dcsimg

V-20.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

This topic contains 984 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 985 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here’s the new thread,,
    here’s the old one,,, https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-19-0-toolaholic-public-announcement-page/page/51/#post-610306

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

So, a contractor friend called me last night and asked me if I wanted this for $75.

I now own 7 compressors.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I picked up an organizer to fill with pipe fittings. Sick of having to dump the bucket to sift through the fittings

http://www.dewalt.com/en-us/products/gear-and-equipment/tool-storage/toughsystem-organizer/dwst08202

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

So, a contractor friend called me last night and asked me if I wanted this for $75.

I now own 7 compressors.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”></figure>

nice score on the compressor, I have seen them being clearanced in the stores but not that low.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I picked up a PacTools Gecko gauge set yesterday to help install some fiber cement board. They are substantially better than the chunks of plywood I used to set the reveal on the last fiber cement job I did!

Here they are hanging on the wall in the distance. This is the only picture I have of them at the moment.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I picked up a PacTools Gecko gauge set yesterday to help install some fiber cement board. They are substantially better than the chunks of plywood I used to set the reveal on the last fiber cement job I did!

Here they are hanging on the wall in the distance. This is the only picture I have of them at the moment.

I bought another brand of those types of gauges, but I may just buy a set of the Gecko’s as well. Just found a place online here in Canada that has them at a reasonable price and in the thickness size I need.

Kevin.

VIKINGS - NEW SEASON 29NOV2017 - CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS - LET THE PILLAGE BEGIN!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The Gecko’s are nice because the hook to the wall better and allow install by 1 man. A little pricey though. We have several types of gauges and use the Malco or the ones handed out by LP the most. The Malco clip to the wall, but the LP do not. I do like the LP because they are adjustable unlike a lot of the others. WE do More LP than Fiber Cement any more and the Gecko’s do not fit the LP if I am not mistaken.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

is that the compressor that can be broken down into components ive heard mixed reviews about it

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Gecko gauge

The Gecko gauge works great, a lot better that the banding strap we used to bend up.
    Can not see it in the pic.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

The Gecko’s are nice because the hook to the wall better and allow install by 1 man. A little pricey though. We have several types of gauges and use the Malco or the ones handed out by LP the most. The Malco clip to the wall, but the LP do not. I do like the LP because they are adjustable unlike a lot of the others. WE do More LP than Fiber Cement any more and the Gecko’s do not fit the LP if I am not mistaken.

This was one thing I noticed about investigating the Gecko holders is that you need to get the ones that fit the correct thickness of your siding. They have multiple different types. Guys would order the 3/8ths thick ones and complain that they did not work properly using them on Hardie 5/16th siding. While some correct this with shimming them so the cam action can work better, it is not the most desirable solution.

I bought the much cheaper Malco ones but I haven’t tried them yet, still, I may get the proper Gecko ones also.

Kevin.

VIKINGS - NEW SEASON 29NOV2017 - CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS - LET THE PILLAGE BEGIN!

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Nice deal.

I now own 7 compressors.

congrats on the purchase. that’s quite some savings comparing to the original price.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

is that the compressor that can be broken down into components ive heard mixed reviews about it

Yeah, most of the reviews are not great. I have a history filled with some terrible compressors. At least this one was cheap, and since I have 6 others, it may not see a whole lot of use.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Picked up a ridgid 12 gallon shop vac today for 13 bucks from a local online auction site, you can never have to many vacuums.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I now own 7 compressors.

Great deal! I almost picked up that one as a second compressor for at home when it came with a free stick framing nailer.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I was removing some 3″ screws today that were sunk deep into some wood windows we were replacing. On a few of them the Phillips head stripped out and I had to chisel out around them and turn them out with a vice-grips. So this evening I bought this.

Picked up a ridgid 12 gallon shop vac today for 13 bucks from a local online auction site, you can never have to many vacuums.

right attitude austin 😀 and 13 bucks doesn’t hurt the wallet.
    is the vacuum in a good condition?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

right attitude austin 😀 and 13 bucks doesn’t hurt the wallet.
    is the vacuum in a good condition?

It’s brand spanking new, can’t beat that

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Gecko gauge

The Gecko gauge works great, a lot better that the banding strap we used to bend up.
    Can not see it in the pic.

I enjoyed them for sure!

They are up on the wall…top right in the picture. For some reason I snapped the photo without realizing that I didn’t pull them down.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 985 total)

The topic ‘V-20.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 1.962 seconds