

i know 2 years ago i set up my new laser level outside when there was heavy mist, the beam turned into a fan like effect from the droplets in the air

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Did the laser measure not do what you want? I intend to use it as a quick rough measure too outdoors. Like how far from where I am standing to the wall, to the fence etc…and it’s super compact. However can’t do horizontal measures like table dimensions unless you put something to intercept.

One quick question if someone knows…these laser do they go through water? If I am standing at a dock, and point it down, am I measuring the distance to water level or distance beyond it? Does it depends on whether water is clear or murky?

Yeah I liked it , it’s just I also have a older DLR130 that I bought from CPO years ago and found I was not really using the
    Smaller one

Good question about using it in water. I’ll be interested to see if it would be possible

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Sounds like a fun science experiment – anyone have a bucket they want to fill with water and test it out? I’d try with calm and disturbed water to see if it makes any difference. I’d assume murky would be the same as a solid surface, but maybe that’s something to check too – there’s bound to be some sort of threshold if it works fine in clear water, some number of parts per million of dirt that make it opaque to the laser.

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Sounds like a fun science experiment – anyone have a bucket they want to fill with water and test it out? I’d try with calm and disturbed water to see if it makes any difference. I’d assume murky would be the same as a solid surface, but maybe that’s something to check too – there’s bound to be some sort of threshold if it works fine in clear water, some number of parts per million of dirt that make it opaque to the laser.

I just finished giving it a try , it’s our rinse agent so it’s just water with Cascade dishwasher soap.
    It actually gets a measure , but definitely nothing precise , mind you the water is slightly murky

Oh it’s a 80 us gallon drum , and filled with approximately 44 inches of water in height

Sweet redemption Miamicuse.

Will

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I just finished giving it a try , it’s our rinse agent so it’s just water with Cascade dishwasher soap.
    It actually gets a measure , but definitely nothing precise , mind you the water is slightly murky

Oh it’s a 80 us gallon drum , and filled with approximately 44 inches of water in height

Well there you go – so I guess it probably wouldn’t be great for anything in a lake or bay either.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Congrats on the box Miamicuse.

Right on, on the box Miamicuse.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Boy does that look nice. I bet your happy to use that soon. Congrats.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.927 seconds